Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-04-2024, 11:36 AM   #5761
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Oh trust me, I know how that works, evidenced by the mountain of work that DIDN"T get done while I was away.

Thing is, when its a family business, certain employees get a free pass, can't upset the apple cart, so the non-family employees are the ones who get the brunt of the boss's frustrations. "Do as we say, not as we do..........."
Been there in my early days of working career experiencing that type of crap thrown out you, said bye bye after covering other people's laziness, I use to put my hand out for more pay, if refused I moved on which was the usual case.

If you are a good worker, you will find other jobs.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-04-2024, 06:56 PM   #5762
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Garden client wanting pest control advice at 5.50pm on a Sunday evening.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2024, 07:21 PM   #5763
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Garden client wanting pest control advice at 5.50pm on a Sunday evening.
Pest control, a simple F off should have done the job quite well
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2024, 09:35 AM   #5764
roKWiz
Cabover nut

I had the perfect opportunity, upon hearing the distinct sound of a GM Streamliner, to run over the road and take some pictures as it chuffed by.

Even better as it came into view, the train was a double header with 2 1950's Streamliners pulling it. Excitedly, I managed to get three pictures only to discover the camera's memory ran out of space on 2 and the first picture had the first diesel behind a large tree !! dumar*e.

I think the next town heard my disappointment.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2024, 03:43 PM   #5765
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Waited an hour for a simple blood test that took all of two minutes to complete.
Mustang GT

Old 22-04-2024, 04:00 PM   #5766
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Waited an hour for a simple blood test that took all of two minutes to complete.
Try Tuesday next time, Monday's tend to get every man and his dog wanting blood tests first thing in the mornings.
I find Tuesday the best day of the week.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2024, 04:03 PM   #5767
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Try Tuesday next time, Monday's tend to get every man and his dog wanting blood tests first thing in the mornings.
I find Tuesday the best day of the week.
Yeah, it was a last-minute thing and I had to fast as well, so it was a double whammy. I also picked the wrong collection place as well.
Mustang GT

Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM   #5768
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
I, too, had to do a blood test yesterday. Knowing that Monday mornings are normally terrible coz all the oldies get in there after the weekend and early coz they hate fasting, I was dreading the wait. I play golf on Mondays and didn't want to play too late in the day so took the punt. I got in at around 8:40 and I was the only person in the waiting room! Both attendants were busy, so I did have to wait about 5 minutes, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Pity the golf wasn't as good. But I'd rather be playing a crap round of golf on a cracker weather day than be playing a good round in bad weather

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: