Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 08:19 AM   #11881
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Wow. Are we allowed to be critical yet? Would love to be a fly on the wall at national cabinet this week

Thousands enter Australia for ‘holidays and business’ as wait drags for stranded locals
https://www.theage.com.au/national/t...30-p585pd.html

"More than 10,000 travellers entered Australia to visit friends, go on holiday or for business trips in April..........The data does not include travellers entering under the travel bubble with New Zealand."

But from the ABS site, which kind of doesn't match the numbers being mentioned above. NZ numbers are expected.
https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/in...latest-release

Source countries (short term arrivals)
The three leading source countries where visitors came from were:

New Zealand (16,320 trips)
The USA (880)
The UK (660).

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:20 AM   #11882
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
It was in QLD's live announcement this morning. QLD have requested more supply to be released from the federal government stash and the request was declined. Qld gov asking for a reason as to why it was declined.
Its probably like NZ ...there excuse for being really slow at vaccination rates is that they signed up for sole use of the Pfizer vac and were supposed to be right out of supply about now , supposed to be a big shipment from Pfizer coming end of july ......probably the same thing happening over there ....they just dont want to admit it ?

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 01-07-2021, 08:25 AM   #11883
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Wow. Are we allowed to be critical yet? Would love to be a fly on the wall at national cabinet this week

Thousands enter Australia for ‘holidays and business’ as wait drags for stranded locals
https://www.theage.com.au/national/t...30-p585pd.html

"More than 10,000 travellers entered Australia to visit friends, go on holiday or for business trips in April..........The data does not include travellers entering under the travel bubble with New Zealand."

But from the ABS site, which kind of doesn't match the numbers being mentioned above. NZ numbers are expected.
https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/in...latest-release

Source countries (short term arrivals)
The three leading source countries where visitors came from were:

New Zealand (16,320 trips)
The USA (880)
The UK (660).

WOW, that little conspiracy theorist in me is triggered a little more now
Old 01-07-2021, 08:42 AM   #11884
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
…and I am yet to get an answer to my question 'died of' or 'died with'?
For an example of this, a mate’s 80 year old father had advanced dementia, he had a fall and broke his hip, while laid up he developed pneumonia and in the rehab gym (still being treated for pneumonia) he caught Coronavirus. He died, which was frankly a blessed release. I understand that at the time of his death, it was logged as having died from the virus but that pays no heed to underlying ailments. (This was, however, in the US.)
Old 01-07-2021, 08:48 AM   #11885
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Well in that case the virus was clearly what whisked him away, so died of it. Would the pneumonia or dementia have caught up with him? Probably. But they didn't.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:50 AM   #11886
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
WOW, that little conspiracy theorist in me is triggered a little more now
I haven't really followed this "reset" thing, I thought it was related to the 2020 election , until I just took a 5 min read on google just now. So its an actual term used by the WEF, that by itself doesn't seem that controversial.

Then this BBC link came up. Sounds like some loonies have taken something that, by itself, is not very controversial, and created some pretty wild dystopian theories. Happy to learn more, but not for this thread.

Hope this calms you down

The coronavirus pandemic 'Great Reset' theory and a false vaccine claim debunked
https://www.bbc.com/news/55017002

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Last edited by T3rminator; 01-07-2021 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:56 AM   #11887
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Well in that case the virus was clearly what whisked him away, so died of it. Would the pneumonia or dementia have caught up with him? Probably. But they didn't.
You’d think some form of asterisk might be appropriate for deaths “with additional complications” that affect mortality. Like how people can plead “guilty with an explanation” in court to driving penalties.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:59 AM   #11888
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
For an example of this, a mate’s 80 year old father had advanced dementia, he had a fall and broke his hip, while laid up he developed pneumonia and in the rehab gym (still being treated for pneumonia) he caught Coronavirus. He died, which was frankly a blessed release. I understand that at the time of his death, it was logged as having died from the virus but that pays no heed to underlying ailments. (This was, however, in the US.)
exactly my point, he died WITH the disease, not BECAUSE of it - there is a HUGE difference
Old 01-07-2021, 09:04 AM   #11889
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
You’d think some form of asterisk might be appropriate for deaths “with additional complications” that affect mortality. Like how people can plead “guilty with an explanation” in court to driving penalties.
To what purpose though? To feed the conspiracy theorists who think that the government are all pedophile lizards?

Crazy stuff...
Old 01-07-2021, 09:10 AM   #11890
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
I haven't really followed this "reset" thing, I thought it was related to the 2020 election , until I just took a 5 min read on google just now. So its an actual term used by the WEF, that by itself doesn't seem that controversial.

Then this BBC link came up. Sounds like some loonies have taken something that, by itself, is not very controversial, and created some pretty wild dystopian theories. Happy to learn more, but not for this thread.

