Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 15-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
BaraFGXR6

Default MY 2012 WRX - brembo brakes

Hi Matt,

I have a mate that is about to buy a 2012 WRX sedan and he is wanting to know how much for a set of Brembo to fit the front only and a seperate price for front and rear. I believe the calipers (the calipers actually easy and cheap to source but everything else is a bit hazey) will fit up but the discs may need to be aftermarkets to match the 5x100mm stud pattern.

I keep telling him not to be tight and buy the STI but then i remember your shop and thought i may as well ask so he can have it as an option.

2012 Navara STX manual - sold.
2013 Focus ST - sold.
2015 XLS ranger auto - sold.
2017 VW Golf work car.. current..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
I'm going to convert my turbo to NA, just to see your head explode.
BaraFGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: MY 2012 WRX - brembo brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaraFGXR6
Hi Matt,

I have a mate that is about to buy a 2012 WRX sedan and he is wanting to know how much for a set of Brembo to fit the front only and a seperate price for front and rear. I believe the calipers (the calipers actually easy and cheap to source but everything else is a bit hazey) will fit up but the discs may need to be aftermarkets to match the 5x100mm stud pattern.

I keep telling him not to be tight and buy the STI but then i remember your shop and thought i may as well ask so he can have it as an option.
To be honest i am not 100% sure the calipers will bolt straight up on the rear but i reckon the front will. The rotors should be able to be purchased from DBA as they have both pcd holes drilled. The only issue i have is i have not done any of these conversions for the late WRX cars and i know there are some minor mods they have done so again i am not sure on this.
STi front kits range new around $3250 and the rears are similar in cost but you get everything needed.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
BaraFGXR6

All good mate, cheers for the info!

Il get him to give you a buzz once he buys them to source the parts as he needs them
2012 Navara STX manual - sold.
2013 Focus ST - sold.
2015 XLS ranger auto - sold.
2017 VW Golf work car.. current..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
I'm going to convert my turbo to NA, just to see your head explode.
BaraFGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaraFGXR6
All good mate, cheers for the info!

Il get him to give you a buzz once he buys them to source the parts as he needs them
Hopefully it will all work and thanks

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post