Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:46 PM   #1
howey

Default multiple quotes

how do you use more than 1 quote in a single post?
Also, can I edit someone's post when I quote it? i.e. use 1 or 2 lines rather than their whole post

If you live in usa check this website: Cvs weekly ad.
howey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #2
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by howey
Also, can I edit someone's post when I quote it? i.e. use 1 or 2 lines rather than their whole post
1. Copy second section ( quote ) , paste to your post and use the quote option in your tools to wrap the quote option around your post.
Quote:
it is the one on the end to the right side.
repeat as many times as you like.

2. Yes you can edit the lines by high lighting and deleting them down to the size you want.

Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 03:08 AM   #3
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by howey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
1. Copy second section ( quote ) , paste to your post and use the quote option in your tools to wrap the quote option around your post.

2. Yes you can edit the lines by high lighting and deleting them down to the size you want.

Pete
if you use Firefox press the "Quote" button at the bottom of the posts you want to quote with the middle mouse wheel, that will open them up in multiple tabs, then copy and paste them in your reply
You can do the same with a right click in IE if you open them up im multiple windows

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 02:09 PM   #4
1TUFEA
MONTY is Alive !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
if you use Firefox press the "Quote" button at the bottom of the posts you want to quote with the middle mouse wheel, that will open them up in multiple tabs, then copy and paste them in your reply
You can do the same with a right click in IE if you open them up im multiple windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC

Pete
hmm im going to try this

1988 Ford Fairmont EA Series 1

MODS: Hurricane Extractors, Red dash light, Fake Xenon Lights, Mpfi Conversion, Dumpage, 17" ANZ Mayhems (Chrome)

TO COME: 5 speed trans, 4.11 LSD, Carputer, Stage 2 cam, Major Head Work . :
1TUFEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 02:10 PM   #5
1TUFEA
MONTY is Alive !

well there you go i got it thanks guys i have been wondering how to do that for ages !

1988 Ford Fairmont EA Series 1

MODS: Hurricane Extractors, Red dash light, Fake Xenon Lights, Mpfi Conversion, Dumpage, 17" ANZ Mayhems (Chrome)

TO COME: 5 speed trans, 4.11 LSD, Carputer, Stage 2 cam, Major Head Work . :
1TUFEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Default Re: multiple quotes

And, many years later, I was about to ask the same question, but thanks to the search function found this, so hopefully I now know how
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

And since this thread was created all those years ago, we have a new function called multi quote. You hit the multi quote button for every quote you want to add to your post and then on the last post you want to answer you hit the quote button.

Cheers
Col

Last edited by Geez Louise; 09-07-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added more information
Geez Louise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFEA View Post
well there you go i got it thanks guys i have been wondering how to do that for ages !

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS
And, many years later, I was about to ask the same question, but thanks to the search function found this, so hopefully I now know how
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
And since this thread was created all those years ago, we have a new function called multi quote. You hit the multi quote button for every quote you want to add to your post and then on the last post you want to answer you hit the quote button.

Cheers
Col
OH! So that's how that works

Thanks Col

Up till now I'd been using the more manual method.
This user likes this post: