Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-09-2021, 11:04 AM   #391
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Schumacher critical

yer I hear you Fordo - I'd sooner be let go BUT all families are different.
I watched my father in law live a nothing life his last few years, you could tell he just didn't want go he wanted to keep going despite being in a nursing home and his daily existance was relying on careers doing every single thing for him.
I always kept thinking why mate, just let go its a nothing life just breathing and eye vision.
Finally gave up the ghost last April god bless him and some of the family just can't let go to date.

I suspect Corinna feels the same, I bet IF they didn't have the income it would be a different circumstance in the big picture.
I do admire her train of thought he always liked the privacy and she's looking out for that.
Is it an excuse keeping him alive her not accpeting to let go ? who knows.

Whitey - yer some great scenes, why I mentioned Senna originally.
Even Mika, with his mild mannered approach towards him.

Alot of brilliant moments in time, hearing Murray Walker commentry another.
Even see young Herbert.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2021, 11:08 AM   #392
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Was a great watch.

The selfishness of reasons to keep him alive is what pains me the most. Let the poor bloke die. Having been a part of making these decision myself, letting loved ones die with dignity is worth more than holding onto false hope.
I dident watch doco, only got freeview TV at home, but your statement about " the selfishness of reasons to keep him alive " and how it pained you happened in our family when my dad was dieing of cancer, but it was the selfishness of the woman who loved him, my mother that could not let him go, like you I said let the poor man die, but mum couldn't accept that she was losing the only man who had ever touched her, or knew her intimately, it was very sad, but dad allowed it, he loved her as much as she loved him!
These doco's are designed to pull at the watchers " heartstrings " his wife just cannot let go, it's very sad the whole story, but she controls his every moment, she can't do it, love or selfishness she is blinded by it, so sad!

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2021, 06:24 PM   #393
prydey
Rob

I don't know why it bothers some people so much that a person they don't know, and never will know is still 'alive'.

Is it selfish? What right do you or I or anyone have to comment on that situation.

Sure, it's just opinions and we all have a right to share them I guess.

I'm sure his family are happy to have him still here and personally I continue to hope that one day there might be a break through for him and his family.

#keepfightingMS
Old 22-09-2021, 07:46 PM   #394
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guy's
i am the kind of person that like's to know the true facts before i say my two cents worth.
First i heard that Michael Schumacher was in a vegetative state said a neurosurgeon Erich Riederer last year.

I read a few months ago that his former ferrari boss Jean Todt who visits Schumacher a couple times a month said " he was improving".

i dont want to sound Callous or insensitive which i am not towards Schumacher but does anybody really know true facts and how he is really going?
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2021, 08:30 PM   #395
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I don't know why it bothers some people so much that a person they don't know, and never will know is still 'alive'.

Is it selfish? What right do you or I or anyone have to comment on that situation.

Sure, it's just opinions and we all have a right to share them I guess.

I'm sure his family are happy to have him still here and personally I continue to hope that one day there might be a break through for him and his family.

#keepfightingMS
I guess our human nature for being inquisitive with what is happening in this world of ours is at play here, I don't see the harm with peoples thoughts or opinions concerning Schumacher as his wife or family will never see or hear what is posted here.
Fame comes at a price and unfortunately you lose your privacy with it.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-09-2021, 09:36 PM   #396
slowsnake
Banned

I was never a fan of him at all, and Vettel for that matter, just a couple of drivers who would break every moral and ethical code of conduct to win

I remember Schumacher at Monaco, had the fastest lap time but still a lap left in practice, and he stopped his car across the track to stop anyone bettering his time, which of course guaranteed him pole, cheat!

And Vettel pushing Mark Webber from memory off the track to stop him, think that was Turkey, then when Mark pulled into the pits, Vettel drove in before him!...that was to stop him being at the winning drivers big night out dinner, he failed......I hate cheats...

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2021, 11:16 PM   #397
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didnt appreciate Schumacher until he retired. There has never been as complete a driver as him. Hamilton and Alonso may be quick, but both seem to be a bit fragile mentally when the pressure's on.

I didnt warm to Vettel until post-Red Bull, when he started to relax a bit and show his personality more. He's actually a pretty chill guy and seems very down to earth.

As far as his treatment of Webber, he was playing a psychological game with him, and beat him handsomely in that respect. Webber was never the same after losing to him in 2010.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2023, 02:13 PM   #398
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Today is 10 years since Micheal got a knock to his head which resulted in him being in a vegetative state for the last decade.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-...dent/103239148

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2023, 06:05 PM   #399
xr6turboford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Today is 10 years since Micheal got a knock to his head which resulted in him being in a vegetative state for the last decade.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-...dent/103239148
A tragic accident but what’s more tragic is the lack of information from the family to his fans. Remember without the fans and their $$$ that support the great man he would probably be in a nursing home.
xr6turboford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2023, 07:08 PM   #400
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Unhappy Re: Schumacher critical

Quote function did not work......

His condition must be bad if no news, no sign of improvement and no public appearances.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2023, 07:16 PM   #401
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turboford View Post
Remember without the fans and their $$$ that support the great man he would probably be in a nursing home.
Nett worth is about $600 million…..
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: