Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-12-2023, 02:28 AM   #1
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Default Unmodified vs. Modified Bosch injectors

I see many injectors for sale (1000cc and the like), some of which are modified Bosch units, and it all seems a little confusing.

Brands like Injector Dynamics sell for double the unmodified Bosch counterparts sell for, and while they're supposed to be the best on the market, what actually makes them better?

Companies like Xspurt, Sonic Performance, Deatschworks all sell modified Bosch injectors, but what do they do exactly, when they're modified?

Raceworks, another mob that sells injectors, also has both modified and unmodified injectors for Barra - both of which are said to flow 1000cc at 3bar and around 1100 to 1150cc at 4bar.

Why would someone buy injectors from another company when Bosch Motorsport sell what they, themselves, manufacture?

I don't mind paying more for better, and when the time comes, I'll trust what the tuner likes to use - but it really does intrigue me, why these injectors are modified when they seem to flow no better than what Bosch sells from the factory.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2023, 05:52 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Unmodified vs. Modified Bosch injectors

Could be things like they modify the spray patterns and match a set very closely to each other so there's minimal variation in how much fuel they flow.

I'd be inclined to stick with genuine Bosch Motorsport gear rather than any third party modified injectors.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2023, 07:03 PM   #3
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Unmodified vs. Modified Bosch injectors

I remember when I had the FPV tuned they just drilled out the holes in the spray end to make them bigger and flow more.

Just meant I got to keep a factory fitting injector in the right colour (very important back then, maybe still now) that flowed enough to suit the tune.

How they did it, I don't know... But the job was like $1000 including the SCT unit, thermostat, fitment of parts, tune and dyno time. It couldn't have been an expensive modification.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post