Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #31
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
I had another update from our fleet department this week about mine. They are still talking Feb but my lease is almost up so the dealer is giving me a loaner to use for a couple of weeks. It's getting closer slowly.
Depending on what the lease company says to me maybe I should hit my dealer up for a loaner!
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #32
Mickmelb

Sometimes it pays to have a big fleet. When I got my current car the dealer gave me a car for a couple of weeks as well and I recently had a Mondeo demo for 2 full days. The downside is there's only certain cars I'm allowed to pick from.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #33
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

More supply issues upstream of the dealers. Seems like the MA release all over again.

The Mondeo IMHO is far superior to the Falcon in all ways except outright speed performance.

msford - I fully understand your willingness to fly to MELB to collect and drive home. I did something similar to collect my MB XR5 from a helpful Bankstown (SYD) dealer after a 'disappointing' local dealer experience. I also looked at BRIS and MEL, but found one a bit closer to home.

And I would not wait 4-5 months for a new car - there are other options/brands available. e.g. Mazda6 / Honda Euro / Subaru Liberty.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #34
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I compromised once on a new car delivery based because of leadtime. It drove me crazy for the next 3 years!
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #35
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I'm with you DRU842. I like the MC Titanium and we need a wagon. Not many diesel wagons around of that size. I don't want a manual, and don't want a SUV/4WD.
I was tempted with the last of the Grand Cherokee Limited's, but it's just a tad over my budget.
Although this could all change when my lease company calls me back on Monday.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 31-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #36
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Saw a load of MC wagon's leaving the docks today, so they will be in dealers in Melbourne soon.
They were MC's as they had the new front. Looks good, only four months for me now.
Previous:
Old 31-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #37
msford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Saw a load of MC wagon's leaving the docks today, so they will be in dealers in Melbourne soon.
They were MC's as they had the new front. Looks good, only four months for me now.
Awesome! Can we assume that the wagons were last to leave thus the Hatch's left earlier this month? What's the estimated trip time? I thought it would be around 30 days. I can't wait. I'm also counting down the days.
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #38
Dusty1
Giddy up!

The cars go straight from the docks to the dealer. I think they get compliance at the docks and then go directly to the relevant dealers (could be 100% wrong here). Ford only gets the ones they are evaluating and using for press.

If you're in Melbourne, I'd reckon you'll be getting a call in the next couple of days, if you've ordered a wagon, don't know about the hatches. I only see them when I come back from dropping my daughter off at child care, and I don't know if there the next transporter out was full of hatches.

Also, I think the boats are bi-passing Brisbane and Townsville, so it you're up there it's either truck from Sydney or truck from Melbourne. That will add some time onto the delivery as well.

Not four months though!
Previous:
Old 01-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #39
ian b

Saw a white MC hatch in Griffith NSW this pm (it had the daytime running lights on the front so I assume it was a Titanium, unable to see the rear end for badging detail)
Old 07-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #40
Mickmelb

I just drove past Knox Ford and sitting in the driveway was a MC Titanium so I stopped to check it out. It looked great in white with the windows tinted and the DRL's set the front off nicely, they will be a nice little visual upgrade for the models without them. So hopefully the long wait is nearly over.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #41
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

My dealer in brisbane got some MC Titaniums in the last few weeks.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #42
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

My dealer in brisbane got some MC Titaniums in the last few weeks.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #43
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
I just drove past Knox Ford and sitting in the driveway was a MC Titanium so I stopped to check it out. It looked great in white with the windows tinted and the DRL's set the front off nicely, they will be a nice little visual upgrade for the models without them. So hopefully the long wait is nearly over.
I used Knox when I got my current vehicle. I asked Brad abotu another one in October 2009, and he said he'd get back to me. He never did. So I've taken my money elsewhere. The experience with my MA was great with Knox, it's even better with Etheridge for my MC.

I was also told Knox had a white MC Titanium wagon, it was on their allocation and apparently here. Was that what you saw Mick?
Previous:
Old 08-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #44
Mickmelb

I only saw 1 MC hatch its in the showroom now. Oh and the shifter said Powershift on the top (someone was asking in another thread). They do have a white MB Titanium wagon though.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #45
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hooray someone confirmed my point about the PowerShift markings on the knob thanks Mick the question is now are the others not the PowerShift without the logo?

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 07:16 AM   #46
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I drove an MC Zetec at Etheridge and I don't think it said Powershift on the gear shifter.

