Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 19-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
floater05
Starter Motor

Default coolant leaking into cabin, 83 meteor

in my dads 83 meteor, theres a fair wack of coolant leaking into the cabin from sumwhere up under the dash.

anyone herd of this before? and what steps should we take to fixing this problem?

cheers floater?

floater05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Under your dash you have a mini radiator that is used to heat the cabin from the coolant in the engine. The coolant will be leaking from that or one of the hoses connecting it all through the fire wall.

The cheap 'fix' is to totally disconnect it, and just loop the hoses within the engine bay so the heater is totally bypassed (no more heater) or loop the pipe, see what is the problem (may just be the hose is shot - cheap fix) and then connect it all up again.

Had the same issue with my 76 Datto.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
dirty hands
Over Thinker

or buy a heater core from a wrecker and try to fit it yourself
or have a radiator repair shop fit the replacement heater for you

i think the dash has to come out
but shop around for a good price
and make sure you get a quote in writting before they start