Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 26-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
MadManz

Default Private Track Day at WSID Any Interest

I am looking to set up a private track day at WSID probably in feburary or march, if you would be interested please post here:

It wouldnt be restricted to just fords and i believe we require around 30 cars and the cost would be around 150 to 200 per car, this is just an estimate however if we have enough interest i will book a date and get the corect figures

Cheers
MadManz

Ok i have spoken with WSID and the date i have atm is 1st of May which is a sunday, Gates open at 7:30am racing starts at 10:00am untill 4:00pm.

Its a minimum 40 cars to a max of 50 cars.
cost $200.00 per vehicle and i will be talking to WSID in regards to how much spectators pay, i think its around 15 bucks.

if we can get around 50 cars would be fantastic and make it a really enjoyable day, remember you are not racing to win prizes its to find out how fast you car is and beat your personal best.

To book the day we will be required to pay a deposit.

please post interest here:

Last edited by MadManz; 27-01-2005 at 01:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #2
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Seeing as I couldn't make the other one that was arranged by one of the other forums I'd love to get in on this one.
Quote:
please post interest here:
Is there meant to be a link here ??

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
MadManz

no, it is on other forums and the list will be on this forum and post. so ur on the right one :
Old 27-01-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
loxxr6
XB in parts...

So we have so far :

madmanz
loxxr6

Has Fez and XB.

Old 27-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #5
sam12h
Runnin C3H8 & C4H10

eb should be on the road by then. will come if it's feb or march. still be on honeymoon 1 may tho.
sam12h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 12:14 AM   #6
MRJUCY
Fordless

I'll be there if I still have Juicy or if I've bought something of interest by then.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 08:44 AM   #7
MadManz

ok fellas, I will be getting these threads closed and in a couple of weeks i will be opening a new one up, it will be in conjunction with V8Owners forums.

It doesn't mean that if you have a 6cyl or turbos that you cant race, you can!!!

This is because V8Owners.com has the experience of setting up and running track days and they have done quite a few, Plus 40-50 cars is a lot to try and generate.

the date will be 1st May (Sunday)

If you would like to go the easiest way to creat a list will be once i open up the forum page, i will have it linked to a single site where you can go and add your name to the list.

Sorry for the inconvience
Jason aka MadManz
Old 28-01-2005, 02:07 PM   #8
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Lets get some more Fords in this one....there's plenty of notice for May 1.

Has Fez and XB.

Old 28-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #9
V8Owner
Starter Motor

Thumbs up

Yes please More Fords.

There is nothing more boring than watching 40 stock Commodores racing each other.

A good mix of all brands is the target.

Madmanz will be co-ordinating the Ford entrants, many thanks Madmanz.

It not about winning or loosing its about having fun, meeting people & taking that first step onto a race track. You will be surrounded by first timers & regulars, everybody will know somebody so the intimidation factor will be zero.

We will have training and tips the entire day. You can go as fast or as slow as you want, but we all know you always just end up getting faster.

It will also be an opportunity to have your car professionally photographed on a track with you driving, nice souvenir.

Looking forward to May, it will be cooler then so we should all run better times.

Peter.
Old 28-01-2005, 04:39 PM   #10
ozzyjim

Ill most likely be in it, im going this sunday and will have more mods by then so i can test them out.

Cheers
Jim
ozzyjim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 05:21 PM   #11
Headsex
headsexTuned

hate to sound stupid.. but whats WSID ?
Headsex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 05:35 PM   #12
MadManz

Western Sydney International Dragway at eastern creak!!!
multi million dollar drag strip in Sydney

Very nice, safe place to have some fun

But yeah, with the help of V8Owners forum it should be a fantastic day and would be great to get more fords down there, there are a lot of quick Holdens so lets get some quick fords there as well :P
Old 29-01-2005, 01:26 AM   #13
loxxr6
XB in parts...

V8owner & Madmanz : Would it be a bad idea to try and lock in a certain number of positions for Ford cars ? To try and even up the numbers maybe ??

Has Fez and XB.

Old 29-01-2005, 01:41 PM   #14
MadManz

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
V8owner & Madmanz : Would it be a bad idea to try and lock in a certain number of positions for Ford cars ? To try and even up the numbers maybe ??
V8Owners is both Ford and Holden, and previous experience has shown that it is very hard to get 25 fords on the day. Sure, if we can generate enough interest and go half and half would be fantastic, but in the long run i just wanna race so i dont reall mind if there are 5 fords and the rest holdens, I'm there to have fun.

So lets get behind this one all you Ford Drivers and go out to have some fun and show those Holdens what its all about :

Last edited by MadManz; 01-02-2005 at 03:47 PM.