Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #31
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
Forget that, the rules are simple, "You open the engine for improved components ie: Billet Oil Pump Gears, Valve Springs then it's opened"

I don't see how it can be any clearer.
Pretty basic i think : .
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #32
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurujosh
I dont mean to sound like a smart **** but can you tell me how you can make a XR6T go quicker without raising boost??
I can make more power from a turbo with less boost, its all in the mapping.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #33
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
XR6 Turbo.com boys already have this rule in place and have had for some time, puts the BA and BF engine on a level playing field, changing there rules is like changing the LS1 rules you wont do it..
If the next model Falcon uses a Boss motor, and they have new cams which increase power down low and still retain power up top, does that mean all BA and BF owners could change cams and still call their motors unopened?

It's a silly argument, but the point is the same.

If you have a turbo 6 and want BF performance to race and call it unopened, buy a BF.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 10:23 PM   #34
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
If the next model Falcon uses a Boss motor, and they have new cams which increase power down low and still retain power up top, does that mean all BA and BF owners could change cams and still call their motors unopened?

It's a silly argument, but the point is the same.

If you have a turbo 6 and want BF performance to race and call it unopened, buy a BF.
I am not here for an argument just stating the facts, I have no vested interest... that’s how they choose to run their turbo cars with parity that’s up to them...
Call it what you want, but there is no point debating this because like I have stated before its ''there rules''.
All BA XR6T’s are allowed to run the same springs as the BA/BF F6 & BF XR6T engines.
You can make up your own rules...like there rules its up to you if you have a turbo car and want to follow them, most just want to go out and have fun..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #35
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
I am not here for an argument just stating the facts, I have no vested interest... that’s how they choose to run their turbo cars with parity that’s up to them...
Call it what you want, but there is no point debating this because like I have stated before its ''there rules''.
All BA XR6T’s are allowed to run the same springs as the BA/BF F6 & BF XR6T engines.
You can make up your own rules...like there rules its up to you if you have a turbo car and want to follow them, most just want to go out and have fun..
Not arguing with you Mark, I understand why people change the springs, just don't think it's fair to call it unopened.
Imagine if a group of us Boss owners got together and decided on a list of changes to our motors but we would still call them unopened, not really honest in my opinion.
I know the boys at the other forum made the rules for the turbo's, but it is to their advantage to make up their own set of rules as the majority of people their own the T's and they can all run quicker cars.

Just a legit question also, with the spring change on the BA's do they insist on using genuine ford BF springs or do they allow an aftermarket spring ?

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #36
Chris
AFF.com.au

I think for the most part, unopened should mean unopened, simple.

If its black, has webbed feet and goes quack, its a duck, plain and simple.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 09:42 AM   #37
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I think for the most part, unopened should mean unopened, simple.

If its black, has webbed feet and goes quack, its a duck, plain and simple.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #38
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Not arguing with you Mark, I understand why people change the springs, just don't think it's fair to call it unopened.
Imagine if a group of us Boss owners got together and decided on a list of changes to our motors but we would still call them unopened, not really honest in my opinion.
Exactly it comes down to opinion everyone has there own, that doesn't mean there wrong it’s just you don't agree with them, as you say it’s an opinion and there conscious is they can change them.
It doesn't mean anyone has to follow them, would I do note though they don't have debates about opened and unopened.
Quote:
I know the boys at the other forum made the rules for the turbo's, but it is to their advantage to make up their own set of rules as the majority of people their own the T's and they can all run quicker cars.

As did the LS1.com guys and we had people here who raced with there rules.
We didn’t make there rules have you asked them why are they also dishonest..
Quote:
Just a legit question also, with the spring change on the BA's do they insist on using genuine ford BF springs or do they allow an aftermarket spring ?
Nope... as long as there metal...

In all forms of motor sport there is parity, Holden don’t like when Ford get a leg up and Ford don’t like it when Holden get a concession, it’s the same deal there no one is always happy….not even the ducks..lol..
I have done more than my far share of posting in this thread...
Mick you have had a few good debates/stoushes over at the xr6turbo.com, I would take it up with them...

Old 08-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #39
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

The XR6T.com.au boys can do whatever they want but let me tell you here on the AFF the rules are IMO, you open it for improvements then it's opened, i really can't see it any other way.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 11:33 PM   #40
SpoolMan

The only rules here @ AFF are site T/C.
The rest is left up to each individual on what they consider to be a rule, most wont be bothered they just want to have fun, those that are can
use anyone’s interpretation or parity.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 08-06-2007 at 11:45 PM.