Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #31
billo

feel ya pain..
wat time was it stolen and wat time was it found?
weird that they just burnt it
usually they joyride,remove wats of value , then burn
death to fire and cars
take care
bil
16" rims(gay 1s)
..this is my 1st ever ford.plans to style a wee bit...
Old 03-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #32
gocruzin
Ford tragic

Condolences cheif, this remids me of a scene in two hands where pando cathes up with the guy who stole his coupe, then it cuts to a scene of said car theif sinking underwater with an engine block chained to his ankles still alive.

A fate i'd like to see all theives endure.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #33
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Sorry for the loss, but just a warning, be prepared to cop a hard time from the insurance company, they see this thing happen all the time and a lot of the time it is by the cars owner trying to make a claim. because of this they will normally give an owner the 3rd degree about every little fact and how it occured and how it happened with out keys etc etc.

Hopefully this does not happen to you.

had it happen to a guy I knew years ago, turned out he did organise a guy to steal his car and destroy it like yours, the owner had a good aliby etc and they eventually found him out.
He lost his job as he worked in finance, he could not get any insurance for anything else at the time (not sure if that is still the case) he got charged by the cops, he had to pay the finance company and he had no car left.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 03-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #34
g220ba
FGX XR8

That's got to be the worst feeling mate. The sort of people that purportrate this sort of crime don't deserve to be a part of our society. To take someones pride and joy and destroy for fun doesn't sit well with me or i'm sure other members of this forum/community.

Look to the future mate and if you go down the finance route for your next car make sure you purchase the gap insurance, as you now know anything can happen. Good luck mate.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #35
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Sorry for the loss, but just a warning, be prepared to cop a hard time from the insurance company, they see this thing happen all the time and a lot of the time it is by the cars owner trying to make a claim. because of this they will normally give an owner the 3rd degree about every little fact and how it occured and how it happened with out keys etc etc.

Hopefully this does not happen to you.

had it happen to a guy I knew years ago, turned out he did organise a guy to steal his car and destroy it like yours, the owner had a good aliby etc and they eventually found him out.
He lost his job as he worked in finance, he could not get any insurance for anything else at the time (not sure if that is still the case) he got charged by the cops, he had to pay the finance company and he had no car left.
yeah, i copped a bit of grief from them today, but like i told them, they probably did do a bit of joyriding in it, i parked the car at 8.30 and it was discovered around 1.am. so anytime between there they could have done so. i dont know what was taken, as everything that was left was burned to a crisp. there was money, a watch, shoes, clothes...etc etc. but insurance mob already asked if i have the key-yes, i do. so they started asking me questions etc etc about what i was up to and all that. after they where satisfied, they let me know that in two weeks, eveyrthing should be fine for the payout.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #36
XRSEX
More money would be great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
my biggest investment

Sorry to hear mate, I really am, but after my car being on fire, I have realised cars are not investments.

House is an investment, shares are, but cars generally are not.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #37
Falcman0o7
Banned

I Hope These ************ Get Ran Over By A Falcon And Crushed Beyond Reconition!!!! I Hate The ************!!!! They Are Nothing But Absolute Scum Bags With No Respect At All.

Sorry Mate I Hope This Turn Out Ok For You.

Rot In Hell You Car Thieve ************!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #38
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

That's a most angering thing to have happened to you.

Here's hoping things go better for you in the near future.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #39
351clevocorty

Quote:
i checked, there is no gap cover unfortunatly.

all up ill be around 3.5k in the red, but without bills to maintain the car i guess it won't take long to pay down. im just so upset that i lost my car...
Yes it's unfortunate that it looks like you were only covered for market value, Sometimes the extra $$$ for agreed value can be worth it when something like this happens.

Anyways champ look at this as only a slight bump in your life, Maybe with the payout you could go to a bank and refinance with a personal loan which would include 3.5k you owe and you might be in another FORD before you know it.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #40
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
yeah, i copped a bit of grief from them today, but like i told them, they probably did do a bit of joyriding in it, i parked the car at 8.30 and it was discovered around 1.am. so anytime between there they could have done so. i dont know what was taken, as everything that was left was burned to a crisp. there was money, a watch, shoes, clothes...etc etc. but insurance mob already asked if i have the key-yes, i do. so they started asking me questions etc etc about what i was up to and all that. after they where satisfied, they let me know that in two weeks, eveyrthing should be fine for the payout.
Good to hear bud
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 03-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #41
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats ********** mate :(

On the plus side, you have insurance, and you have closure....

