Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #91
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: FG Falcon MKII

If someone has a free minute, is it possible to photoshop the FG2 XR without the foggies?
Old 15-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #92
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey
Doubt this will be the case
Based on... ?

Historically, private LPG sales have numbered in the hundreds per year.

Enthusiasts might appreciate the benefit of LPG, but the overwhelming majority of buyers are not enthusiasts. You wont even be able to get them into a showroom to dispel any pre-conceived notions they may have about LPG, let alone be willing to get them to test drive one.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #93
Jesmol

Is it just me, or do the proj headlight bodies look identical to FG ser I XR lights ? if so a retro fit may be on the cards.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #94
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The CGIs of the G series don't do it any justice, I bet it will look better in real life and it looks like it now has LED daytime lights (like the new HSVs) where the fog lights used to be.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #95
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

"hi customer, this falcon has more power, torque and far cheaper running costs than this one over here -->"

"i'm just not interested"

if you say so
This user likes this post:
Old 15-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #96
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

LPI will change the way people look at LPG...

the old DLPG was a waste of time, 4 speed auto, less power etc....

I've driven an LPI and If I hadn't bought an XR6 Turbo it would have been an XR6 LPI, better economy, better resale and better for the environment, who can whinge about that.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #97
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

yeh i will definitely go that way when the time comes, barring any major issues with the technology in the mean time.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #98
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
"hi customer, this falcon has more power, torque and far cheaper running costs than this one over here -->"

"i'm just not interested"

if you say so
That is correct.. I dont care how good Lpi is, I don't want LPG!!! END OF STORY!! I'd take the petrol one as will most private buyers!!
Old 15-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #99
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

That is not the reason why private buyers don't buy LPG
LPG buyers buy second hand cos they're cheapos!
Old 15-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #100
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
"really? is it diesel?"

"it runs on LPG"

"like a taxi?"

"well... yes... but.."

"dont you have anything in diesel? all the good cars are coming out in diesel"

http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/new..._losing_favour

Quote:
Though motorists express anger at rising petrol prices, new cars running on fuel costing half as much are being avoided in huge numbers. For the whole of 2008, only 527 dedicated-LPG cars were sold to private buyers across Australia.

And it's getting worse, not better.
That aside, what the LPG should do is boost fleet numbers. More FGII's in fleets equals greater presence on the roads and more exposure, all of which should hopefully remind buyers the car exists in the first place and to hopefully get people through dealers doors. And once they're in the door, thats where EcoBoost would come in....
Old 15-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #101
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
LPI will change the way people look at LPG...
How, if they're not even looking at a Falcon to begin with?

The popularity of diesels is herd mentality, little else. TCO is still higher than petrol, and yet people are flocking to them.

Dont ask the buying public to make sensible decisions.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #102
EFFalcon
Last warning

yeah, the lack of avilability in upper spec models/aging technology/4 speed auto surely wouldn't have had ANY impact at all...

its all because its LPG.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 15-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #103
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Fords Marketing also has a huuuuge rol to play with LiLPG, but thats perhaps for another thread (and already covered). Attitudes can change, take diesel for example, if there are clear benefits for consumers and they are communicated in a way that makes it attractive then nothing is impossible.

Diesels advantage is its higher mileage for just about the same price (outer suburbs of melb price), therefore cost of running per km is lower.

LPG might use more fuel, but it costs less in the long run. Sure you might have to fill up a couple more times per month, but I believe most would accept that.

Last edited by Polyal; 15-09-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #104
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The only issue I can see with LPi is the fact that you have to take 17 inch alloys... Which is a dissapointment on XR and G6E.

I still stand by it... LPi will really shine in the ute market, less so sedans due to that silly taxi mentality.

This is coming from someone who would have never bought a DLPG car.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #105
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

what new colours will they release. i see the green in the pics which looks great but will there be more?
Old 15-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #106
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why does LPI only come with the 17inch wheels? is the extra weight the issue?

Most "private" LPG owners buy second hand x-fleet cars ... that is because they are mostly only interested in the $$$ saved and that means a new car is too much of a loss for them ... people just don’t go for GAS cause they want quality, people go for GAS cause they want to save money on a car and buying a new car is definitely not a way to save money, hence the lack of private GAS buyers.

While the EcoLPI will attract fleets, and possibly a few enthusiasts sales, it will definitely not change the general Falcon private buyer demographic. EcoBoost has the chance to do that but that will depend on the ultimate implementation Ford Australia will deliver, personally that’s the car I’m counting on otherwise this will be the last Falcon I buy brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
The only issue I can see with LPi is the fact that you have to take 17 inch alloys... Which is a dissapointment on XR and G6E.

I still stand by it... LPi will really shine in the ute market, less so sedans due to that silly taxi mentality.

This is coming from someone who would have never bought a DLPG car.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #107
FacultY

New XR6 looks great guys but if sales dont pick up dont think we will be seeing it for too long http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2011...x-months-26657

edit: doh was already posted 2 days ago

Last edited by FacultY; 15-09-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #108
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
Why does LPI only come with the 17inch wheels? is the extra weight the issue?

Most "private" LPG owners buy second hand x-fleet cars ... that is because they are mostly only interested in the $$$ saved and that means a new car is too much of a loss for them ... people just don’t go for GAS cause they want quality, people go for GAS cause they want to save money on a car and buying a new car is definitely not a way to save money, hence the lack of private GAS buyers.

