Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #331
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: Ford to close FPV?

^^ Yeah, I took Wolfie for a drive yesterday and swear I could almost hear him saying, crickey mate, about time we had a good run and by the way, I like my kennell and want to stay
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #332
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

I've come a bit late into this conversation, mainly because I was interested in what people had to say about the OP.... Interesting is probably the best way to sum it up...

Anyways, this thread seems to be the best place to raise my question... And I don't think I'll be alone with my suggestion.

I am of the FIRM belief that if the Falcon GT is to be retired - it should go out with a bang... Though, I am of the STRONG belief that it should not be a GT-HO... However I think buyers, collectors, enthusiasts, and Ford loyalists who have never owned a GT, would like to see a 351 GT...

So I feel that a limited run (of 351) Falcon GT 351 should be released, featuring the R-Spec type specifications, and the power output of 351kw (so it can be called a 351GT again)... Personally I'd love to see a modern version of the Superoo implemented or incorporated somehow, whether it be in the stripes/blackouts or the seating logos, but I think it would be a nice touch.

It should ONLY be available in colours similar to the most popular classic GTs (like Vermillion Fire, Wild Violet, Electric Blue, Yellow Blaze, Apollo Blue, Calypso Green, GT Gold, etc) and should have blackouts/accents to compliment...

If the RRP for the R-Spec was approx $77k then I think that an RRP of approx $80k-$84k is not ridiculous or excessive... And I'd doubt that they'd have trouble selling them all...

Who's with me?
Old 18-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #333
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

lol @ 90 grand

ill stick to my little turbo and my newly purchased xb with a 200 motor
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #334
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Well after really struggling to get my head around this last week I think i've come full circle with this bloody thing, (yes i'm feeling dizzy in case anyone wants to know).

Is a SC XR8 with a new shape and some new tech that's competitivly priced against a Holdon SS-V really such a bad thing after all ?

Effectivly a competitivly priced D.I.Y. project base, just add decent brakes, shocks and antiroll bars and Bob's your Uncle.
still lacks a certain prestige i reckon. end the day its just an xr8
you know i,m not trying to bring you back down rodge. but theres no going back for the die hard fpv guys.

Last edited by strik9; 18-11-2013 at 02:53 PM.
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #335
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Well...XR8 or GT, at the end of the day unless you're going to trade up to Mustang, we're all gonna be trawling the wrecking yards in 5 years time looking for those hard to get parts. I spent half my life doing it when i had my XE ESP. The wrecking yards used to laugh at me every time i drove up. How things come full circle again !! Those wrecker guys are are gonna &^/$ themselves laughing when they see me again....
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #336
BOOSTEDGAZ
When in doubt-MORE BOOST!

No matter how you look at it whether it is the last model or not going with the Miami engine or not going from a GT to an XR is a step backwards the GT has been and always will be an icon. I will keep my GT and look straight past the XR when it comes out. Even the mustang has no real appeal to me to be honest there is just something about the GT FPV or the original Ford that makes it stand out and be an icon imo.

PROUD TO FLY THE BLUE STREAK FLAG HERE IN NZ!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BOOSTEDGAZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #337
FTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One day I will off load my AU and possibly buy an EB GT, then I know I have an EL GT to trade up to. For the next ten years after that i have the B and F series to ponder about. By the time I get to FH I might re-post here in 20 years time and let you all know if I went XR8 or GT.
FTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #338
excopau

Anyone else notice since they announced they are closing FPV the dealers upped there prcing on cars for sale on the net, I know of one going up $5000.
excopau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #339
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by excopau View Post
Anyone else notice since they announced they are closing FPV the dealers upped there prcing on cars for sale on the net, I know of one going up $5000.
There are two major FPV dealers here in NZ. Phoned the one we have put all our previous purchases through, (AU & BA XR8, BAII GT-P, FG GT-P, and two couriers and two wildtraks) So you thought we may have built a relationship with them. So we phoned up about getting a keeper, A MKII GT-P in winter white.

Quoted NZD$97999 and offered NZD$40k for our FG GT-P with 60,000km and they couldnt confirm they could get one. After feeling a bit butt-hurt, out of curiosity phoned up the other dealer. . . .

Quoted $92500 and offered $42k for trade in, and they could confirm orders posted before Jan 2014 would be accepted. Amazed at how greedy some dealers are and how some just want to sell a few cars. The second dealers price also included some 3M wrapping and delivery from the North Island. Both dealers also recommended to sell privately as it should sell for 45-50K.

Some dealers just trying to milk that last bit of loyalty out.
99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #340
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
lol @ 90 grand

ill stick to my little turbo and my newly purchased xb with a 200 motor
If Mustang comes under 90K buyers that purchased FPVs will be spewing.

My thoughts are when Mustang hits the street, people will be GT what?
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #341
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post

GT500 Shelby jobbie.. Of course
Any other mustang, meh , pfft. Give me an FPV GT any day.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #342
strik9
aka fpv747

i never liked the look of the mustangs, till i saw a gt 500. then i was yep thats bit special.
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #343
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
GT500 Shelby jobbie.. Of course
Any other mustang, meh , pfft. Give me an FPV GT any day.
Lets see when it hits the street.
Old 22-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #344
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:

90 grand????
If it comes in at 90 grand there won't be more mustangs on the road than fg gt's !
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #345
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:

I don't think so. All but the top level Mustangs are actually a very girly looking car in the flesh. In the states of course they are everywhere and they are not a patch on camaro or challenger. I am not into convertibles but mustang design works best as ragtop. Remember this is real life impressions not pictures. Mustang coming doesn't excite me as much as camaro or challenger potentially coming does.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #346
timeout

Xr8 is the logical end for the v8s starting back in 1991 with the eb1 s xr8... But for you guys in the 70s it should end with the gt.

It shouldn't end at all however once the Ford and Holden go what's the next cheapest new V8 on mass.

Nothing I can see. Everyone who likes a rwd car for a car is screwed as well...
timeout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #347
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
I don't think so. All but the top level Mustangs are actually a very girly looking car in the flesh. In the states of course they are everywhere and they are not a patch on camaro or challenger. I am not into convertibles but mustang design works best as ragtop. Remember this is real life impressions not pictures. Mustang coming doesn't excite me as much as camaro or challenger potentially coming does.
Lets see when the new one arrives.
I like Challenger but Camaro looks like a car off a movie set...ie not real and not in a cool way.
Old 23-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #348
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
90 grand????
If it comes in at 90 grand there won't be more mustangs on the road than fg gt's !
Correct, and I'd be spewing if I paid the silly price of $90K (what some deallers are asking)for an FG GT and the Mustang comes in at $60K
Old 23-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #349
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
Xr8 is the logical end for the v8s starting back in 1991 with the eb1 s xr8... But for you guys in the 70s it should end with the gt.

It shouldn't end at all however once the Ford and Holden go what's the next cheapest new V8 on mass.

Chrysler
Maybe Hyundai.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #350
Owen1888
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by excopau View Post
How far is loyalty gonna go???
Owen1888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #351
JG34JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post

Toyota. (never thought I'd say that)
Mustang.
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post