I still don't know what happend to my dirtbike :(

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 03-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #42
vik351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001
Very sad mate, it angers me that the law is harsher for going 7km over the speed limit than on the thieving $%^#'s that did this! I bet nothing was followed up. Hope you get on top of things again soon. Did they get hold of the keys, are Ba's easy to steal?

Edit: we must have posted at the same time!
Hear hear...!!! stinkin dooo goooda poooftas that let these horse thieves not swing by the noose...

Bring back hangin...FFS,steal a car,you hang... Not while on youre 58th offence for car steelin and on bail, you get a slap on the wrist with a wet lettuce...

I feels for ya mate

I will even make ya one of these...
: : :

Pick ya up in one of the XY's

351 Clevo powered...

vik...As long as your not a Hhommo ... : : :
Old 03-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #43
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

thanks for the kind words guys, its all going to work out(eventually) but for now im in a financial s*****storm and there no end in sight till much further in the year. so, for now, i think im going to go and get lashed. alcohol will be the only thing consoling me tonight! thanks again, everyone.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #44
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear about the car mate. Thats gotta hurt and i can imagine your anger too.

I truely dont understand the mentality of thieves!
To steal it then set it on fire just for kicks?
What the frig is wrong with this morons?

I too would assume a BA would be difficult to steal too.
Considering no keys were used how did they get past the smart lock/ key?
Your not supposed to be able to start it without a key.

If there is a way to bypass the system then everyone needs to know and Ford should maybe be asked about it?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 03-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #45
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Sorry to hear that dude. Seeing your car in that state is awful.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 03-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #46
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle myth
To look at it differently, you're still standing upright, you're well, and can replace that pride and joy with a new one.
What he said.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #47
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Oh My God Naish!! :( :( .. I am SO SORRY mann!!! :'( . I cannot believe that there are actually these types of LOWLIFES around!! I am SO F* ANGRY MAN!! I loved your car bro! And I know she was your baby!!! :'( :'( ... I'll text you man, cause can't say what I want over the forums. ... Don't Worry Man
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 03-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #48
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

F***in lowlives, scum of the earth. I would not regret hurting people who do this.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 03-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #49
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

I am so sorry to here what happened to your car, I just hope something good will happen for you around the corner.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #50
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a very very sad state of affairs for you. It would be much like losing a loved one, but life goes on. Do the best you can with what you got and continue this journey called life.... there will be much sader days to come for all of us eventually, but one would hope these theives would envetually get the worst of it.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #51
Wally
XP Coupe

Often wonder if thieves put as much effort into a legitimate job as they do working at being criminals, they might do pretty well.

I know how you feel Iggypoppin', that car was an expression of you, like a painting is to and artist. Drink won't get you out of the doldrums though.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #52
vik351
Banned

Drink won't get you out of the doldrums though.

But it will help tonight...

I would wanna kill...!!!

First car theft,you got hung till dead...

vik...wonder how many thefts there would be after that...???
Old 03-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #53
mick fab

Thought for the day. bring back capital punishment !
Old 03-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #54
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Sorry for you.. At times like this it would be nice not to have a swear filter...
You'll come back stronger and better for it...
Which you cannot say to the jealous knuckle draggers that stole it...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
Old 03-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #55
robert65
BA Fairmont 5.4lt

what scum, hope they get what's coming to them, these people do not respect or understand how much we put into our cars or maybe they just do not care bastards.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #56
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

how did they steal it? di they steal the keys from your mates house or what?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #57
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocruzin
Condolences cheif, this remids me of a scene in two hands where pando cathes up with the guy who stole his coupe, then it cuts to a scene of said car theif sinking underwater with an engine block chained to his ankles still alive.

A fate i'd like to see all theives endure.
I can't remember that scene out of two hands.... was there more than one version??
Old 03-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #58
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Mate, nothing is going to make things better in the short term, hope things start to look up for you bloke.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #59
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow mate that really does suck, how the ******** did they get past smartlock?
lets hope you get some unexpected good luck in the next few weeks man
Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #60
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

well, i didnt drink too hard tonight, despite the temptation to do so. just not feeling it. i instead worked out the financial side of things...im going to be approx 4200 dollars in the red, which will take me around 4 months to pay down entirely....not too bad i guess but then i'd rather have a car.

there is a slight problem i may have had with my car, and that is that the rear door did not lock at all. easy access+ ability to start and your away. but according to the insurer i am still covered so its ok.

i am going to retire to bed and movies and hopefully ill wake up to find this was a nightmare..worst luck..
Game. Reinvented.

Closed Thread