Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 31-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #391
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPGUTE View Post
hi GT can I get prices for FG DUAL ZONE AC mixer rod and mixer flap please?
Hi mate,

$90 for the mixer shaft and $70 for the door the rod goes through + freight if required.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2021, 09:31 PM   #392
LPGUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Hi mate,

$90 for the mixer shaft and $70 for the door the rod goes through + freight if required.
yep, ill grab it. please PM the total and payment details postage to 2142

2001 AUII Factory LPG Manual XL Styleside Box
High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle
Low Fronts, Super Low Leafs

LPGUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2021, 12:17 AM   #393
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Give this:

Quote:
SSM 22268 - FG Falcon MK2 (6 Cyl. Eng. Only) Power Steering Oil Specification.
Please note there is a change in Power Steering Oil Specification for FG Falcon MK2 vehicles 6 Cylinders Engines Only. There has been a misprint in the Service Guide for FG MK2 Vehicles for Power Steering Oil Specification. The correct oil specs are Mercon LV, Ford Part No XT 10 QLVC. There is no change in Power Steering Oil specification for V8 vehicles.
....can you please tell me if both the Mk I and MK II FG's both use O ring seals on high pressure hose to power steering pump connection and if so are they the same part numbers and/or made from the same material? I am wondering if following the incorrect service guide using Valvoline Formula F instead of Castrol Mercon LV to top up my power steering is what caused the leak at this connection on both my FGs. If there are two different O rings I might try some experiments soaking the O rings in both types of ATF. What do these O rings cost?
Old 06-08-2021, 10:28 AM   #394
Ben

The stone guards protector tray under the front bumper am missing mine off my au2 xr8. Are they the same across all seriers au xr's cheers
Old 06-08-2021, 12:18 PM   #395
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Give this:

....can you please tell me if both the Mk I and MK II FG's both use O ring seals on high pressure hose to power steering pump connection and if so are they the same part numbers and/or made from the same material? I am wondering if following the incorrect service guide using Valvoline Formula F instead of Castrol Mercon LV to top up my power steering is what caused the leak at this connection on both my FGs. If there are two different O rings I might try some experiments soaking the O rings in both types of ATF. What do these O rings cost?
Had a look at both FG1 and FG2 systems and I think there might be an error, but not sure as we would need to look at two actual vehicles to compare. Refer to images below. FG1 states it uses quick connector BG3F656A to join high pressure hose to pump. The O ring seal in there is part number 388898S. Now when I look at FG2 neither connector or O ring are listed separately, but not sure if that is the fact. If they are then the 388898S O ring would be the same, worth around $6 each.

How ever the high pressure hose is different between FG1 and FG2 (only talking 6 here). FG1 has two hoses one for NA and one for turbo. FG2 has one totally different hose for all 6 applications. Sorry but I don't know the exact differences are????

FG1 Set Up:

FG1 Power Steering.JPG

FG2 Set Up:

FG2 Power Steering.JPG
This user likes this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 12:24 PM   #396
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
The stone guards protector tray under the front bumper am missing mine off my au2 xr8. Are they the same across all seriers au xr's cheers
Yes the same across all models including non XR, XR, LWB Fairlane/LTD and T Series. Part number ER8B384A.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 04:06 PM   #397
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Hmm; looking at pics on ebay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/28270248...4AAOSwmj5ehfe4 the MKII high pressure lines appear to come fitted with a green O ring per https://www.globaloring.com/oring-colors/ . It seems the only way to get them may be to buy the whole high pressure line. But green O rings are usually Viton and I have a whole boxed assortment of green Viton O rings so I might try those. Only issue is this I have an aftermarket Kelpro one that has a black O ring supplied (probably Nitrile). I bought the Kelpro although it was more expensive than the genuien Ford one as I also have a leak at the loop and I thought the extra support bracket on the loop that the Kelpro has might prevent vibration and further leaks. The high pressure switch that it common to the MK I and MK Ii appears to use a green viton seal too per https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/23177128...UAAOSwbBxgdl-Y so that suggests a Viton seal should be OK using either fluid. Of course the change in fluid specs might meet that there has also been confusion over the correct O Ring material and I am going to be stuffed whatever I do.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:24 PM   #398
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

The O ring is also referred to in the MKII Workshop Manual supplement at section 211-02-15. I'll PM you re buying some O ring seal part number 388898S to both use and test. Currently I am testing three different type of O rings of different materials in the new approved ATF and they all seem to harden with immersion; well at least they are not turning to mush. I will test them in the Formula F too for comparison.

