Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #2911
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
But a BA V8 220kw was nothing to write home about, the stock 6cyl did almost everything better. A BA XT 6 Cyl Turbo factory option would truly have been something. And the current 335/351kw motor is certainly a motor to write home about
Would've been like the VL Executive turbo

fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #2912
sbcb
BA Xr8

Crikey. We are off the garden path here.
Had to double check I was in the 2014 sneak peek falcon thread.

Anyone posted a lada yet and some way of drawing relevance to it?
My Ford List - AU1 Futura, AU1 Cobra XR8, EB Gli Project Car, AU2 XR8 200kw, AU1 Fairmont Ghia VCT, AU1 V8 Tickford Fairmont Ghia, BF Xr6 6spd ZF, BA MkII XR8, AU3 Fairmont, SX Territory, AU3 Xr8 220kw, BA Xr8.
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #2913
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

this thread is dead.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #2914
Jaxon

What happened, Where are the pics spyman?
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #2915
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

The last Falcon will be here inside six months, those people thinking that they will hang back and buy a cheapie second hand may miss out..

The Boss 220 XT died out because the V8 was an $8,000 option and dealers gleefully steered the disillusioned into the beautiful XR6T.
I can't understand the fascination with a big engine in XT, it's like buying an unfinished car without, wheels, suspension, brakes and appearance.

Ford is about to deliver an appearance on the next falcon like no other, the aggressive snarl of the nose will make all versions look tough
compared to the toned down styling of VF, even the common XR6 is going to look good and hopefully gets buyers off their tails and into showrooms.

Last edited by jpd80; 23-04-2014 at 11:37 AM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #2916
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not everyone wants to drive showy cars with a big wing, big wheels, bodykit, flashy colours etc.
Id love an XR6T without the kit, but dont want the leather or chrome of the G6ET.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #2917
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
The Boss 220 XT
Barra 220 ;)

I'd love an XT V8 - but i'm a sleeper guy. I love understated, and as much as i appreciate my XR, they've always been too showy for my liking.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #2918
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
Barra 220 ;)

I'd love an XT V8 - but i'm a sleeper guy. I love understated, and as much as i appreciate my XR, they've always been too showy for my liking.
Man you must be super subtle, the FG XR is low key IMO. Seems like the FH XR will still strike this balance well.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #2919
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Man you must be super subtle, the FG XR is low key IMO. Seems like the FH XR will still strike this balance well.
If you think this is subtle we have very different interpretations of the word

there's a reason i've had mainly fairmont ghias the whole time ;)

Old 23-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #2920
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definitely subtle imo
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #2921
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

well like i said, people have different opinions - i have people staring at it all the time, giving thumbs up - even an asian family of tourists stopped taking photos of nature to give me the thumbs up for the car. I've never had so many people gawking at it. It aint subtle!

anyway hopefully there will be more information starting to appear baout FH over the next couple of months as it'd be nice to have something concrete to look forward to. Working out whether i'm going to go for an XR8 or upgrade the daily buzz-box to something more turboish

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 23-04-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 23-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #2922
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
If you think this is subtle we have very different interpretations of the word

there's a reason i've had mainly fairmont ghias the whole time ;)

The BF Mk II Ghia scored XR sideskirts and rear bumper, which toughened it up considerably.

This set the tone for the FG, except to me it looks like this time the XR got the G6's understated skirts and rear bumper. In the past, an understated XR or Fairmont got no kit, while optioning the kit on got you a balls to the wall Tickford kit.

Apart from the Mk II bar (in particular paired with the bonnet bulge on the GS), the FG XRs shape is far too tame visually (IMO)

I'm a quad headlight nose cone, bi-plane spoiler, kinda guy though.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #2923
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
well like i said, people have different opinions - i have people staring at it all the time, giving thumbs up - even an asian family of tourists stopped taking photos of nature to give me the thumbs up for the car. I've never had so many people gawking at it. It aint subtle!

anyway hopefully there will be more information starting to appear baout FH over the next couple of months as it'd be nice to have something concrete to look forward to. Working out whether i'm going to go for an XR8 or upgrade the daily buzz-box to something more turboish
you sure its the thumbs up?your not getting confused with a different finger ? is a nice colour though
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #2924
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
What happened, Where are the pics spyman?
maybe the spyman groupies need to beg a bit more and you,ll get another tail light pic.
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #2925
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Not everyone wants to drive showy cars with a big wing, big wheels, bodykit, flashy colours etc.
Id love an XR6T without the kit, but dont want the leather or chrome of the G6ET.
Try doing a special order XR6T without leather, ask them to delete spoiler and badges..

and I know just the sales person you can drive to distraction with that order..... Gadgetman..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #2926
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
The last Falcon will be here inside six months, those people thinking that they will hang back and buy a cheapie second hand may miss out..

The Boss 220 XT died out because the V8 was an $8,000 option and dealers gleefully steered the disillusioned into the beautiful XR6T.
I can't understand the fascination with a big engine in XT, it's like buying an unfinished car without, wheels, suspension, brakes and appearance.

Ford is about to deliver an appearance on the next falcon like no other, the aggressive snarl of the nose will make all versions look tough
compared to the toned down styling of VF, even the common XR6 is going to look good and hopefully gets buyers off their tails and into showrooms.
At one point, sports suspension/17" wheels/ bigger brakes were all mandatory options with the V8 option on XT. Possibly the reason the option was so expensive.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #2927
Spurious

To try & stay on track here, is it just me or is there a distinct lack of Ford advertising regarding the new Falcon.

Considering that I don't watch a lot of t.v & mainly sit on the PC most evenings (figuratively speaking) , I have not seen a single ad for the new Falcon.
Mind you my 12 year old son usually has the telly on (which is over my left shoulder & always too loud!), but I still don't see any ads for it. Same with the 'net, I use youtube a fair bit & even with the large amount of ad's at the beginning of & during movies & doco's I am not seeing ford ad's.

On the other hand Holden ad's are everywhere, as is most other car makers.

The year is almost half over & I'm starting to wonder if there WILL actually be another Ford 6cyl produced!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #2928
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No point in flogging a dead horse with the FG Falcon Flivver. The new model is many months away too so not quite ready for the advertising build up.

I also see plenty of ads for the Kuga, Ecosport and Ranger, i'm pretty sure Ford AU are in a transitional period away from the Falcon Car Company too which, despite my love for the Falcon, I see as a better strategy than Holdens in the longer term.

Will be interesting to see the interior of the new model but I suspect i'm going to be dissapointed if it's a FG dash tweak.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #2929
XWGT