Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #151
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: FG Falcon MKII

This forum needs a 'facepalm' emoticon for some of the retarded comments made in this thread.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 15-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #152
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
This forum needs a 'facepalm' emoticon for some of the retarded comments made in this thread.
This user likes this post:
Old 15-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #153
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

If only the fingers were connected to the brain before typing.

Sorry, but some people have no idea.
Old 15-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #154
Rodge
Banned

Tech in the SHO Taurus looks positivly inviting compared to this.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #155
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduce XR6
I did have a link back then to the list of improvements but that was back in 2007 or so however the list was larger than you have said & no the BFII XR6 I had was mine & paid for by my own cash & not a business or company lol

Just as the FG XR6 now & the Territory before that, then the 2 lasers before that etc etc all new all paid for by cash :P
re-read my initial post - the edit area - i've never had a company car either? had a loan once only and paid it out.

if you're referring to the tiny little even comical differences between MK's like screw types, brand of speakers, fabric composition etc then i'm sure the MK2 FG has a hell of a lot which isn't publicised either.

The point as i said a million times is how about people try and be positive about a product rather than calling out whatever they can think of for the purpose of being sheep. We're meant to be the most passionate of all Falcon purchasers, and all a lot of people can do is bag it for no real reason.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #156
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
Throw the vast majority of the development budget at the engine(s).
hmmmm, I for one am not sure that's the optimum development stratagy.
Yet this was the exact complaint made by most during the AU years. Great handling, not enough power.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #157
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WHAT !!! NO G8E !!!!!sob sob...Calais V just got the consideration light...sob sob
Old 15-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #158
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I think Ford has wasted their time with having Petrol, LPG, Diesel and Ecoboost across the range. If you ask me they would have been better off with Petrol, Diesel and a sports wagon!

They kill off 2 models (wagon / LWB) then decide to add an extra 2 engines? They probably would have been better off with having the wagon and diesel and forgetting about LPi / 4 pot. They already have the diesel in Territory, it would have cost bugger all to adapt it to Falcon?

Then theres the issue of no V8 in the Falcon range, but thats been done to death.

Oh well.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #159
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
WHAT !!! NO G8E !!!!!sob sob...Calais V just got the consideration light...sob sob
Doesn't mean its not coming

You may as well go buy yourself 2006 VE Calais V for $22 kay, its the same car as the current one, except it has more power!! LOL!

Why pay 60 kay for a newy when your gonna lose 10 kw!

AFM = Active Fool Management.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 15-09-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #160
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Can you even option LSD on the bog stocker ute?? I thought it was for XR6T only??
Yes, sure can on the base Falcon XL ute. It is a must-have for me and one of the reasons I am getting a Falcon ute.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #161
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Ford continuing without a NA V8 or detuned version of the SC V8, handing all sorts of volume to Holden with a massive free hit, go figure ?
Old 15-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #162
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
Tech in the SHO Taurus looks positivly inviting compared to this.
It should do, the car weighs the same as a Territory.....
Old 15-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #163
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
I mean like this

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 15-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #164
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would expect both the EcoLPI and EcoBoost to cost more than the base I6 (we already know that EcoLPI is 2.5K dearer but there is a government rebate).

I do not like the EcoLPI due to the extra weight (about 70kg), the Falcon is already a heave car with relatively small brakes and making it heavier does not win any hearts … at least Ford could have fitted turbo spec brakes on EcoLPI models to compensate … I do not have issue with GAS fuel itself, but I still think that petrol is simpler as its available everywhere and you never need to think about it …

My main interest in the EcoBoost is the potential that little engine has, compared to the base I6 it will be less powerfull however it should weight about 100KG less which when dropped from the Falcons front should deliver significantly better weight distribution (F to R) and lower overall mass, as a result handling should get a significant boost. The engine itself should be a lot more refined, and hopefully have plenty of tuning potential being a turbocharged engine, cleaner to the environment is a plus too, and cheaper at the pump is a bonus. There will be a new gearbox but only time will tell if it’s gonna be better or worse than the current ZF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
DIMKA...may I ask your reasoning why you would buy Ecoboost over LPi? Do you know which one is going to have a lower RRP?

Im going to assume Ecoboost will be more expense initially, and to run.

I believe the old DLPG had calibration issues with the DSC, to do with ignition control I think..that shouldnt be an issue with LPi I would have thought.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #165
xr8lover

Very nice indeedy!
Old 15-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #166
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
XR6 buyers in both Ute and Sedan can tick the box for a Luxury Pack that includes leather trim, dual-zone climate control, sat-nav with Traffic Message Channel and 19-inch wheels. The sedan pack also includes an eight-speaker premium audio system and reversing camera.
Good move and about time too...

Will we see XR6 + Luxury Pack as a future XR6 Discounted special?
More than likely, lots of people will be waiting eagerly for this....
Old 15-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #167
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Can you even option LSD on the bog stocker ute?? I thought it was for XR6T only??
No you can't - it is available XR upwards not just the turbo

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #168
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just read this in the Drive article:

"Under the bonnet the engines remain unchanged but Ford has confirmed the long-awaited arrival of the EcoBoost four-cylinder turbo engine. Originally scheduled for sometime in 2011 the much-hyped powerplant will hit showrooms early next year."

"Ford hasn't revealed any details about the engine's performance or fuel economy, but it did confirm it will be available on the XT, G6 and G6E sedans."

Ford better make sure the EcoBoost is available as an XR model as well.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #169
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
. There will be a new gearbox but only time will tell if it’s gonna be better or worse than the current ZF.
The new 6R80 is ZF 6-speed auto made under license by Ford USA, I'd expect that all the software runs it
exactly the same as ZF and wouldn't be surprised if Falcon switched to 6R80 as a running change in the future..
Not that anyone would be able to tell the difference....
Old 15-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #170
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
That would mean badging it as XR4, which would be counter productive if Ford are going to leverage sales off the Ecoboost badging as opposed to having it labelled the 4 Cyl Falcon.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #171
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

i like the upper and lower grille treatment on the xr models. the current fg has grown on me but i like this one straight away.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #172
nstg8a

so much needless panty twisting in one thread...

i like the update, admittedly the cgi pics of the g series are a bit average.

providing i continue getting rid of my debts at the current rate im still hoping to be in the market for an ecolpi in the new year. was thinking g6e, but now thinking either xt with some options or xr6 ute.
Old 15-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #173
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

I'm a bit suss on the styling on the lower half of the XR bumper, but it may look better in the flesh.
Having read of the improvements in the models, and how much better the base cars look, I hope they do really well, even moreso when the alternative donks come out next year.

I think the base cars will claw back quite a few sales, and I hope we see taxi's, reps cars, everything with an FG II under it.
It's been too long since the Falcon was everywhere, doing everything for so many different automotive applications in day to day life.
There's the flash G series cars to keep those happy that there car isn't "just a taxi",
and I hope that Falcon gets back into that line of work, because its applications like those that have kept it alive for 56 odd years and in the hearts and minds of us.

Get the FGII Falcon out there Ford, and market it like there's no tomorrow
and give it some heart. the heart that it deserves.

Ed
Old 15-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #174
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

The red XR6 turbo is my pick of the bunch, the new grille seems to work the best on the XR series. New rims look good to, well done Ford.
Old 15-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #175
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

What we have here are a range of vehicles that represent excellent value for money in the current climate with more features and a range of world class technologies.

Let's take a simple check.

The 4.0 in turbo or N/A form is powerful, reasonably economical in a large, heavy car and living proof that engineering prowess can overcome the inherent issues in a (basically) 40 year old design.

The EcoLPi engine is a revelation. Powerful, fuel efficient and it will be cheap to run as well. Finally the technology is now supported by a decent transmission and this should be a consideration on everyone's shopping list.

The EcoBoost 4 is another world class engine combining power and fuel efficiency that (if other market experience is anything to go by) will provide a viable option for a lot of people.

Behind that range of engines is a world class transmission in the ZF 6 speed and safety ratings that were once the domain of only expensive European cars.

All of this wrapped in a package that keeps the old full sized platform alive a bit longer and with most of the things that we have come to accept as creature comforts.

If the heartland can't find anything good to say then I, for one, intend to enjoy this (almost) last gasp of the Falcon platform.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #176
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
What, for the XR6-2?

Honestly though, some of the comments here are downright disgusting. Call yourselves fans? The nit picking is beyond the pale and what's worse is that a lot of the comments are coming from people who will never/have never purchased a new car from Ford.

The amount of judgement based on supposition is pathetic, and the lack of understanding highlights the lack of commercial sense. "Why didn't it get all new sheetmetal? Why did they not give us an extra 20kw? It would have cost nothing to put in a V8, a 20 speed auto" etc etc.
For ford to change anything it has to be certified and proven before it can go on sale, and last time I checked the sales volumes of fords weren't exactly bringing in rivers of cash which would facilitate a massive investment on an update. Facts are, Territory is a new model, FG2 is an upgrade. Deal with it, or buy a fricken Camry and whinge on http://www.camryretard.com.

I won't be trying to retrofit the changes to my G6E-T, I'll be buying a new one and trading in a fairlane in February.

Quote: