Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #1
GROOV3
Rollin

Default High Beam , Low Beam

Hi All

Just wondering is it normal that my low beam turns off when high beam is turned on, If i just hold high beam on both stay on but when high beam is fully engaged and clicked in the low beam turns off, which actualy takes away alot of light from the front of the car.

Andrew

GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 09:52 PM   #2
joshf2
striped

thats what mine does

im just wondering, cause both filaments are in the same globe, that if you have both on for extended periods of time, will it overheat the lamp??

cause im sure you can always rewire the bugger
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 10:23 PM   #3
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

thats normal, I think heat may become an issue over long periods, I wouldn't rewire them
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 11:01 PM   #4
GROOV3
Rollin

well its a e design, lately im driving through the hills in the twistys and you want to see ahead but also whats in front of your car as your turning the corner.

hrmm some spotties might be in required, are the fog lights from ford bright or just driving lights ?
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 11:46 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Some cars do this, others don't. I have noticed both Fiesta and Territory do this, however my Mk I Focus leaves the low beams on at the same time. Flashing the lights in Territory and Fista gives you momentary brilliance while you hold the switch, but then goes back to low beam off when you click it properly.

For some background (but not an explanation) check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp
Old 21-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Yeah this gives me the $hi7s too when im going for a ming at night. going to buy foggies soon, having jobs rocks
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #7
0xyg3n

Can't say it bothers me but then i drive with the foggies on all the time hehehe.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 01:31 PM   #8
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Turn the driving lights on when using high beam and it will fill the area that the high beam is not covering. Thats what I do and works a treat.
Old 22-09-2005, 03:04 PM   #9
whippet_zetec
Supes

I would suggest if you are finding it an issue the fog install may be the way to go as they throw a decent amount of light directly infront of your car.