Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-09-2005, 11:36 PM   #1
BJ
Banned

Default My Hobby.

Just thought i would let you people see what i get up to.

BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 11:38 PM   #2
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Sweet.. Every guy has to have a passion .. or toys..
me , i used to collect matchbox cars lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 11:50 PM   #3
niko
likes falcon's

red things nice, however some black lines would look nice

mine hobby consists of a music orientated one. have great passion for house music and 80's disco lately. and also how it sounds through my home and car stereo ;)

@home, 2 massive towers that contain a 12" sub in each, 5 1/4" drivers and 3/4" tweeters, awesome big sound, and the clarity, *drewl* powered through a sony amp which feeds them 2x150rms, through some gorgeous 10gauge ofc cable

in the box=refer to sig, my aim is not doofffff doooff status, but i want clarity, if your coming on the friday night cruise YOU WILL SEE what i mean

Last edited by niko; 06-09-2005 at 11:56 PM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 02:41 AM   #4
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

thats a cool pair of models you have there, where did you get a 2door mk1 cortina body from?? and what scale is it?

i used to build models, then got in to real cars, but i'm thinking about taking it up again while i save the cash for my clevo build....

i need something to keep me busy lol
Old 07-09-2005, 10:11 AM   #5
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
thats a cool pair of models you have there, where did you get a 2door mk1 cortina body from?? and what scale is it?

i used to build models, then got in to real cars, but i'm thinking about taking it up again while i save the cash for my clevo build....

i need something to keep me busy lol
I scratch built the Cortina out of a battery powered toy. It is 1/16 scale. It has taken me four years on and off to get this far. Nicko It is orange not red.
The coulor is House Of Colour Sunrise orange pearl.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:17 AM   #6
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Nice jobs there John, they look sweet! How many models do you have, and do you keep them all or sell them off?
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:25 AM   #7
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

They are great loking models. Just got into RC myself, it seems to be marginally cheaper than spending money on real cars....
Old 07-09-2005, 10:42 AM   #8
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
Nice jobs there John, they look sweet! How many models do you have, and do you keep them all or sell them off?
I have around 2,000 of the dam things. I also collect rare kits from the 60s and 70s as well so most of them are in storage, and Because i write for so many mags i keep getting more and more of them. Most of the ones i dont keep go to the Royal childrens hospital for the kids. And also because i make models for people as well all of those ones get sold of. It is a hobby that i have never left for over 35 years
Old 07-09-2005, 05:04 PM   #9
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
They are great loking models. Just got into RC myself, it seems to be marginally cheaper than spending money on real cars....
lol i use to be into that. i got out cause it was striping me of my money lol. i loved it at the time, especialy when i won trophies and . i got a team america car TC90 and that owned everyone back in the day cause that was one of the newest and greatest. bits are to expensive and a good crah could cost you up to 100 . i ran into a poll 2 times due to some dick head turning his radio on when i was racing and when that happens you have basicly no control and cause i lost control once.

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 05:29 PM   #10
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

I used to be into modeling as well ! Cars and trucks ! The best model I ever built took me close to 2 years and was a 1/12 scale model of an SAR Kenworth with 2 40' fruehaf trailers and a scratch built dolly! . I started off with a W925 model Kenny and modified the hell out of it ! Cut all the steering and suspention apart and made it all work. the steerin wheel turned when the front wheels were moved. fabricated an air bag suspention for the rear of the prime mover. It had a 6 volt light system all thru it (the battery pack was in the tarped section of the front trailer) and all the head , clearance , tail , cabin and dash lights worked! Scratch built a custom bullbar and had it plasti- chromed. only entered it in one show and won automotive champion of the show . And sold it to a bloke for $2000 on an oak display stand with a perspex cover at the show . I only entered it because the next door neighbour was into war aircraft and went to shows all the time . thought i would have a go . WOW . He once scrath built the cokpit of an F16 fighter jet that had all the guages operated by fiber optics and the terain following radar screen picture actually movedamazing amount of work went into that ! Made my truck look like a first attempt !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #11
eb six on boost
NO CARBON TAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
must be 1 /10th stuff your playing with.
i payed $1,200 for a 25 engine about 5 years ago.
i can get 3 wrecker engines for that price now. lol
cheap at first then the bug bits, like anything really
Atomic performance engine, powerglide, coan converter, gtx55 turbo, 2000hp plazmaman water to air, 100mm throttle body, twin 50mm gates, side exit exhausts, 18 x 2200cc injectors, ems 8860 and race dash.......
7.83 @ 177 MPH

1100+ rwhp @ 40psi

the first 7 second sohc ! eat it

1993 eb falcon 15.4 @ 90mph (tow car)
eb six on boost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #12
BJ
Banned

Heres a 57 it did for a bloke. His wife wanted it for his birthday. Sorry about the dust and the size of the pics.

Old 14-09-2005, 12:00 PM   #13
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

That's mad John!!! Talk about attention to detail. Can I ask how much something like that is worth to buy / order from you?
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 12:05 PM   #14
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Its not dust mate, it looks like you went mad on the paint flakes

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 12:08 PM   #15
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes I love models aswell. Funnily enough everyone Ive built is long gone at the garbage tip. Cheap plastic ones dont stand up well if you happen to step on them. I remember when I was young I completely demolished a model and glued everybit back together. It looked pretty good considering but mum chucked it one day when I wasnt home. When I have enough money and arent living with my destructive brother Ill take it up again.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 12:57 PM   #16
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
That's mad John!!! Talk about attention to detail. Can I ask how much something like that is worth to buy / order from you?
All up, prices start at $500 up depending on what the customer want's. That one cost the lady $650 which also include a diorama for it as well.
Old 14-09-2005, 02:07 PM   #17
big_pete
Sublime

awsome, i love the top one!
ive built a couple of hot rod models, but they always break.
Old 14-09-2005, 08:45 PM   #18
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH7472
Heres a 57 it did for a bloke. His wife wanted it for his birthday. Sorry about the dust and the size of the pics.

You're not the guy from the other thread distraught about having to sell his air filter?!
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 08:57 PM   #19
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I was going to order a 57' from you, but i don't like left hand drive, how much for a conversion ?
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post