Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 07-08-2006, 03:02 PM   #1
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Default BEST Racing - Phillip Island, Victoria - 19/20th August 2006

Best Racing will be entered in the latest Round of the CAMS National Racing Series at Phillip Island, Victoria on the weekend of 19/20 August.

The latest news is that the car is going great and some gremlins have been sorted in what is turning out to be a successful year for the Team and their ST170 Focus.

RACE 1 on Saturday
RACE 2 on Sunday @ 9.35am and RACE 3 @ 12.50pm. Times are subject to change though.

So I am sure Best Racing will look forward meeting our Victorian EUROFORCLUB Members and to have their support for the weekend. When they've raced in N.S.W. this year it's always been a great day out.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im sure Matt and I will be there

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Adam,

I'm sure you and Matt won't be disappointed. There's always lots of things to see i.e. the Famous Elf Models!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol yeh, Eddie I'm sorry I will post Rally of Canberra CD also. Just been a bit busy with my car and other things. But will come soon, hopefully not before next year

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 09-08-2006, 01:09 AM   #5
bestracing

Default Best Racing at Phillip Island

Hi Everyone,

We would love too see you all at the Island. Make sure if you do come, too drop into garage 21 too see us. We always enjoy having visitors.
It will be an interesting weekend, at this stage looks like there are no alternations to the parity which means we still are carrying extra weight and have a rev limit of 7000rpm, whereas the rest of the cars in the class have no restrictions. At this stage we are still leading the class and are 5th overall ( only 3 points difference between 3,4,5th placegetters).
But regardless of the parity we will be giving it 100+ effort!

Regards, Darren
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Yep Adam and I will rock up.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

You'll have a good time guys. BTW I checked the program and I'm pretty sure there's the GT Cars, GT Performance Cars, V8 Utes and Formula 3!!! ALL my favourites. DAMN I wish I could make it.

Zetec, Do you think you could p.m. me re: Rally of Melbourne. I need to get some accomodation organised amongst other things.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Sure mate, no probs. Will do.
Old 16-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Update, we're definitely in (Adam and I) for the weekend, probably at this stage just the Sunday. Hoping to bring the girls along too, but we're still confirming if they can come. Will be at least Adam and I probably in my car.

Any other Victorians coming?
Old 16-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #10
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

THE GIRLS! Please fill us in.

BTW Matt, I've secured accom at Coburg for the Rally of Melbourne. Just have to get my tickets now!! Should be a good weekend.

Old 16-08-2006, 05:46 PM   #11
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your car Matt? What about mine?

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 16-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I said probably...

Arriving in a 5 door Focus would be bad for my image Whatever, I'm easy!

Girls = Adam's lovely girlfriend and one of her friends.
Old 18-08-2006, 05:23 PM   #13
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Ah! Sounds good. You'll have to supply them with some Eurofordclub promo gear to hand out??!!

Old 22-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #14
bestracing

Tough weekend had by the team at Phillip Island.
Saturday - Practise had some issues with tyres vibrating, however were not concerned as were old tyres.
Qualifying - We were out qualifyed by Mertons (proton - 2.02.66) Focus (2.03.31)
Race 1 - All okay on observation lap, race commenced lots of wheel spin, broke a driveshaft on the line retired from the race after 3/4's of a lap.
Peter (crew member) & myself made the drive back to Kallkallo, where we meet Peter's partner and retrieve some parts for repairs (1/2 way for both of us (4 hour drive).

Sunday - Caught up with Zetec & Focusonthis & the girls!
Race 2 - Car all ready to go, moved the car out of the shed to wash it & check repairs, broke another driveshaft. The team worked furiously but were unable to be ready in time for the start of the race (missed it by 4 mins).
Race 3 - Darren got a fantastic start, he says he took off like he was going shopping! Lead the race for 5 laps, before the class B cars caught up & Merton slipped past. Finished race in 2nd place.

Overall gained 25 points for the weekend, which gives us a total of 324
Merton 186
Gray 150
Anderson 69
Harris 66

Next round is 2nd & 3rd September at Queensland Raceway, Ispwich, so very short time lines, the team has alot of preparation work to do prior to departure date of Aug 30th.

Regards Treena.
Old 22-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #15
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thanks for the Summary of the weekends' activities Treena (and the SMS's you sent me too).

BTW I wasn't aware Darren was such a keep shopper!! Please explain!!!

Old 24-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #16
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Sounds like a rough weekend - notone but two driveshaft failures in the same weekend? Motorsport is a rough companion.

Glad that you got some points from the weekend, and I am sure I speak on the behalf of the whole club when we wish you well for the next round! Will be good to see the ST up winning where it should be, if the monkey of mechanical failures can be shaken off!

Regards, Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #17
bestracing

Check out the website: http://www.speedshots.com.au/gallery...06_cams_series
(round 7) it has photo's from the weekend.

Regards, Treena