Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Closed Thread

Old 20-04-2009, 01:08 AM   #31
03XR6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Congrats so close you can taste it, what was the 60 foot and mid track mph?
60' was 1.67 & half track speed was 100mph mate.
Found out the cat was blocked when we got it home & used the heat gun. Replaced it with a new 5" SMB unit ready for next Wednesday!
Old 20-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #32
Adrian 6T
FPV BLOWN GS

Wow 11.01 with a blocked cat. Cant wait to see how it goes with the new cat in.

Bring on the 10's Dean.

Dec 2011 FGII FPV GS SOLD
'08 BFII F6 Tornado 11.22 @ 125.3mph SOLD
Old 20-04-2009, 01:16 AM   #33
03XR6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Did you go to the private turbo day today Dean? They are a great way to get the car on the track when you are going sub 11 and dont want to fit loops, 4 point cage and harness............... for the occasional punter like me who does not want to ruin the carpet and floorpan.

It would be good to see how much better your car goes now that the Catalyitic converter has been removed and the car retuned to take advantage of the extra exhaust flow.

Is Brett full time at Monsta Torque now? I thought he would be just doing a bit of part time work considering how full his days must be holding down his 8-5 job around the corner.

Daniel
No cat? Come down Wednesday & check under the car if you wish...
The only drag day on today was the Hi Tech Titles & i was there as a matter of fact. I was in the stands taking photo's as i had a few mates racing.
Yea Brett's still at WT as you know. Rob's also still working his 9-5 so this result is all the more impressive, huh? Two 'backyard' tuners who do this type of work in their R&R time are about to snag the record for quickest F6 in WA, possibly AUS & it is still unopened plus it utilises the factory turbocharger :
I'm glad to see you're so interested in Monsta Torque & it's business. Means they are being noticed for their great work, even by their competitor workshops & said workshops customers!

Last edited by Perana XR8; 20-04-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 20-04-2009, 01:17 AM   #34
03XR6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian 6T
Wow 11.01 with a blocked cat. Cant wait to see how it goes with the new cat in.

Bring on the 10's Dean.
Thanks champ
All in good time...
Old 20-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #35
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03XR6T
No cat? Come down Wednesday & check under the car if you wish...
The only drag day on today was the Hi Tech Titles & i was there as a matter of fact. I was in the stands taking photo's as i had a few mates racing.
Fair enough, I had been told that your Cat failed on Friday and that Monsta Torque had retuned it on Saturday so that you could go racing again at the private track day. I was expecting you to say you had run a 10 when you posted in here yesterday. I was misinformed I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03XR6T
Yea Brett's still at WT as you know. Rob's also still working his 9-5 so this result is all the more impressive, huh? Two 'backyard' tuners who do this type of work in their R&R time are about to snag the record for quickest F6 in WA, possibly AUS & it is still unopened plus it utilises the factory turbocharger :
I'm glad to see you're so interested in Monsta Torque & it's business. Means they are being noticed for their great work, even by their competitor workshops & said workshops customers
I would expect nothing less, Phil's result in his Bionic Auto was set years ago after about 12-15 passes with what would be considered "second rate" components by todays standards. Your car should be running faster (much) as you have access to more developed parts and you have done a LOT more passes, so it's an expected result............ 10.80's are a long way off, but you seem very keen and determined to get there. More power to you and good on ya.

However I am surprised that you call Monsta Torque "backyard" tuners. These guys must have some idea of what they are doing, and if I was either of them I would not like to be called a backyarder. Just beacuse they are part time does not mean that they dont put a lot of effort into their work.

Daniel

Last edited by Perana XR8; 20-04-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 20-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #36
03XR6T
Banned

Quote:
Fair enough, I had been told that your Cat failed on Friday and that Monsta Torque had retuned it on Saturday so that you could go racing again at the private track day. I was expecting you to say you had run a 10 when you posted in here yesterday. I was misinformed I guess.
My cat did fail, but it was replaced Saturday morning.
Whoever's spinning webs should get their facts straight or even better, stay out of my business. Why the need for everyone to sit around & make up stories like my nanna does in her sewing group? :

Quote:
I would expect nothing less, Phil's result in his Bionic Auto was set years ago after about 12-15 passes with what would be considered "second rate" components by todays standards. Your car should be running faster (much) as you have access to more developed parts and you have done a LOT more passes, so it's an expected result............ 10.80's are a long way off, but you seem very keen and determined to get there. More power to you and good on ya.
Second rate components?
I believe that myself & PW both ran/run Nizpro stage II kits with SMB exhausts... If his is second rate gear then mine must be as well.
I'm sure Simon would love to hear how his gear is second rate on an open forum

Quote:
However I am surprised that you call Monsta Torque "backyard" tuners. These guys must have some idea of what they are doing, and if I was either of them I would not like to be called a backyarder. Just beacuse they are part time does not mean that they dont put a lot of effort into their work.

Daniel
Quit with the games would ya?
You know what i'm referring to... It's a certain few low lifes that call Monsta Torque 'backyard' in order to snag more business for themselves or their tuner. Results speak for themself so there's no harm being done to MT's reputation imo.
Also, customer service goes a long way in any industry. MT has this hands down over any competitor...

Any other opinions not related to my 11.010 run or the other previous runs in this thread, please either take it to pm or waffle on about it in your own thread.

Thanks, Dean.

Last edited by 03XR6T; 20-04-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 20-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #37
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Keep it clean guys or this thread will be closed...
Old 21-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #38
03XR6T
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vigwDcwleQI

For those interested...
Old 21-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #39
WARCHILD
Boo!

Good work Dean!

Can't wait to see a 10.
Silhouette BFII Typhoon R Spec 6 spd Manual Sedan #045/300

Silhouette FGX XR8 6 spd Manual Sedan
Old 21-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #40
03XR6T
Banned

Thanks Justin
Old 22-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #41
Tocchi
Sandtrap Motorsport

wow, thats fast... my parents are looking at modifying their '06 BF F6... but its manual.

so CAT600/03XR6T, is the nizpro stage 2 gear good or bad?

cos even though those cars ran fast times, im not too sure my dad would want "2nd rate components" on his fpv.
is there any decent F6/XR6T kits on the market he can look at?

Sandtrap Motorsport's BF XR6T wagon -- to tow around the Capri ^^^

www.facebook.com/SandtrapMotorsport
Old 22-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #42
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Tocchi, I think you will find that CAT600 wasnt implying that the gear was second rate as such, he was saying that the gear now in comparison is better gear making the older stuff by comparison second rate. I wouldnt say its second rate just not as good as whats on offer now. When we did Phils old BF F6 a couple of years ago it was with Nizpro's original tube and fin coolers with the original factory hot side pipes, Nizpro's old throttle body adaptor ect. I think that at this time, right now, there stuff is the best. When something better comes along, Thats what guy's like myself will use.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 23-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #43
03XR6T
Banned

Throttle body reducers haven't changed have they? If they have, it can't of been a big change as all they are is a cast piece of ally that goes from 3" to 2.5" or whatever size it is with a mount for the MAP sensor.
Better quality now you say Simon? I would have to disagree with that after recieving my stage II kit & being EXTREMELY disappointed. You would know as i'm sure the email that listed everything that a $7k+ kit shouldn't have wrong with it was sent to you along with Simon G??
The China casting quality would be a huge disadvantage in comparison to 'old school' plenums & coolers imo as airflow/direction would be hindered. This is only MY opinion though, in response to yours & Otway's opinions. If the achievement has to be chalked up as using better parts than yourself then so be it... I ran a 10.97 @ 128.5mph last night with full weight, full tank of fuel, lowered suspension, unopened engine, standard turbo, standard diff gears (not 4.10's as per Phil's Bionic F6) and a lazy 1.75 sixty footer due to poor track conditions.

Thanks.
Old 23-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #44
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Throttle body reducers haven't changed have they? If they have, it can't of been a big change as all they are is a cast piece of ally that goes from 3" to 2.5" or whatever size it is with a mount for the MAP sensor.
Incorrect, Obviously with the new BIG BIG options that are now available it couldnt be the same size could it. (Also cast in Australia)

Quote:
Better quality now you say Simon? I would have to disagree with that after recieving my stage II kit & being EXTREMELY disappointed. You would know as i'm sure the email that listed everything that a $7k+ kit shouldn't have wrong with it was sent to you along with Simon G??
Actually Dean i never recieved any email from yourself or Rob to do with the quality of the kit as the kit was bought from Capa and not myself. Had it been bought through me and the correct chanels it would have had any problems rectified straight away.

Quote:
The China casting quality would be a huge disadvantage in comparison to 'old school' plenums & coolers imo as airflow/direction would be hindered. This is only MY opinion though, in response to yours & Otway's opinions. If the achievement has to be chalked up as using better parts than yourself then so be it... I ran a 10.97 @ 128.5mph last night with full weight, full tank of fuel, lowered suspension, unopened engine, standard turbo, standard diff gears (not 4.10's as per Phil's Bionic F6) and a lazy 1.75 sixty footer due to poor track conditions.
Again your incorrect on facts specialy to do with Phils cars but thats ok im used to it. Phils car never had 4.1's it actually had the diff gears out of his old GT after we stuffed the diff. (3.45). To that it also had a dead stock turbo, no actuator nothing, Stock exhaust, stock gear box, The old style cooler, the new one is a definate improvment over the old one. Plenums ect are all still made in Australia. The cooler tanks are cast over sea's, Thats it...

Quote:
The China casting quality would be a huge disadvantage in comparison to 'old school' plenums & coolers imo as airflow/direction would be hindered. This is only MY opinion though,
Speaking of flow, I flow tested the new coolers over the old, There was no comparison so incorrect again.

Its always great seeing cars running fast with product that I sell and have been for some time now.

The only time I am focused on as far as records go is Marks.

Good effort Rob, Dean and Adrian have done well.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 23-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #45
03XR6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme F6
Incorrect, Obviously with the new BIG BIG options that are now available it couldnt be the same size could it. (Also cast in Australia)
I don't care where it was cast, it's still not upto the standards a kit of this price should be.

Quote:
Actually Dean i never recieved any email from yourself or Rob to do with the quality of the kit as the kit was bought from Capa and not myself. Had it been bought through me and the correct chanels it would have had any problems rectified straight away.
Regardless of where it was purchased from, it still came from Nizpro didn't it? Simon G was made aware of the concerns we had & everything was apparently 'within spec'. How could you rectify problems that the manufacturer wont even admit to being there??
Anyways, everything was sorted in the end as Rob & Brett cleaned everything up by hand. They also drilled all necessary holes & supplied the necessary brackets/bolts etc that weren't sent/drilled when the kit arrived... Seems to be similar to FoMoCo service, No? :

Quote:
Again your incorrect on facts specialy to do with Phils cars but thats ok im used to it. Phils car never had 4.1's it actually had the diff gears out of his old GT after we stuffed the diff. (3.45). To that it also had a dead stock turbo, no actuator nothing, Stock exhaust, stock gear box, The old style cooler, the new one is a definate improvment over the old one. Plenums ect are all still made in Australia. The cooler tanks are cast over sea's, Thats it...
I said it back then & i'll say it now, Phil's car ran a great time. Saying that though, the Nizpro kit is marginally different now, not completely different as has been suggested in other threads.
As for diff gears, stories get out of hand as you well know. I had someone ask me about a ETM manifold & screamer setup that i was running the other day? Some muppet thought it necessary to make up roumors that my car had more mods then it did for some reason??
I simply posted what i had been told about the 4.10's...

Quote:
Speaking of flow, I flow tested the new coolers over the old, There was no comparison so incorrect again.
Obviously they flow better (when they don't have dodgey casting) or else why would Nizpro put them into production?
My casts were disgraceful, hence why i said there would be no performance benifit over the previous cooler.

Quote:
Its always great seeing cars running fast with product that I sell and have been for some time now.

The only time I am focused on as far as records go is Marks.

Good effort Rob, Dean and Adrian have done well.
Cheers.
Old 23-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #46
WARCHILD
Boo!

Well done Dean! You made the 10.

Where to now? I suppose they want you to put a cage in?

Anyways Congrats!

Old 23-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #47
03XR6T
Banned

Yea cage amongst other things mate but it aint happening. It's a street car first & foremost & i don't wanna go crazy on it making it unstreetable...
When's your's going in for a tune?
Old 23-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #48
WARCHILD
Boo!

Not sure yet, hopefully soon...I can't stand stock for too much longer.

Old 23-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #49
territorrie
Was once XR6Turbo81

Well done mate. CREDIT GIVEN WHERE ITS DUE!!
10.97 is a magnificent time and that is a credit to you and your fast car.

WELL DONE
Old 23-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #50
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

No need for 2 threads same subject same car..
Here's a link to the new 10 sec thread.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11257617

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread