Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-02-2015, 01:16 PM   #1
petergrigg

Default New car Warranty

I've got a Falcon XR6 Turbo FG. First of all it's a great car, a virtual rocket ship, I'm sure that there is no car in the world that can match it's performance for the dollar spent.
The reason for my thread is that I've had axle tramp problems since the day I bought it, it's a design fault they all do it. Anyway ford have refused to fix it, telling me that the problem can't be fixed using Ford parts but can be fixed using FPV parts. It also has a diff whine at 105 kph.
I mean it's a beautiful car to drive ,when it's in the sweet spot it will out accelerate anything it's fun to drive but Ford do nothing to promote their product and there is no after sales service. No wonder they are losing money. I've just been to my local dealership , Titan Ford, inquiring about a new FG X Turbo and I could not believe how little the salesman knew about new model, I knew more than he did.
I'm afraid Ford are a dying product, RIP.
petergrigg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
Sioso
irregular member

Default Re: New car Warranty

Never had axle tramp in my FG XR6T sedan and I haven't experienced it in my FG2 XR6T ute.
Might be best to look for an aftermarket solution anyway, fix it right the first time and avoid (frustrating) return trips to the dealer.
FGX is also mechanically the same as the FG.
And yes, after sales service has never been a strong point but then it isn't for a lot of manufacturers.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2015, 04:00 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New car Warranty

Would traction control be look after axlel hop/wheelspin ???
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post