Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Bowdens own in Courier Mail cars guide

Just read an article in the Courier Mail about the Bowdens collection, good read.
Clicky

- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

I was there at the last Open day. It would have to be one of the greatest motoring experiences of my life I reckon. I stayed with a friend who is a volunteer for the Bowdens when they have events which meant we were up at 4:30am the morning of the open day and at car-topia at 7 in the morning. the next thing i knew i was being put to work with the detail spray cleaning cars i never dreamed i would even touch let alone have to clean. the Pete Geoghegan Super Falcon, The Norm Beechey Monaro, The Greens Tuf Mustang and the GT-HO that Allan Moffat single handedly took to victory at bathurst. It was unbeleiveable. next up was cleaning both the EB GT & EL GT prototypes that they own. Man the EB GT in Black is a mean looking car

From there it was playing Musical Hardtops (my favourite part can you tell?) listening to the bark of the lumpy cam in the Colin Bond Hardtop was awesome especially at 7:30 in the morning. she wasn't runnng perfectly but that was mainly down to a minor ignition issue but boy it still sounded magic. here, listen for yourself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82iARxis294

Then there was the XC Cobra of John Goss

and the Murray Carter car (replica)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DBrvllTHfw

once all was complete i went and took a few shots before all the guests arrived (please forgive the pictures of GM stuff but the Norm Beechey Monaro is sooo awesome in the flesh)

Time for a picture Overload. There is sooo much infomation and history to soak up with these old girls that when i went to work the following Tuesday it had pushed the vital info for threading up one of cinema projectors out of my brain and I had a real struggle rememebering how to thread it up again.

Lets start with this! the Norm Beechey Monaro

The Pete Geoghegan Super Falcon

The Moffstang!! the 69 Allan Moffat Boss 302 Mustang (one of seven built by Lee Dykstra and Kar Kraft)

GT-40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeEUpNx0pVc

One of the 2 shelby mustangs they own

Greens Tuf Mustang

Allan Moffat Race-mobile GT

Norm Beechey Chevy Nova

Kevin Bartlett Camaro

1955 Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing.

The Norm Beechey Lightweight Galaxie (it weighs 3 tonnes )

Tru Blu MkII

The last Falcon raced by Allan Moffat

Hope you liked the pictures.

the highlight of the day was listening to Dick Johnson and John French tell stories of back in the day!!! I even got Theri Autographs for my XE Greens Tuf Project

It was the greatest motoring experience of my Life and I highly recommmend it to anyone!!! Buy their products score yourself a ticket and GO!!!!! Their car cleaning gear is awesome (i use it on my coupe) and you ARE buying australian owned and made!!!!

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
fordAU

Was reading that article in this mornings paper, an excellent read.

Great photos xbrules, thanks for posting.
Moffat in an interview some time back stated that his 69 Mustang was his favourite race car.

The historical value of this collection is priceless.
fordAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Merc 300 SL Gullwing is one of my all time dream cars (alongside the Porsche 356 Speedster). Some fantastics Aussie cars in that collection.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post