Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-03-2012, 01:59 AM   #1501
PH351
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello all. Thought i'd say hi and not just snoop around.

My names Mick. I currently own an FE LTD and an XE Fairmont wagon.

The FE is pretty standard(and a little rough) apart from front super lows and a bit of a stereo. SL rears will be along soon. I'm thinking that a 4L & 4spd auto would be a nice upgrade. Might even be a V8 of some sort. Will be looking around to see what i can learn.

Thanks for having me,

Mick.
PH351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #1502
Dugst
Starter Motor

G'day I'm Doug a diesel mechanic from Darwin, but want to start tinkering around with the performance side of the world, got a ba xr8 ute and wish to drop a 5L 'coyote' engine in it, not a 100% with everything that will need doing so I'll be throwing a few questions out there people!
Dugst is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #1503
lenr3
Starter Motor

Hi, my name is Len and this is my first post after joining the forum.
My BA Fairmont has developed a braking problems at 90,000 kms and hopefuuly get some advise about my rear right hand wheel getting very hot intermittantly.
My mechanic has looked several times for the problem but the problem is never there when he has a look. Any ideas?

Last edited by lenr3; 31-03-2012 at 11:40 PM.
lenr3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #1504
adrianna
Starter Motor

hi to all,
hope someone can help me I have an Escape 2007 XLT and had the battery disconnected need to get the serial number on the radio but dont know how to take the radio out can anyone help
adrianna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #1505
ford1972
Starter Motor

G'Day everyone,
A newby on the forum names ben and into the fords pretty well.
49000km ed xr8 sprint
matching nos 351 4sp xbgs
The car i want to find out most about is my xc gs panelvan, i looked for 4 years to find and have owned it for 5 yrs it is the only one i have seen. Here are the figures.Engine T matching no's.Trans L 4 spd.Trim G ginger.
paint R Orange.Factory GS with all the GS options, Rally pack (tag is still attached to radiator support)Factory ordered Disk brake 9" .All still there down to the steering wheel. Anyone else know of other T coded XC vans will all the options above(or any vans for that matter) i am starting to believe that the old girl is super rare, any feedback would be great.
Ben
ford1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #1506
ford1972
Starter Motor

G'Day everyone,
A newby on the forum names ben and into the fords pretty well.
49000km ed xr8 sprint
matching nos 351 4sp xbgs
The car i want to find out most about is my xc gs panelvan, i looked for 4 years to find and have owned it for 5 yrs it is the only one i have seen. Here are the figures.Engine T matching no's.Trans L 4 spd.Trim G ginger.
paint R Orange.Factory GS with all the GS options, Rally pack (tag is still attached to radiator support)Factory ordered Disk brake 9" .All still there down to the steering wheel. Anyone else know of other T coded XC vans will all the options above(or any vans for that matter) i am starting to believe that the old girl is super rare, any feedback would be great.
Ben
ford1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #1507
James Newton
Starter Motor

Hi Guys, My names James.
Im new to the forum so i have no idea what im doing haha
Im On my P's as im only 18 and drive a BF XT falcon.

-Btw: how do i start a thread, i have a question i need answered?
James Newton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #1508
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Hi James and welcome.

To start a new thread, go to the area you want to post it in. When you enter the area up the top of it will be a button - New Thread. It is as simple as pressing that, typing your question and posting

Here is a link to the demo that shows you how to do it:

How to create a thread

Cheers
Col
Old 01-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #1509
SpeedyT
Starter Motor

Hey all. My name is Tom, but my friends call me "Speedy". Best not to ask. I am a single dad, and a car enthusiast. I am 35. I live in the southern suburbs of Adelaide. I currently own: 1978 XC ute, 1981 VC Commodore, 1985 Alfa 33, 1978 ZH Fairlane(parts car for the ute). I am planning to get an AU ute as it will be better than the XC as a daily driver. I don't reply much on forums. Just come on to get info and ideas. I have lots of ideas, but little money, so most of my ideas stay as ideas. I work at the Coca-Cola factory in "Equipment Services". Not very exciting, but gives plenty of time to think. And pays the bills. I love going on cruises, but hate morons. I am not the most socialable person around. I prefer the cars, rather than the people. They usually have smarter things to say. Think that will do for now. Oh, by the way, I am new here.
SpeedyT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #1510
Rclinton
Starter Motor

hay every1 i hav a 2010 ford territory on 22s, wen i lowered it on the weekend the back came down to the tyre nd looks gr8 but the front hardely changed? i bought "super low" king springs witch they said would lower it 45 to 55mm? did i do somthing wrong? help please..
Rclinton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #1511
bobby22
Starter Motor

Hello to everyone,

Today I joined this forum, been lurking for a while as a guest, mainly for explanation and to find some answers to a few problems I have with my BA Fairmont.

The main problem is: The A/C blower fan does not power off when the A/C is switched off, the blower fan just keeps running at high speed, even when the ignition is turned off and the key removed. It ones drained my battery and I had to call NRMA Road Service to get me going again.

At first when I bought the car, this problem was highly intermittent and only happened occasionally, but now after about 8 years it is almost hard on.

My Ford service agent said: The fault is in the BA's computer and the computer needs to be replaced, it will cost about $3000 parts and labour to get fixed.

I have bypassed the problem now by adding a switch at the A/C blower fan connector, which I can switch off if the blower fan motor keeps running. This works quite successfully to switch the blower fan off, but does not allow me to reduce the high speed of the blower fan during normal operation.

I've seen that wiring diagrams for the various Ford models can be displayed here on this forum, but guests cannot display it, only members.

This was the main reason I finally joined this forum as a member, maybe I can display the diagrams now and see how it all connects together.

I have owned and driven several Ford cars during the past. The first one was a Ford Taunus 17M in Germany known as "die Badewanne" (the bath tub).

Then a Ford Taunus 12M also in Germany, later a Ford Fairmont sedan and a Ford Falcon station wagon here in Australia, and now my Ford Fairmont BA. Also in 1962 I worked for 3 months as employee at the Ford stamping plant in Geelong as a Toolmaker.

Now I'm glad I joined this forum.

Cheers to all
bobby22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #1512
coolfire04
Starter Motor

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum - been lurking around for a while - researching my first Ford car.

I have just bought a second-hand Territory 05 TX RWD. So far I am very pleased with the Territory.

Have a good day!
coolfire04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #1513
393 te corty
Starter Motor

Hi everyone been watching for a while now and its time to say gday and share in what im doing, so gday.
Im currently building a TE cortina with 393 AOD 4spd auto and 9" diff. been working on it for a while now so heres a few pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my beast again.JPG (32.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg my beast.JPG (39.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg best car alarm.JPG (106.4 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg big brake kit.JPG (87.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg fronts on.JPG (35.0 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg backs on.JPG (31.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (48.7 KB, 68 views)
393 te corty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #1514
tanatiu
Starter Motor

Howdy all
tanatiu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #1515
Gretch
Starter Motor

Hi all. Hubby and I just acquired a XW GT and hope to have it for many years to come. It used to belong to a dear friend who passed away from cancer and has made its way into our garage. To be honest we don't know a great deal about cars so would be interested in hearing from any XW/XY GT enthusiests that can give us tips and tricks for avoiding problems, cheap quality fixes, and reconditioning.
Gretch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #1516
gassed220
Starter Motor

G'day all just joined up to share my passion for the blue oval.
I own a black series 3 au xr8 220 daily driver with 200hp shot of nitrous
on it. I reside in perth and look forward to sharing my passion with you all.
cheers

Last edited by gassed220; 02-04-2012 at 10:01 PM.
gassed220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #1517
XE3934V
Starter Motor

Gday, I dont write much, but do alot of reading, I have a project XE Fairmont in the shed with a scat 393, probe pistons under cast iron 4V closed chambered heads - which are tongued - underneath a matching 3V funnelweb manifold, a predator carby does the mixing, studs top and bottom, main cap girdle fitted - the sump needed modifing for this - C4 tranny fitted to a 4500 street/strip stall, hooked to a - when I get it on the road - fairmont LSD, but not to worry, I have a 9" housing to be slipped in with 4.3 ratio. disks all round.

The engine was balanced so it is able to spin to 7800 - but won't be. ;)

As i have a family and the bank owns my house funds take time to find but it will get finished one day, I have a phase 5 flare kit and wire mags to fit before it goes green.

Bye Frank
XE3934V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #1518
Will_xr8
Starter Motor

Hi there everyone!

My name is Will and own a 2004 BA XR8, sedan, phantom purple, manual, full black leather interior, premium sound, sun roof, pod gauges, growler cold air intake, Herrod spacer, pacemaker headers, twin stainless system, super lows all round, GT spoiler, 19" chrome rims, custom bulge decals.

Driving my Ford is a real passion of mine and so is doing all of the modifications myself.
Will_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #1519
Rhysie
Starter Motor

Exclamation Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi All,
Names Rhys i am 17 year old and am a proud owner of a 2005 MKII XR6 ford everything in it is stock and was in need of some places and rough prices that fit and sell superchargers/turbochargers.
I live in Perth so it sorta can be seen as a little problem, but am wanting to do up my ford so speaking i would like to add;
-Brembo brakes
-New rims
-lowered suspension to a legal limit
and a place that refits a engine hood to make it look an XR8/GT.
i know it would probably be cheaper to buy one but i would feel more accomplished ive i added a personal touch to my very first car

Cheers
Rhysie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #1520
stace650

Question Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi... I'm a life long Blue Oval fan and own two right now.. A Territory that has been the most unreliable car I have owned in 30 years of driving Fords and an XP wagon that I use as my daily driver and is the MOST reliable Ford I have owned. Trouble is, the old XP isn't really great to drive all the time... No A/C, pretty ordinary brakes and, although cool, not the best car in which to do business.