Last edited by aussiblue; 08-08-2021 at 04:30 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2021, 11:21 AM   #399
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

Just wanted to find out how much front and rear mudflaps would be for a 2020 ford escape vignale, can supply vin number if needed. Cheers mate!
frankie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #400
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie86 View Post
Just wanted to find out how much front and rear mudflaps would be for a 2020 ford escape vignale, can supply vin number if needed. Cheers mate!
Not much in these, Front $60 incl GST, Rear $60 incl GST plus postage if required..

Vignale is same as ST Line if you needed to know..
Old 10-08-2021, 12:37 PM   #401
frankie86
Sprinting Everywhere!

Smile Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Not much in these, Front $60 incl GST, Rear $60 incl GST plus postage if required..

Vignale is same as ST Line if you needed to know..
P.m'd you
frankie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2021, 09:46 PM   #402
LPGUTE

hey GT, can you buy the clips for the cover that go in the center of the dash on a FG G6E?

High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle

Old 13-08-2021, 11:14 PM   #403
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPGUTE View Post
hey GT, can you buy the clips for the cover that go in the center of the dash on a FG G6E?
Hi,

You going to be a bit more specific than that, a picture of the clip and the part it goes on may help..

If your referring to the center cover as shown below, the clips are not sold separately, but I would need to see the clip to see if they are available from another component.

FG Dash.JPG
Old 16-08-2021, 12:07 PM   #404
LPGUTE

thanks np, it is that cover. I will try a pick and pay less after lock down

High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle

Old 18-08-2021, 08:48 PM   #405
Espec

Hi GT
Can you still buy the FPV badge for the centre of steering wheel for a 2012 FPV GT MK11
Thanks
Espec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2021, 08:57 PM   #406
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espec View Post
Hi GT
Can you still buy the FPV badge for the centre of steering wheel for a 2012 FPV GT MK11
Thanks
Hi Espec,

That badge was never available as a single part on its own (child part), to get it you have to buy the whole air bag.

There are people making reproduction ones like below but I dont think they are exact like the OE ones.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/17408652...kAAOSwKrhVbYXE

GT
Old 21-08-2021, 08:59 PM   #407
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day GTLegend,

Would you by any chance have the part number for the vacuum hose that runs from the fuel regulator to the back of the engine for a 04 BA Falcon 5.4L 3v (Barra 220)?

And do you have any in stock? and if so, price?

Thanks.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2021, 09:13 PM   #408
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
G'day GTLegend,

Would you by any chance have the part number for the vacuum hose that runs from the fuel regulator to the back of the engine for a 04 BA Falcon 5.4L 3v (Barra 220)?

And do you have any in stock? and if so, price?

Thanks.
Hi Mate,

Vacuum line that goes from fuel reg to lower manifold on a 24V 3V has a part number 3R2Z9E498BA. Obsolete from Ford but I may be able to source you one. Last I remember they were around the $90 mark.

If you want me to chase let me know..

GT
Old 23-08-2021, 08:04 PM   #409
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

hello.
looking for just the rear boot lid upper chrome garnish for B series fairmont.
Not the whole fake light garnish as on the ghia. (already have one of them).
Just the garnish the number plate lights go into.
TIA
Old 23-08-2021, 09:31 PM   #410
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

*Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:

Originally Posted by*GTLEGEND*

Hi,

Set of rear door glass hinges would be $250 including freight, how ever there is only RHS available at this point in time, the LHS wont be available until April/May next year due to the COVID lockdown where the manufacturer has been closed all this time.

Any update on these ?
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2021, 10:28 PM   #411
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO_GHIA View Post

*Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:

Originally Posted by*GTLEGEND*

Hi,

Set of rear door glass hinges would be $250 including freight, how ever there is only RHS available at this point in time, the LHS wont be available until April/May next year due to the COVID lockdown where the manufacturer has been closed all this time.

Any update on these ?
Hi,

These are currently getting manufactured, should be available in a few weeks if COVID does not interfere again.

Will advise when they are available and if the costs have changed.

