Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 05:56 PM   #1321
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Those bloody Poms! Coming over here taking our jobs, rootin' our women, etc, etc.
Yes, yes we are.
This user likes this post:
Old 09-04-2020, 06:59 PM   #1322
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post

Those bloody Poms! Coming over here taking our jobs, rootin' our women, etc, etc.
and i thought they only come here to retire and whinge

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 09-04-2020, 07:10 PM   #1323
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
but his advice to me was keep up my prevention protocol, it will work better than a vaccine

i think i know which one of us is being duped
Old 09-04-2020, 11:05 PM   #1324
Pis-ton broke
Banned

this youtube poster has been posting some interesting vidoes laterly. this is about early covid detection in december. she is now missing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beDmuDDknNI
Old 09-04-2020, 11:37 PM   #1325
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
this youtube poster has been posting some interesting vidoes laterly. this is about early covid detection in december. she is now missing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beDmuDDknNI
Yeah it's called covid19 not covid20, because people knew about it in 2019.
Video sucks though, it said interview when it was just a rant and had no interview.

China sucks how they disappear people, but not many cared about that last year because they were too eager to do business with china or buy from china regardless of their consistantly terrible human rights record.

Everyone's tech is made in china, zf/lemforder moved production to china, most of what bunnings stock is made in china.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:49 PM   #1326
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue sleeper View Post
You're not wrong there. My mother has been battling cancer and a heart condition, I have chronic sinus allergies so it would be hard for me to tell if I actually had it. Yet the beach up the road yesterday was packed with tourists from a much bigger population, they have no ****ing idea how much their leisure can affect the locals.

Because of people like them I could possibly not see my parents for months, hell I could possibly not get to say goodbye to my mother in person because a bunch of people decided they needed a tan or some waves or some instacrap pictures....
So they finally put up concrete barriers to said beaches car parking, but there is plenty of parking on the grass. So we shall see how that works out....

Have: 1JZ Soarer dump pipe, exhaust, coilovers , 17" mags
Old 10-04-2020, 12:30 AM   #1327
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
and i thought they only come here to retire and whinge
John Cleese joke:

How do you know a 747 full of poms have landed at Sydney airport?

The whining continues long after the jets have shut down...
Old 10-04-2020, 06:07 AM   #1328
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
John Cleese joke:

How do you know a 747 full of poms have landed at Sydney airport?

The whining continues long after the jets have shut down...
hadnt heard that one

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 10-04-2020, 08:16 AM   #1329
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Would be the other way round. Missus has had her work cut back a bit already.

My work hasn't changed at all.

https://www.goauto.com.au/news/ford/...-07/82335.html

Face shields developed by Ford Australia begin prototype testing ahead of rollout

7 Apr 2020

By ROBBIE WALLIS

AFTER turning its design and manufacturing expertise to help combat the COVID-19 virus currently gripping the world, Ford Australia has developed the first prototypes of a face shield designed to assist frontline medical personnel.

Developed at Ford’s National Parts Distribution Centre in Broadmeadows, Victoria, the new shields are currently in the testing stage, with prototypes having already been delivered to several local hospitals for user trials.

The design for the face shields were developed in-house by Ford Australia’s design team, while working with a number of suppliers to source the materials.

Ford says it will be able to continue working at full capacity on its regular projects while making the face shields, and still intends to meet all milestones and deadlines originally set before the pandemic took hold.

The masks are not the same as the fabric surgical masks worn tightly around the mouth and nose and secured around the ears, but are rather a splashguard-type visor consisting of a clear plastic screen, foam padding for the forehead and a strap that fits around the head.

Speaking to GoAuto last month, Ford Australia president and CEO Kay Hart said Ford had been in discussion with the government on a range of initiatives that the Blue Oval brand could do to support the fight against COVID-19.

“We have been in contact with the government here and we’re actively working on how we could support them in all of their efforts in potentially a range of different ways,” she said.

“We have an amazing team of engineers, designers, innovators … a great amount of ‘brainpower’ here to support the cause in Australia.

“We could have a role to play from an innovation standpoint, engineering standpoint, manufacturing, assembly, we just have a great deal of skillset here with our Australian-based team, and also access to some great knowledge from around the world and from our point it’s a matter of sharing that knowledge that we’ve been able to get from our colleagues in the US and the UK.”

Ford Australia has also introduced a range of measures over the past week, including offering its 2nd Car program to frontline healthcare workers, who can access a Ford vehicle free of charge for a period of up to four weeks.

It has also revised its protocols for servicing vehicles, by allowing customers to have their car picked up and dropped off by Ford employees instead of going to and from a dealership.

Furthermore, when the car is dropped off following a service, Ford employees will also sanitise the car by disinfecting all touchpoints.

More details on the distribution and creation of the manufactured face masks are expected to come to light in around a week’s time.
Brilliant stuff guys ..
Old 10-04-2020, 08:45 AM   #1330
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So yesterday was our last day of work until a week from Monday with Easter and RDO's .

Our canteen was shut so again we decided to again head into town (about two minutes away) to our bakery at lunch time to get one of Evelyn's scrumptious pasties for lunch . Evelyn is our local Filipino baker...she is amazing and really struggling with downturn of biz as are many other businesses all over Oz no doubt . A lot of us school staff have decided to buy our lunch as much as possible in town .

Anyhow.. Cops all over the place . The local constabulary were out in force and at least two out of towners I saw also as they were parked near the Post Office .. St Marys is a necessary junction that people must pass through to head to the upper East Coast either via St. Marys Pass or Elephant Pass so Tasmania Police were ready for many trying to sneak through to shacks and holiday homes earlier than usual . There was an old bloke in the bakery telling Evelyn that he'd been pulled over about a half hour before . He said they were really nice to deal with.

Another stop spot for traffic was Avoca in our region for the same reasons . The old bloke mentioned the cop said that when they weren't satisfied with an explanation , particularly with vehicles towing trailers , boats etc that look a bit suss it was automatic to turn them around and head them back from where they came . Later in the arvo one of the teachers mentioned she was told the same thing .

Channel 7 News Tasmania last night lead story was Tasmania Police blitz on people trying to get to shacks etc and visits to occupied shacks was 'very likely' by the long arm of the law . I guess it'll be like this everywhere .

So be it .

Last edited by roddy1960; 10-04-2020 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:07 AM   #1331
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was just wondering if someone much cleverer than me (and there's plenty) will do a spoof of this ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r73p95I-eE if in many weeks time we're still in a major travel movement lockdown .

I reckon a dub relating to coronavirus might be quite funny .
Old 10-04-2020, 12:08 PM   #1332
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
I was just wondering if someone much cleverer than me (and there's plenty) will do a spoof of this ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r73p95I-eE if in many weeks time we're still in a major travel movement lockdown .

I reckon a dub relating to coronavirus might be quite funny .
They have started......https://youtu.be/M5azNpTwVk8

Old 10-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #1333
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
They have started......https://youtu.be/M5azNpTwVk8
dam you
i ended up watching ... them
he's done a few and well im impressed and amused

Old 10-04-2020, 12:54 PM   #1334
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Japan to Fund Firms to Shift Production Out of China

Japan has earmarked $2.2 billion of its record economic stimulus package to help its manufacturers shift production out of China as the coronavirus disrupts supply chains between the major trading partners.

The extra budget, compiled to try to offset the devastating effects of the pandemic, includes 220 billion yen ($2 billion) for companies shifting production back to Japan and 23.5 billion yen for those seeking to move production to other countries, according to details of the plan posted online.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-out-of-china

Doesn't surprise me its Japan leading the way because culturally Japan, China and South Korea all have issues with each other in a big way.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 01:14 PM   #1335
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Living at the base of the Dandenongs my home is on elevated land so I can see much of the SE of Melbourne. I have noticed this last week that the air quality is so much cleaner as the buildings in the CBD appear on the horizon almost in HD.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
5 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 01:20 PM   #1336
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its all your fault roKWiz
see what youve lead me too seems Weird Al knew all bout it prier too
https://youtu.be/urglg3WimHA

Old 10-04-2020, 01:40 PM   #1337
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-out-of-china

Doesn't surprise me its Japan leading the way because culturally Japan, China and South Korea all have issues with each other in a big way.
Hopefully this is just the start. All governments need to start doing this, and help punish china like they should be.
5 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 02:17 PM   #1338
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Living at the base of the Dandenongs my home is on elevated land so I can see much of the SE of Melbourne. I have noticed this last week that the air quality is so much cleaner as the buildings in the CBD appear on the horizon almost in HD.
I've been driving around Melbourne's N, SE and NE suburbs the last few days at work and its been great with the light traffic.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:28 PM   #1339
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
its all your fault roKWiz
see what youve lead me too seems Weird Al knew all bout it prier too
https://youtu.be/urglg3WimHA
This is my fav Weird Al. Amish Paradise

https://youtu.be/lOfZLb33uCg

2 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 02:29 PM   #1340
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I've been driving around Melbourne's N, SE and NE suburbs the last few days at work and its been great with the light traffic.
One thing I also noticed (and I thought it was just my imagination, till I heard other callers on talk-back radio saying the same thing)...

People seem to be driving a lot slower and more cautiously on the roads than usual.

Maybe because there is no where to go, the traffic light, and no one is in a rush anymore?

I think a lot of this behaviour has to do with people worried about getting pulled over by the cops, and having to justify where they are going, etc, so drive slow so as not to draw attention to themselves.

Driving in Melbourne at the moment, is like going back in a time warp, to how the roads and traffic used to be some 30 years ago.
5 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 03:11 PM   #1341
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

that reminded me of his take on pretty fly for a white guy
Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
sorry no link
another good unheard parody of his was Party In The CIA

Old 10-04-2020, 03:18 PM   #1342
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
One thing I also noticed (and I thought it was just my imagination, till I heard other callers on talk-back radio saying the same thing)...

People seem to be driving a lot slower and more cautiously on the roads than usual.

Maybe because there is no where to go, the traffic light, and no one is in a rush anymore?

I think a lot of this behaviour has to do with people worried about getting pulled over by the cops, and having to justify where they are going, etc, so drive slow so as not to draw attention to themselves.

