Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-08-2018, 10:47 PM   #1
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default storage

hi

is there anywhere in copper coast that you can store cars that allows you to work on them thats decent prices and whats rough prices.

there are storage sheds bt wether you could work on cars is the next thing

havent got a block yet and itll probably be years away

asking as want another project ed to do up and use for weekends and show car and while it doesnt have to happen now just thinking of ideas to keep in mind.

did have a ed but that came to a stop as the daily driver was always needing something then had to sell the ed and think that it is probably better to get another ed and start again sometime.

thanks
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: storage

I recently saw a website for a DIY garage in WA. Opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, and they offer free storage over night if your work isn't finished at closing time.
Their rate is $22/hour, so it will cost $264 to fix your car there a full day. It includes free heavy tools such as hoist and engine lifter, gearbox jack, compressed air.

In other words it is quite costly to be at a DIY place if you do it every weekend.

In the past when I lived in a CBD townhouse, I went for a drive in rural areas around, and I knocked on doors at places where the owners already had multiple cars in parts around their houses, so after about 5 attempts I was lucky and met a nice guy that was willing to keep a couple of my cars for monthly cash payments. I had some cars there for some years. I had a WRX STi wreck there for a while and it got broken into and stripped by some idiot, the ECU missing, instrument cluster forced out, headlights forced out, but most of the time it went well.

After that I purchased a shipping container and had my projects stored inside that.

The problem is security, and it could also be a problem for the property owner if a place starts looking like a 'wrecking yard' or 'repair business'.

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2018, 02:17 PM   #3
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Copper Coast... south East South Oz??

or where
Old 07-08-2018, 03:15 PM   #4
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably Ireland...
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2018, 03:24 PM   #5
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
Copper Coast... south East South Oz??

or where
Yep, the only one I've ever heard of is on the Yorke Peninsula. You're a local, you should know that
Old 07-08-2018, 03:44 PM   #6
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Yep, the only one I've ever heard of is on the Yorke Peninsula. You're a local, you should know that
Exmouth could qualify.

Lotsa plods.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-08-2018, 07:10 PM   #7
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
yikes ...seniors moment forgot it was there, I was thinking of Limestone Coast down Ga,bier way... silly old sausage I am