Hope this calms you down

The coronavirus pandemic 'Great Reset' theory and a false vaccine claim debunked
https://www.bbc.com/news/55017002
and the BBC is a worthy reference
Old 01-07-2021, 09:14 AM   #11891
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
and the BBC is a worthy reference lol
BBC has gone down the gurgler recently. But you can choose, that or conspiracy groups on Facebook and Twitter. Blue pill or red pill?

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2021, 09:16 AM   #11892
Work Horse
Budget Racer

'PURPOSE OF THE DOCUMENT
This document describes certification and classification (coding) of deaths related to COVID-19.
The primary goal is to identify all deaths due to COVID-19.
A simplified section specifically addresses the persons that fill in the medical certificate of cause of death.
It should be distributed to certifiers separate from the coding instructions.

DEFINITION FOR DEATHS DUE TO COVID-19
A death due to COVID-19 is defined for surveillance purposes as a death resulting from a clinically compatible illness, in a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case, unless there is a clear alternative cause of death that cannot be related to COVID disease (e.g. trauma). There should be no period of complete recovery from COVID-19 between illness and death. A death due to COVID-19 may not be attributed to another disease (e.g. cancer) and should be counted independently of pre existing conditions that are suspected of triggering a severe course of COVID-19.'

https://www.who.int/classifications/...h_COVID-19.pdf
Old 01-07-2021, 09:21 AM   #11893
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
'PURPOSE OF THE DOCUMENT
This document describes certification and classification (coding) of deaths related to COVID-19.
The primary goal is to identify all deaths due to COVID-19.
A simplified section specifically addresses the persons that fill in the medical certificate of cause of death.
It should be distributed to certifiers separate from the coding instructions.

DEFINITION FOR DEATHS DUE TO COVID-19
A death due to COVID-19 is defined for surveillance purposes as a death resulting from a clinically compatible illness, in a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case, unless there is a clear alternative cause of death that cannot be related to COVID disease (e.g. trauma). There should be no period of complete recovery from COVID-19 between illness and death. A death due to COVID-19 may not be attributed to another disease (e.g. cancer) and should be counted independently of pre existing conditions that are suspected of triggering a severe course of COVID-19.'

https://www.who.int/classifications/...h_COVID-19.pdf
thank you for providing that, but is it what is happening? I don't think it is. That little conspiracy theorist in me thinks that the politicians are not giving us the full correct information, as I stated, their medical advisors are on the Government payroll, so . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 01-07-2021, 09:23 AM   #11894
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
BBC has gone down the gurgler recently. But you can choose, that or conspiracy groups on Facebook and Twitter. Blue pill or red pill?
People need to start challenging, not protesting, ranting and raving, but challenging, even the MSM has started challenging
Old 01-07-2021, 09:28 AM   #11895
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WOOPS! Taking bets on when Barilaro gets gagged. And why are these popping up on my google feeds?

Minister Victor Dominello re-enters quarantine after NSW Health admits contact classification error

https://www.9news.com.au/national/vi...8-3206d2310aa5

"After reassessing the situation, NSW Health announced on Wednesday evening that Mr Dominello was once again being considered a close contact and he immediately re-entered isolation when contacted by health officials. There was some concern after Mr Dominello appeared alongside Premier Gladys Berejiklian, Health Minister Brad Hazzard and Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant at a press conference in the afternoon."

"But for some reason his interaction, which he has admitted to, has been interpreted differently and I think this honestly shows it is a lucky dip ... it depends which contact tracer you get on the end of the phone," Mr Barilaro said.

Rides (past and present)

Old 01-07-2021, 09:34 AM   #11896
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
thank you for providing that, but is it what is happening? I don't think it is. That little conspiracy theorist in me thinks that the politicians are not giving us the full correct information, as I stated, their medical advisors are on the Government payroll, so . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I can't help you mate, and I don't think that conspiracy theorist is little at all.

Perhaps start another thread and people interested in discussing fringe beliefs will follow.

The last thing we want is this thread being clogged up with people regurgitating the same BS over and over......
Old 01-07-2021, 09:39 AM   #11897
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Has the Feral Garment’s rather expensive Covid app been quietly put out to pasture? You can still download it, but there’s nil mention of it in the everyday media or by state heads.
This user likes this post:
Old 01-07-2021, 09:53 AM   #11898
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
I can't help you mate, and I don't think that conspiracy theorist is little at all.

Perhaps start another thread and people interested in discussing fringe beliefs will follow.

The last thing we want is this thread being clogged up with people regurgitating the same BS over and over......
oh, so you are entitled to your opinion and I am not, just because mine differs from yours? Interesting!!!!!!! So I should bugger off somewhere else because you don't like me opinion, well guess what . . . . . . .

Why not challenge, it is what brings the truth out, if we all just trot along like little sheep, we could be being led to the slaughterhouse

So I have to listen to your BS over and over, but that is OK?

I have had my first AstraZeneca shot and I will have my 2nd in early August

I have no doubt the disease is real, but the pandemic rhetoric is wearing a little thin

I am a big believer in lock-downs if they are genuinely worth it - but this latest round . . . . . . . . . . . We needed to lock down in Victoria last year as we were in a spiral (a bit like NSW at the moment). I fully support what the NT Government have done with Alice Springs, there are too many vulnerable people in a small space
Old 01-07-2021, 09:59 AM   #11899
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I'm a bit annoyed the amazing headlines I shared this morning are being buried. Maybe that's the conspiracy!

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2021, 10:25 AM   #11900
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
exactly my point, he died WITH the disease, not BECAUSE of it - there is a HUGE difference
Death certificate will state cause of death and what pre existing medical conditions that may have contributed to the death.
As you stated it would be interesting to see how these deaths are recorded for accuracy and we do know bureaucrats can twist facts.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:30 AM   #11901
leesa

Quote:
I have no doubt the disease is real, but the pandemic rhetoric is wearing a little thin

I am a big believer in lock-downs if they are genuinely worth it - but this latest round . . . . . . . . . . . We needed to lock down in Victoria last year as we were in a spiral (a bit like NSW at the moment).
What do you prefer? Small lockdown now or bigger lockdown later? If the small handful of cases can be identified and prevented from replicating in the early stages, we'll avoid that spiral and the inevitable bigger lockdown that it leads to.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:32 AM   #11902
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Death certificate will state cause of death and what pre existing medical conditions that may have contributed to the death.
As you stated it would be interesting to see how these deaths are recorded for accuracy and we do know bureaucrats can twist facts.
Exactly

I am starting to feel like a mushroom. I have been a 'true believer' up until a couple of weeks ago - but I am starting to think there is a bigger game at play here, to what end I don't know, but just a gut feeling

My feelings have nothing to do with socialism, communism or any of that conspiracy theory rubbish, but I am feeling there is definitely something going on behind the scenes
Old 01-07-2021, 10:34 AM   #11903
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
What do you prefer? Small lockdown now or bigger lockdown later? If the small handful of cases can be identified and prevented from replicating in the early stages, we'll avoid that spiral and the inevitable bigger lockdown that it leads to.
bigger lock down now, not what the NSW Premier did until the skillful hands of the master puppeteer Morrison. That is why I said I supported what the NT Government has done in Alice Springs

So if you are looking for a fight, go somewhere else
Old 01-07-2021, 10:35 AM   #11904
leesa

Quote:
Exactly

I am starting to feel like a mushroom. I have been a 'true believer' up until a couple of weeks ago - but I am starting to think there is a bigger game at play here, to what end I don't know, but just a gut feeling

My feelings have nothing to do with socialism, communism or any of that conspiracy theory rubbish, but I am feeling there is definitely something going on behind the scenes
Holy **** maybe the antivaxxers are right! He gets his vaccine and then starts turning into a conspiracy theorist. Quick Trevor... what shape is the earth?? Maybe we can save him before it's too late!
Ahhh cmon just having a joke

Old 01-07-2021, 10:36 AM   #11905
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Holy **** maybe the antivaxxers are right! He gets his vaccine and then starts turning into a conspiracy theorist.
Ahhh cmon just having a joke
HOLY ****, I never thought of that, the bastards injected me with something that altered my thinking , but it is having a converse effect
Old 01-07-2021, 10:56 AM   #11906
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Has the Feral Garment’s rather expensive Covid app been quietly put out to pasture? You can still download it, but there’s nil mention of it in the everyday media or by state heads.
I heard the media question its effectiveness yesterday - seems a bit of a WOFTAM to me - and we have to QR scan into everywhere anyway
Old 01-07-2021, 11:11 AM   #11907
Trendseeker

Quote:
Most likely. It didn’t work very well, most people have deleted it or turned it off, and I suspect the government is hoping that everyone forgets about it and the large expense for something that proved to be useless.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:12 AM   #11908
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
The federal one's a dead duck, states/territories have there own and want you to use it, in Tas they have even mandated the use of there own over the Fed one....I got 4 now, Qld, NT, Tas and WA....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 01-07-2021, 11:16 AM   #11909
.:4:.
Kicking back

My mum got the AZ jabs as she doesnt qualify for the criteria for the pfizer. She had no side effects. Considering a normal flu vaccination knocks her about for a few days afterwards, and all the stuff surrounding the AZ, she has no complaints.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-07-2021, 11:18 AM   #11910
Trendseeker

I doubt that there are any conspiracies. Just lack of coordination between state and federal governments, mistakes, arguing, blaming, excuses and general confusion about rules. They don’t have the time or resources to conspire about anything else.