The Terry... Well, it's horrible really. Lovely to drive, practical as hell, but surely built by blind, drunk lunatics on acid. It has had it all. Rust, bad electrics, diff went, engine issues, ball joints, brakes warped all the time, tailgate lock broke, rattles, squeaks, vibrations and broken bits because they are cheap and nasty.

So. Time to get rid. Of both. The wife won't have another Ford after Terry the Terrible. That means she gets some Japanese 4x4 with a lot of seats.

For me... A quandary. I like the look and price of the BA Mk 2 GT. BUT... Will it be as lousy as the Terry? Will it look good, drive nice, but fall to bits? Should I say goodbye to Ford forever and buy something else just to have a comfortable well-made boring car with A/C and decent brakes... Oh, the horror, the horror.

Cheers
Stace
stace650 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #1521
UK Ute
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi there every1 my name is Rich Iam 23 and I live in the UK as you might of guessed.
I have a falcon ute xr8 Tickford 2002 so I thought I would join it looks like a helpful place
UK Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #1522
EL Tinkerer
Mature aged "apprentice"!

Hi All,

My name is Trevor, in my 50's and there have been fords in the family since the 70's! The forums have become very handy in providing some information in recent times while working on the sister's AU so I thought it I would join.

I recently picked up an EL to clean up and tinker with, as the username suggests. It is being used to introduce my teeenage boys to the world of cars (and their troubles). It should keep us busy for a while!
EL Tinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #1523
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome to all the new members. Great to see so many posts from you, all introducing yourselves.

Would be great to see some of you add an avatar (the little pic that shows below your user name)

Here is a little demo that shows you how to add one.

Adding an avatar

Cheers
Col
Old 04-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #1524
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi All. My name is Mark and I have loved my Fords since Dicky drove the hardtop. I also love the early classics but joined to research the Ranger. I will chuck an avatar up just to stir
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #1525
Ron62
Starter Motor

Hi All,
just found this thread for new members. My name is Ron and I am 50 this year and I have just bought my 1st new car, Sillhouette 2012 XR6. I have a post elsewhere about the car. My last car was a 2001 VX SS 283 rwkw , been a Holden man all my life but after going for a drive in the XR6 the VE comes up short in my opinion. I will post up a pic for my avatar when I get a decent photo of it. I am a member of LS1.com.au and I suppose I should put on my flack jacket to take the barrage from them for buying the XR6 but I was offered a deal to good to refuse.
Anyway enough of my ramblings and look forward to participate in your forum.

Cheers,Ron.
Ron62 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #1526
Utilah

G'day all, welcome to everyone else.
I'm fairly new to AFF as well, something about owning an XR6 and being proud of it made me join, haha.
The AU ute I owned before was a load mouthed character.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #1527
LIMITED78
Starter Motor

Hi All,

im not new to fords, but new here!
im here to find my missus her first car. When i asked what she wanted, all i got was "a big car".

So that being said, an XR6 Falcon is on the horizon.

if you guys can think of a different option for her in the falcon family, than by all means let me know. im open to ideas!

Cheers.
LIMITED78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #1528
Utilah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gassed220
G'day all just joined up to share my passion for the blue oval.
I own a black series 3 au xr8 220 daily driver with 200hp shot of nitrous
on it. I reside in perth and look forward to sharing my passion with you all.
cheers

A shot of nitrous on your daily driver!! hahaha, that's nutz!!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #1529
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMITED78
Hi All,

im not new to fords, but new here!
im here to find my missus her first car. When i asked what she wanted, all i got was "a big car".

So that being said, an XR6 Falcon is on the horizon.

if you guys can think of a different option for her in the falcon family, than by all means let me know. im open to ideas!

Cheers.
Going through the same exercise at the moment as the XR6 E-gas ute is nearing 70,000 km, I've discovered that the G6E (with some careful negotiating) can be had for $40k (in EcoLPi form so take off a bit for normal petrol ones) whereas an EcoLPi XR6 is barely $4k cheaper. Makes the G6E stack up really well in the value equation as far as I can see for all the extra kit.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #1530
El Caco
Steve

Hi all, I'm Steve, I drive a AU Fairmont Ghia. I've always been a Mopar man but I tend to own and drive every other make more.

I've always hated AU's, my old boss bought a XR6 brand new when they first came out and it did nothing for me, never liked the styling and it didn't impress me to drive. Coming from the automotive industry I have come to know their many issues so for years AU's have been number 1 on my worst Ford ever made list.

That was until my wife killed the BMW just before xmas. For some crazy reason I bought a V8 AU Fairmont Ghia to replace it and even though it had/has pretty much every issue that these normally have I love it. And I don't know if it is just this one or V8 Ghia's but to me this is one of the nicest cars I have ever driven. I've become a fan.

I just need to sort out all the issues starting with the auto that has crapped itself.
El Caco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post