Mick, I thought it was an MC wagon. Confirms my thoughts that they ardent coming in until May with a possible launch at Motor Show?
Previous:
Old 10-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #47
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1st MC Titanium in Stock, Thought i'd answer some questions with pic's!
Interior to start with, Exterior pic's are everywhere anyways! (plus its black and Grubby as hell). Power shift is Def on the Shifter, although dosent show up in the pic's! Seat trim is identical to the MB XR5, Centre console surround seems to have changed to an LX type spec, (dosent match the door spears) which to me seems a tad odd, so im getting this one checked out to see if its been built incorrectly. Seat heater controls are now located under the sliding console cover. A few pic's of some of the the new menu items as well!

Cheers
Andrew

phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #48
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

phoonfan said - Seat trim is identical to the MB XR5

So it has the RED stitching (like my MB XR5 hatch) , not the SILVER (like the MB Titanium) ? The MC Titanium I saw had silver stitching on the MB-like leather/Alcantara seat facings (don't recall if it was hatch/wagon - are they different by body type?)
Old 10-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #49
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

What is uner the nice sliding console lid? The MB (XR5 anyway) had heated seat switches in front of the drink bottle pocket located there.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #50
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Looks good.
I reckon that's the spec and the car has been built like that. Pity we don't get the touch screen unit that is out in Europe.
Previous:
Old 10-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #51
msford

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan

1st MC Titanium in Stock
Hatch or wagon? Are more coming and in other colours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan

so im getting this one checked out to see if its been built incorrectly.
Is that supposed to inspire confidence that they know how to put the car together?
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #52
ian b

Is that a heated front screen switch next to the rear screen heater switch? does it have the Quickclear Screen?

Also no water temp indication?, and digital fuel gauge

The centre console looks better in piano black as per XR5MB.IMO

Plenty of toys though.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #53
Dusty1
Giddy up!

It's a hatch, Mick.

Could be right about that heated front window, Ian.
Previous:
Old 11-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #54
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a look at a Black MC Titanium TDCi hatch today while waiting for service to check the MA.

I must say it is a very very impressive looking car in black. There is no more silver/grey on the front and I recon it looks fantastic. Interior looks very nice too and this one also had a sunroof, not sure it it is standard.

One thing I noticed was that they have changed tyre profile to 45 and as a result the wheels are a lot bigger in fill out the arches much nicer.

Sure does make the MA look very dated.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #55
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Do they really come from Belgium with half a tank of diesel? And I hope the radios aren't pre-programmed to 1377 MTR.

By the looks of that dash, I'll be rooting around with stuff for a while. My partner will yell at me when she drives it because there will be wheel shaking and numerous beeps going on that she won't know what they are for.
Previous:
Old 11-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #56
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have piano black in my GHIA and its hard to keep clean/fluff free..need an anti-static type polish, but none available
Old 11-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #57
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another thing we miss here again is DAB+ Digital Radio!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #58
Dusty1
Giddy up!

[QUOTE=apstar]Another thing we miss here again is DAB+ Digital Radio!

apstar[/

Don't know about mainland Europe, but the UK uses DAB, so it's no good here. It would be very, very hard to get a DAB+ head unit put into Australian vehicles built out of Europe, it's not viable. It will be a while before we see a DAB+ head unit as standard in any car either made in, or imported to, Australia.

Going by the flakiness of the DAB+ connection here in the West of Melbourne, I'm happy to stick with AM/FM.
Previous:
Old 11-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #59
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some of our readers may remember the RA-557 CD/MP3/DAB+ Tuner we had the opportunity to look at back in April 2010. Being the very first unit available on the Australian market, the clever folk at Bluestate have refined their designs and now released the RA-558. This model is available to Australian consumers through wholesaler Directed Electronics.

Some of the refinements of the new model include a faster response and interface, the inclusion of the AM Radio band, and a number of other hardware improvements ensuring this unit works flawlessly in Australia.

Sources include, DAB+, AM/FM, CD, MP3, WMA, USB, SD Card and an optional Bluetooth device.

Specifications

Maximum Power 45W x 4
Front / Rear / Sub RCA Output
Front Aux Input
Built In EQ
Electronic Volume
CD/CD-R/CD-RW
USB / SD Reader
Bluetooth (Optional)
Detachable Front Panel
The Bluestate RA-558 will be available from selected retailers throughout Australia very shortly, however for sales enquiries please contact:

Directed Electronics
Phone: (03) 8331 4800
Click Here to Email Directed Electronics
Old 11-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #60
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

I'll be rooting around with stuff for a while.
been there, took me some weeks (and the odd dumb question posted here)

My partner will yell at me when she drives it because there will be wheel shaking and numerous beeps going on that she won't know what they are for.
ditto, got grumbled at by significant other.......all the way to Tas and back (3000kms...sigh)

MB XR5 mit hi-spec HMI - great drive for you, but pick who you be a passenger with.....