GT
Old 23-08-2021, 10:37 PM   #412
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0 View Post
hello.
looking for just the rear boot lid upper chrome garnish for B series fairmont.
Not the whole fake light garnish as on the ghia. (already have one of them).
Just the garnish the number plate lights go into.
TIA
Is this the part you are referring to? if so you are looking for part number BAF43504E and is around $250.

BA Boot Lid Garnish.PNG
Old 25-08-2021, 11:51 AM   #413
moey747

Hi, are there any pairs of ER18494A floating around or are the NLA?
moey747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2021, 05:10 PM   #414
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by moey747 View Post
Hi, are there any pairs of ER18494A floating around or are the NLA?
Hi,

There are still a couple of sets floating around of ER18494A..

GT
Old 27-08-2021, 06:17 PM   #415
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Ok O ring part 388898S has arrived and appears to be made of hard nylon rather than soft silicon or Viton and is much larger in circumference than the ones need on the MK II FG's high pressure steering hose. They are the white ones in the attached picture. The black one is the one that was supplied with the Kelpro hose I bought and appears to be silicon rubber. The green one is a Viton one like the ones on the genuine Ford hose. My local Ford dealer said you have to buy the whole hose to get the O-Ring (and they wanted $450.00 for it compared to $270.00 from most Ford dealers that are on ebay) but they at least were prepared to show me the packaged hose so I could see the O-ring. I am recovering from a hernia repair and other minor surgery at the moment but once I am able I will fit the green Viton 0-Ring and report back.

In any event thanks again GTLegend for all your help; I will doubtless eventually also find a use for the white plastic O rings (perhaps if I need to help someone with a Mark I FG). From past experience I have to say you can never have too many spare O-rings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg O-RingsSmall.jpg (43.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 29-08-2021, 02:09 PM   #416
PRO-GT

Hi gt,

Any chance ford still sell the ba/bf rear air vent cover, cupholder, manual gear surround and dual zone icc cover? All silver coloured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 BF GT Cobra 6 spd manual #43- SOLD
2016 Mustang GT - Current
2010 XR6 Turbo 50th Anniversary - Sold
2006 BF MKII XR6 Turbo Seduce - Sold
2006 BF MKI F6 Typhoon Toxic - Current
PRO-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2021, 02:59 PM   #417
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-GT View Post
Hi gt,

Any chance ford still sell the ba/bf rear air vent cover, cupholder, manual gear surround and dual zone icc cover? All silver coloured

Hi Pro GT,

If you referring to the rear console air vent louvre in satin aluminium like a BA GT, then no no longer available. Possibly get graphite one from XR, Dark Stone (Futura) only.

Cup Holder: Cannot get the GT aluminium finish, but could possibly get the XR liquid metal colour one, Futura Warm Charcoal one, XR Graphite one, pending on month and year of the build as they are different.

Manual gear surround: No longer available.

Dual Zone ICC Cover: Can only get Dark Stone colour. Not the silver GT ones had either a clock or gauges, dont think you get them silver in a plain cover.

If its an option, you get one of the above and paint to suit if need be?

GT
Old 29-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #418
PRO-GT

Thanks for the detailed response.

It may be my only option going forward but I suppose I could just paint my current ones as they have some scratches only.

I will have a think about it GT!

Thanks!

2007 BF GT Cobra 6 spd manual #43- SOLD
2016 Mustang GT - Current
2010 XR6 Turbo 50th Anniversary - Sold
2006 BF MKII XR6 Turbo Seduce - Sold
2006 BF MKI F6 Typhoon Toxic - Current
PRO-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2021, 10:54 PM   #419
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-GT View Post
dual zone icc cover? All silver coloured
If GT cant help, try ASL Automedia in Melbourne. They are often selling various types of ICC fascia's on their site. Sometimes you need to call them to see what stock they have.

I had a mint FPV silver one earlier this year. Gone now though.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2021, 04:46 PM   #420
kcodezd
0o\==^==/o0
Donating Member3

Hi GT, I am after a Sx, Sy Territory rear tailgate garnish, the part that attaches to the lower part of the glass. Can you advise availability and price delivered to Brisbane.
Thank you.
1978 W123 Mercedes Benz 280e
2004 BA XR8
2007 W211 E63 ////AMG
2008 Fiat Ritmo -for the kids to take ownership of while I pay for running costs
2009 SYii Territory Ts
2011 W212 Mercedes Benz E350 returned to the kid but now bent.
kcodezd is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post