Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 01:38 AM   #61
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: When buying a car who decides "if you did any good"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
Please explain this more Hulk exactly what you mean, because the way I read it is that you are having a little snide dig at us AU owner’s once again and not being very respectful in doing so.

All you mentioned is that a windsor V8 powered AU Falcon (which could mean a T3 250kw) and a LS1 VTII (which could mean a VT executive 220kw) and your implying that a LS1 would hose it I assume as that is what you refer to going by your past history in these matter’s ?, this is also backed up by you also mentioning the miami and HSV ?.

Little do you know that in the Tickford era the AU had it all over the Commodore in the driving characteristic’s and on the bend’s which is very widely published in many reviews and magazines which you so call like to base your opinions and fact’s on.
He clearly stated "for the same price". So unless you think a new T3 cost the same as an executive then once again your just causing trouble by twisting words and making of it what you will!
I understood what he meant.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:40 AM   #62
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
With the new FG X, I was looking at the G6E and the XR8. I liked the look of the G6E, but that V8 - phwaaaaaawr! But my wife told me that I was not going to buy another old man car (I've owned several Ghias and an LTD in my time).

I have probably offered 20+ times to back out of it, but she is insisting I get the car. I see multiple people here saying they want something and stuff the missus, but for me it is the other way around. I know I'm a lucky boy!
That's because your not a bogan an obviously respect your wife....as it should be!
This user likes this post:
Old 11-02-2015, 01:45 AM   #63
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezteve View Post
Not everyone buys a car based on 0-100 or 400mtr times.
Of course they don't but if you buy an Aussie muscle car because it has a prettier interior then the other car....prepared to get flamed by others over your choice. EVEN if you actually have a really good use for the item that sold you the car.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:55 AM   #64
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan View Post
good idea, post 43 should have had the same attention.
He was ASKED to clarify a point asked. Maybe you should have included post 33...38. 46 in your assessment of off topic dribble that's actually started because galaxy xr8 didn't read the post correctly and took offense because he wanted to. The post CLEARLY sighted COST as the factor.....not galaxyxr8s invitation to run this thread off course with off topic dig after dig.....backed up by a mod who famously dislikes the OP. Perhaps the mantra..."takes Two to tango" applies here.

I think it's an ok topic, ruined once again by guys dying to have a dig at someone even when not deserved(while sometimes it is)
Old 11-02-2015, 02:01 AM   #65
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
To who - blokes like you?

You come pay my rego, chip in for the purchase price of whatever I buy and then I'll give a stuff. Until then, I suggest you get a box of rubber gloves and store your opinion in a warm, dark place that follows you around.
Have you ever had a Holden mate or a chick question why you bought a ford or a muscle car/fuel guzzler?

Some of you guys simply fail to see a topic for what it is. JUST stay on topic without your non moderated off topic offensive digs! Amazing......
Old 11-02-2015, 02:07 AM   #66
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner View Post
Ah Hulk, I bought a VE E3 over what was available from Ford at the time, but I don't have to explain it to anyone. It's my car, and I drive it every day, and if I'm happy with it, the opinions of others is irrelevant.

I could liken it to my marriage - my wife's family thought she could do better (I had long hair, rode bikes, did weightlifting), and presumed our relationship would fail. Well that was 23 years ago, and we don't give a stuff what anyone else thinks. I don't care who decides "if we did any good"!
I bet there's a thousand guys on this ford forum that would willingly tell you why u should have bought the equivalent ford. You don't have to care what others think....most don't......but often, as the thread suggest.....there's always people who will question or even tell you u could have done better by buying "said" car.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #67
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post

Some of you guys simply fail to see a topic for what it is. JUST stay on topic without your non moderated off topic offensive digs! Amazing......

Some fail to see how constant loaded threads with sly digs offending the choice of others will always receive the same responses.
Closed Thread