Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #31
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
I'm not ready to retire just yet,but can I adopt you?
Nah, 1 dad is more than enuf!

The olds set us up when we were young(er) helping in the deposit for some realestate. Put us through uni, etc. (even though dad has driven the same XF for 17 years).

So, we now all have good jobs etc and things are well. So we always said we would return the favour.

Bout bloody time he retires. I made up his number plates 4 years ago and are still in storage..... (good thing I did... don't need to pay the yearly fee that started a few years ago for) :

Thanx for all your comments.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #32
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

We see a few of those passing through here, grey nomads. The toyota dealer does quite a few tranny rebuilds. It seems they have an issue with the heat up here. A mate at the dealer reckons that a tranny fluid cooler would prevent any heat issues. If your folks are towing, and heading north, a few hundred $$ on a cooler at delivery might be money well spent.
Cheers.

BTW, if per chance your folk are up here (the Alice) and their truck is due for a service, stay away from the toyota dealer. They are useless. You need to see the guys at Country Deisel. They specialize in toyota diesels and are bloody good tradesmen. You wont get your service any cheaper, but your service WILL get done properly.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #33
CrankR
XR6 Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Hmmm thats weird considering the Navara has more power and torque than the hilux. :

It also won ute 4x4 Australia mag's ute of the year last year, acceleration tests had the Hilux take 1.5 seconds longer to over take at highway speeds.

Even the petrol Navara placed higher than the diesel Hilux.
Yeah alot of innitial reveiws put the Navara ahead of the hilux by a bit, but i have read a few long term tests with the Navara that have since changed the minds of the testers.

Also the Navara does push out a small amout of kw's and and more tourque than the Hilux but all from a 2.5L motor. How much extra boost is needed to get those gains? How much stress is put on those motors?
I realise some of you have put some decent k's on your Navara's without problems but will the whole motor last as long in comparison?
I had to ask myself that question so in the end i went for the Hilux. Also for the resale.

Hilux comes on boost at about 1000rpm so it doesn't lag as much from what i'm told. A good chip will pick up the power a fair bit as well and help a lot with towing.

Heath.
Custom Tune, Underdrives, Paccie #4490's with 2 1/2 Magnaflow
CrankR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #34
pb02
inconceivable!

I spent ages going through all the models and working out what to get. Honestly, all of them are pretty good, it really gets down to what your individual needs are and what takes your fancy. All of them are made in Thailand anyway..

I ended up with a Triton GLX-R DiD. My reasons are as follows.
Interior was the best by a mile, feels like I'm in a car and not a work ute. Factory diff lock is great fun if you take it off road. PRICING!!! I was able to get a better deal ($42,000 drive away) and it comes with a 5 year warranty, 10 years on the body. I normally get 650-700 kms for about 62 litres.

If you have any questions just let me know. I did three months of research between the Hilux, Navara, Ranger/BT, and Triton.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #35
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ice
Boss at work just got a new one, brought the petrol one over the diesel, reckons it had more grunt to it.
Until you put 2 tonne behind it, the T/Diesel is the way to go imo.