Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #31
ian b

[The first tray in the centre also seems to stick and not open, the plastic at the front of it has a split.]

I had the same issue, seems to be a common occurance.

I got the dealer to fit a replacement through the Ford warranty, although it took them 4 weeks to get the parts.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #32
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
FMG!! you wouldn't want to do that if it's ****ing down with rain ;)

apstar
But perfect on the really hot day to get the super heated air to escape before you hop in to the car.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #33
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
But perfect on the really hot day to get the super heated air to escape before you hop in to the car.
yeh fair enough point taken especially due to that european designed air-con needs every bit of help

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #34
scribbly

I read on the M.E.G. site that Ford has skimped in some MK 4 Mondeos the aircon coolant level/pressures. As such I intend to have the dealer check the level/pressure at the next service.
The author of that input said their aircon improved out of sight after it was refilled.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT

Last edited by scribbly; 02-06-2008 at 06:06 PM.
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #35
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

I've just noticed my fuel door doesn't lock when the car is locked used: is it supposed to?

I have a VE Holden Omega ute as a work car and the fuel door locks when the car is locked.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #36
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Viykor
I've just noticed my fuel door doesn't lock when the car is locked used: is it supposed to?

I have a VE Holden Omega ute as a work car and the fuel door locks when the car is locked.
I don't think they are supposed to lock. Well mine does not lock either.

I don't think it is possible to such fuel out of the Mondeo with the cap-less system they got.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #37
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8

I don't think it is possible to such fuel out of the Mondeo with the cap-less system they got.
That's sort of what I figured, just surprised it doesn't lock.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Old 09-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #38
PeterKD
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8

Definitely should lock when the car is locked. On mine if the car is locked and you try and push the cap nothing happens but when you unlock it the cap pops.
PeterKD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #39
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I think I read about an upgrade re this. Mine does not lock, I think the latest batch do!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #40
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Mondeo fuel gauge and DTE stops at 1/4 full on the way down and tells you there's about 200KM left in the car, and will keep saying so until it suddenly conks out.. Which it did.. this morning.
(Btw.. i got 730km from a tankful)
Also theres an annoying rattle from the left rear door or B pillar area.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #41
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Yeah my fuel flap doesn't lock.

The first batch doesn't lock, the newer .1 models have the locking fuel cap.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #42
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Yeah my fuel flap doesn't lock.

The first batch doesn't lock, the newer .1 models have the locking fuel cap.

I wonder how hard it is to retro fit used:

Then again I wonder if it is worth the hassle/cost.
Old 17-06-2008, 12:22 AM   #43
TheColonel

Apparently it cant / wont be retro fitted, with that wacky capless filling i don't see a real need either way, i think Ford had to give in to the consumer on that one and add it into production as a revision when people started commenting, just like the rubber strip under the read window on the hatch, btw anyone got a fresh hatch with a locking cap and the rear window with the rubber in it to stop water in the boot, would love to see some pics of the rubber.....
Old 17-06-2008, 09:02 AM   #44
r2d2

I have got a new model with the locking cap, but not to sure of the rubber seal on the back window. Could some one send a pict so I can compare.

Thanks

James

R2D2
Old 18-06-2008, 05:59 AM   #45
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Not really a problem with the car but annoying none the less. I let a mate drive my car the other day and we were at a spot with a low driveway.

I said to him you need to come out on a sharp angle or the car mightn't clear properly. He didn't get what I meant and I now have a scrape mark just under the front bumper lip. It goes across most of the front, you have to be looking under the car to see it. Sure is annoying though we've only had it a couple of weeks.
Old 19-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #46
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I finally got my TDCi back into fix some of the issues.

This is what the dealer did:

Replaced sunroof seal (it was leaking)
Stop sunroof from shuddering when opening
Replace passenger's A pillar
Set autolocking
Replace rear tweeter
Re-set clips for the bumper (the dealer fitted a tow bar, and the clips weren't on properly)
Re-set auto transmission

I showed the dealer the A pillar in January. Good to see it took six months for the part to come in.

With the re-set of the transmission, there is a patch that Ford has released to stop any harshness in downshifting. If you are getting your car in for a service, they'll probably do it then, otherwise you might have to book it in.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #47
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Not really a problem with the car but annoying none the less. I let a mate drive my car the other day and we were at a spot with a low driveway.

I said to him you need to come out on a sharp angle or the car mightn't clear properly. He didn't get what I meant and I now have a scrape mark just under the front bumper lip. It goes across most of the front, you have to be looking under the car to see it. Sure is annoying though we've only had it a couple of weeks.
Never let him drive your car again . Is he going to pay for damages?

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #48
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrusher89
Never let him drive your car again .
That's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrusher89
Is he going to pay for damages?
No, we scrapped it first, he just made it look worse. At least you can't see it unless your on your hands and knees.
Old 19-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #49
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AS i said my Mondeo ran out of fuel on highway other day due to faulty fuel gauge.

I picked it up with full tank, and had no idea of range (last car was a Falcon)
It told me it had quarter tank and about 200Km to go, so i kept driving...
It lied. The dealer is fitting a new fuel sensor to the tank on monday.
We tried filing it from Gerri Can but the locking flap wouldnt budge and all teh fuel ran down thesteet. Ended up being a Tow Job! (at Fords expense)

Top marks to Andrew Morgans from Sinclair Ford Penrith. He is service manager there and I have always found he "goes the extra mile" every time.

Big Finger to Thompson ford parramatta, coz the thing ran dry on test drive and they said that they would check it out before delivery....
Actually they totally lied for the whole time of the sale. :
So does anyone know if there is a way to force fuel IN if you run out, or are we gunna see Mondeos on Tow every time the owner gets too ambitious/poor/forgetful?

FYI. I got approximately 740km from a full tank.

Last edited by bathurst77; 19-06-2008 at 09:38 PM.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #50
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
FYI. I got approximately 740km from a full tank.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I didn't catch which engine/model you have - was that a petrol zetec?
Zippy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #51
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I didn't catch which engine/model you have - was that a petrol zetec?
Yea I think it is a patrol hatch. If you are curious about fuel consumption I get about 660-750km out of a tank (66 liters to fill). 660km was the lowest and that was the last tank which was 70% city driving. Only done 4500km all up so I dont know if it will get better or worse, but very happy thus far.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:56 PM   #52
Katoomba

Quote:

Top marks to Andrew Morgans from Sinclair Ford Penrith...

Big Finger to Thompson ford parramatta, ...
I believe Sinclair Ford is owned by one of the other big name Ford dealers and I think it might be Thompson.
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #53
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
AS i said my Mondeo ran out of fuel on highway other day due to faulty fuel gauge.
Well you are going to need what is supplied in the TDCi model an adaptor nozzle as long as it's the same size as the diameter of the fuel pump nozzel for petrol

apstar
Old 03-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #54
Zippy7

Quote:
Well you are going to need what is supplied in the TDCi model an adaptor nozzle as long as it's the same size as the diameter of the fuel pump nozzel for petrol

apstar
I thought the diesel nozzle was a different size to the petrol, as this was to prevent the older folk putting the wrong type of fuel in their car.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #55
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I thought the diesel nozzle was a different size to the petrol, as this was to prevent the older folk putting the wrong type of fuel in their car.
yeh I know,what I'm saying its the same principal and I did say the same size nozzle as the petrol nozzle even if one goes to Bunnings and look for a aluminum pipe the same size

apstar
Old 04-07-2008, 06:31 AM   #56
Zippy7

Quote:
goes to Bunnings and look for a aluminum pipe
Hmm - already sounds like too much effort for me

I usually fill up at just under half a tank.
If I ran out of fuel, I would call NRMA/Roadside assist - I think they are supposed to help you out (my old Audi's roadside covered "out of fuel' situations, but I never tried them out on it)
Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #57
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I found out that Ford doesn't include the road side assist with the imported cars, you have to pay for it. It's cheaper than the RACV road side assistance, but it still cost me $260+ for three years.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #58
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I found out that Ford doesn't include the road side assist with the imported cars, you have to pay for it. It's cheaper than the RACV road side assistance, but it still cost me $260+ for three years.
Yep, I found that out when I got mine as well, bit ordinary really don't they have any confidence in the car?

Anyhow we got the 3000km service this morning, we now have a front passenger door trim, the centre tray of the console and some front window washer piping on order.

Hopefully the parts are in Melbourne and it we wont be waiting for ages for them.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #59
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hmm - already sounds like too much effort for me

I usually fill up at just under half a tank.
If I ran out of fuel, I would call NRMA/Roadside assist - I think they are supposed to help you out (my old Audi's roadside covered "out of fuel' situations, but I never tried them out on it)

lol a NRMA serviceman will flip when he sees the capless fueling system let alone fill it up,oh and changing the wheel could be a problem if the locking socket is lost ;)

apstar
Old 04-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #60
Zippy7

Quote:
Yep, I found that out when I got mine as well, bit ordinary really don't they have any confidence in the car?
I think it is pathetic that they don't offer anything for the Mondeo. It actually caught me by surprise, as I had assumed that it came with it. NRMA costs <$90 per year for the "classic" package, 5% discount for 3 year renewal, 10% discount for a 5 year renewal.

However, you could think about it from the lighter side... Ford are only giving the free roadside to the cars that they think would *need* it ?