Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
Jacob89
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 6
Default 2000 Laser KQ LXI R power window problem

Trying to install one of those aftermarket power window kits and I encountered a problem with the winder shaft being too long.

Because it was too long it reduced the places I could mount the motor and when I did find a place it was pushing the winder shaft connections on an angle which meant they didn’t stay on the winder shaft when the motor was being operated.

Has anyone else installed an aftermarket kit into this car and how did you do it?

I am wondering if the winder shaft can disconnect from the manual window regulator?
Jacob89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #2
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
foxtrot3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,298
Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: 2000 Laser KQ LXI R power window problem

Hi Seeing that factory power windows were available for the KN/KQ the best thing would be to get a pair of front factory power window regs and use them, either with the wiring that came with your kit or the bluewire motorsport wiring kit of your choice ( https://bluewireautomotive.com/colle...-power-windows ). Cheers MD
__________________


HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #3
Jacob89
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 6
Default Re: 2000 Laser KQ LXI R power window problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi Seeing that factory power windows were available for the KN/KQ the best thing would be to get a pair of front factory power window regs and use them, either with the wiring that came with your kit or the bluewire motorsport wiring kit of your choice ( https://bluewireautomotive.com/colle...-power-windows ). Cheers MD
The reason I am going with an aftermarket kit is because they are far far far cheaper than factory. If it ever breaks down then it would be far cheaper to fix and replace as well.

The factory route is just not an option for me. The price is far too ridiculous and it’s just money I do not have at the moment.
Jacob89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2017, 06:53 PM   #4
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
foxtrot3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,298
Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: 2000 Laser KQ LXI R power window problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob89 View Post
The reason I am going with an aftermarket kit is because they are far far far cheaper than factory. If it ever breaks down then it would be far cheaper to fix and replace as well.

The factory route is just not an option for me. The price is far too ridiculous and itís just money I do not have at the moment.
Hi. If you cant get the drive to line up behind the door trim the aftermarket may never work or if they do work the stress of the drive gears not lining up may shorten their life to the point that the factory type may be cheaper in the long run. The local wrecker has them listed as $50 each with warranty or $42 each without warranty or new non genuine on ebay for about $145 each. The listings on Ebay mention 5 wire type but it should work with a normal switch once you find the motor drive wires, the other 3 will be for one touch up/down function. Cheers MD
__________________


HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2017, 09:33 PM   #5
Jacob89
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 6
Default Re: 2000 Laser KQ LXI R power window problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. If you cant get the drive to line up behind the door trim the aftermarket may never work or if they do work the stress of the drive gears not lining up may shorten their life to the point that the factory type may be cheaper in the long run. The local wrecker has them listed as $50 each with warranty or $42 each without warranty or new non genuine on ebay for about $145 each. The listings on Ebay mention 5 wire type but it should work with a normal switch once you find the motor drive wires, the other 3 will be for one touch up/down function. Cheers MD
Where did you find a wrecker willing to sell them for that cheap? I haven't been able to find one willing to let any go for under $100.

Is that motor and regulator or just the motor?
Jacob89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #6
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
foxtrot3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,298
Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: 2000 Laser KQ LXI R power window problem

Hi. Jollys in dandenong ( http://www.jollysupullit.com.au/ezip...%2004/01-09/02 ). Cheers MD
__________________


HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2017, 04:15 AM   #7
Jacob89
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 6
Default Re: 2000 Laser KQ LXI R power window problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. Jollys in dandenong ( http://www.jollysupullit.com.au/ezip...%2004/01-09/02 ). Cheers MD
This does not help me, unfortunately.

I live in QLD, and that place does not offer postage of items.
Jacob89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Other than what is legally copyrighted by the respective owners, this site is copyright www.fordforums.com.au
Positive SSL