While the EcoLPI will attract fleets, and possibly a few enthusiasts sales, it will definitely not change the general Falcon private buyer demographic. EcoBoost has the chance to do that but that will depend on the ultimate implementation Ford Australia will deliver, personally that’s the car I’m counting on otherwise this will be the last Falcon I buy brand new.
There was an issue with 17's on the old DLPG cars as they could not fit luxury sports suspension to them and something to do with traction control?
Old 15-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #109
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

DIMKA...may I ask your reasoning why you would buy Ecoboost over LPi? Do you know which one is going to have a lower RRP?

Im going to assume Ecoboost will be more expense initially, and to run.

I believe the old DLPG had calibration issues with the DSC, to do with ignition control I think..that shouldnt be an issue with LPi I would have thought.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #110
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain awesome
what new colours will they release. i see the green in the pics which looks great but will there be more?
No idea, we will know closer to release but id say theres a new blue (looks like shockwave) and that green colour... Could be a new silver / grey too.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #111
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Sweet.

So they did to curtains to shut people up even though its 5 star. Smart move as thats the main thing some media people jumped up and down about.
As you can see they can't shut everyone up. If it's not the airbags it's the power. If it's not the power it's the lack of diesel. Meh.
Old 15-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #112
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When does pricing get released? And when can dealers order?

Set on getting a red MkII Falcon XL ute with 3 seater column shift, EcoLPI, limited slip diff and heavy duty tow pack. Trading in the wife's 12 month old Fiesta which I know I will get bent over on.

Aim to keep the ute at least a decade. Will order without a test drive as I doubt the small dealer in the next town will have any EcoLPI available for a while. I think the utes get 100litre tanks so should have plenty of range as well, pretty confident performance will be fine seeing what I have read.
Old 15-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #113
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

yes i'd rather have the sweet serenading sounds of a diesel tractor than a refined LPG setup, good choice. The comments and excuses people come up with for not buying LPG are hilarious. Let's also forget that my EL V8 gets better economy in PEAK with LPG (ancient mixer setup) than our WP Fiesta ever did, but i'm silly, i should put a Diesel V8 in it instead.

Some people need to think outside their little square.
Old 15-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #114
MAD
Petro-sexual

People like what BMW and AUDI do. They made some good diesels so that's what they like.
Maybe hydrogen will take off soon.
Old 15-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #115
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
"really? is it diesel?"

"it runs on LPG"

"like a taxi?"
as opposed to the rest of the car which is uhhhh?

better not buy a Falcon at all.
Old 15-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #116
krzysiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
That is correct.. I dont care how good Lpi is, I don't want LPG!!! END OF STORY!! I'd take the petrol one as will most private buyers!!
You have no idea, do you? Fortunately, YOU are not the buying public. Just because some people cannot 'think' for themselves doesn't mean that the sales are going to suffer.

For someone who has a brain of their own and knows how to THINK for themselves (read: isn't just trying to conform with some retarded opinion that 'lpg' is inferior) will see the better option.

In the end, it doesn't really matter anyway. You buy what you can, others will buy what THEY want.

Please stop trying to make predictions of how sales will go based on your own opinion of LPG. It only makes you look silly. Educate yourself, please.
Old 15-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #117
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
When does pricing get released? And when can dealers order?

Set on getting a red MkII Falcon XL ute with 3 seater column shift, EcoLPI, limited slip diff and heavy duty tow pack. Trading in the wife's 12 month old Fiesta which I know I will get bent over on.

Aim to keep the ute at least a decade. Will order without a test drive as I doubt the small dealer in the next town will have any EcoLPI available for a while. I think the utes get 100litre tanks so should have plenty of range as well, pretty confident performance will be fine seeing what I have read.
Can you even option LSD on the bog stocker ute?? I thought it was for XR6T only??

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 15-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #118
krzysiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
How, if they're not even looking at a Falcon to begin with?

The popularity of diesels is herd mentality, little else. TCO is still higher than petrol, and yet people are flocking to them.

Dont ask the buying public to make sensible decisions.
This is assuming people are already looking at the Falcon. It will change peoples viewpoints, no doubt. Not all, but some definitely. Like has been said above, more power, more torque, big range and cheaper to run.

You'd have to be flat our retarded to deny that car based only on 'LPG'. If there is some other reason, perhaps it is justifiable. But if the reason is "omg itzz LPG" then I would be glad to have that particular person go and buy a Petrol. Maybe sometime I'll run into them on the street and give them a flogging and leave the "LPi" badge in their face haha.
Old 15-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #119
Rodge
Banned

Three and a half years and we get:-
G series that certainly looks less balanced in the front, G series 1 is much better looking
Gaping lower cooling area for XR series that looks well, just plain unbalanced and ugly
No improvement to the so called premium 150 watt stereo system
No horsepower increase to turbo models ?
No Ford sync, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control
Basically the same shape.

Really I'm quite underwhelmed.
Old 15-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #120
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
Three and a half years and we get:-
G series that certainly looks less balanced in the front, G series 1 is much better looking
Gaping lower cooling area for XR series that looks well, just plain unbalanced and ugly
No improvement to the so called premium 150 watt stereo system
No horsepower increase to turbo models ?
No Ford sync, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control
Basically the same shape.

Really I'm quite underwhelmed.
show me a MK2 in recent times that has made major improvements? I'll give you the turbo power increase, but who needs more as a stock level. Easy enough to change, drastically.
Closed Thread