Driving in Melbourne at the moment, is like going back in a time warp, to how the roads and traffic used to be some 30 years ago.
There is a huge amount of police on the roads too, I'm seeing them all across Melbourne's freeways and multiple people pulled over.

The industrial areas are still busy though
Old 10-04-2020, 03:42 PM   #1343
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
There is a huge amount of police on the roads too, I'm seeing them all across Melbourne's freeways and multiple people pulled over.

The industrial areas are still busy though
Would be nice to see the Hume Hwy closed to non essential traffic at say Wallan.

Old 10-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #1344
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Victoria Police strikes again - fining someone $1600 for washing their car at 1AM when he was the only person at the place.

Quote:
Coronavirus rules slammed after man was fined $1,652 for washing his car

A Victorian man has slammed rules designed to stem the spread of coronavirus after he was fined more than $1,600 for washing his car.

He said he was the only customer at the carwash in Hoppers Crossing on Thursday morning when police pulled in.

After footage of the altercation was spread on social media, police reviewed and withdrew the fine, a spokesperson told 7NEWS.com.au.

“This incident has been reviewed and the decision has been made to withdraw the infringement notice,” a statement read.

“On occasion, errors will be made however that is why a review process exists to ensure instances such as these are identified and rectified.”
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...s-car-c-969113

Note that they're only reviewing incidents where there is video footage and social media involvement, this shouldn't be happening in the first place - this is EXACTLY why there should be huge backlash against any legislation that infringes on peoples movements, Police are human and open to human nature like the rest of us, of course they'll have a few members start abusing powers they're given.

There is no accountability for what Victoria Police is doing, worst case scenario is that the fine gets reviewed, they should start handing out warnings for ridiculous abuses of these powers, if they want to abuse their powers then suspend them with no pay.

Its easy to get legislation passed but its very difficult to repeal.

If the fine was $100 it probably wouldn't be causing such an issue and people wouldn't contest it so much, they can work with the community or they can continue being power hungry monkeys and then deal with social unrest.

They should keep this in mind next time they go to the media and start whinging about their pay deal.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 10-04-2020 at 04:12 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #1345
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:

Thats actually relevent to an extent. Not the parody, but the original song. Back in the day, so 20 of so years ago, in english class we were asked to analyze that song. And the general consensus was people struggling, turning to theiving and all the desperate stuff. There is no gangstas paridise. If there was, there'd be no crime. No oportunistic people seeing anything, and calling it fair game. I had a car broken into last year. Cash converters would have paid pretty good for the gear taken, but i dont want society to turn into that.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:21 PM   #1346
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
If the fine was $100 it probably wouldn't be causing such an issue and people wouldn't contest it so much, they can work with the community or they can continue being power hungry monkeys and then deal with social unrest.

They should keep this in mind next time they go to the media and start whinging about their pay deal.

My point exactly. If they don't keep the people onside as soon as their backs are turned people will deliberately disobey to spite them.

The messaging has been incredibly unclear, maybe deliberately so.

It took ages to get a ruling up here in qld that motorcyclists can't go for a ride, which is stupid. We are antisocial people at the best of times, no one wants to go near us. I've not heard of a single case of motorcyclist to human transmission...

People aren't allowed to go for a dive in their cars. Again zero chance of transmission.

I'm still trying to find out if we are allowed to buy and sell on gumtree under the "2 people allowed to visit your house" rule or if we'll get pinged $1300 for selling a flipping lawn mower.

But I guess we can't expect more from our politicians and cops, afterall we all know what they are like, and they haven't lifted their game one millimetre for this...
Old 10-04-2020, 04:46 PM   #1347
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
My point exactly. If they don't keep the people onside as soon as their backs are turned people will deliberately disobey to spite them.

The messaging has been incredibly unclear, maybe deliberately so.

It took ages to get a ruling up here in qld that motorcyclists can't go for a ride, which is stupid. We are antisocial people at the best of times, no one wants to go near us. I've not heard of a single case of motorcyclist to human transmission...

People aren't allowed to go for a dive in their cars. Again zero chance of transmission.

I'm still trying to find out if we are allowed to buy and sell on gumtree under the "2 people allowed to visit your house" rule or if we'll get pinged $1300 for selling a flipping lawn mower.

But I guess we can't expect more from our politicians and cops, afterall we all know what they are like, and they haven't lifted their game one millimetre for this...
Hopefully Jesus stays in his tomb so he doesn't get a $1600 fine
2 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #1348
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Never seen that before but geez it is funny.

totally off topic I know but this is my first experience of Weird Al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI ..thanks ..

Last edited by roddy1960; 10-04-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #1349
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Never seen that before but geez it is funny.

totally off topic I know but this is my first experience of Weird Al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI ..thanks ..
good for you Roddy, Enjoy!
Weird Al will keep you entertained for awhile.

Old 10-04-2020, 07:37 PM   #1350
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice to see all the beaches packed in Perth today. Beautiful weather, I took my drone and got some great footage. No sharks to be seen. Tomorrow is going to be even hotter. Let's see if McGowan closes the beaches.
Closed Thread