Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 16-05-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
dontask
Starter Motor

Default My 3L Cougar Build

Just thought I'd let you guys know about my 3L Cougar build.

BLOCK:
Start with one machined, cleaned, bare 3L block. P516009.jpg

Add crankshaft. P5160001.jpg

Bolt bottom half on. P5160025.jpg

PISTONS:
Previously removed and taken to hpc coatings for a molybedenum top coating and friction reducing side coatings.

Seen here is me reattaching the rods to the pistons and putting in the piston retaining rings.
P5160032.jpg

Tomorrow: Putting on the piston rings, attaching the rods to the crankshaft, and attaching the heads.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5160001.jpg (50.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg P5160009.jpg (48.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg P5160025.jpg (48.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg P5160032.jpg (44.9 KB, 41 views)
dontask is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 05:38 PM   #2
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

This'll be good to keep track of. I guess you're very mechanically able dontask? Good luck with it all and would love to see your progress.

Abraxas
Dshibi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #3
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where are you sourcing the parts from? Are you using an Aussie Ford Taurus / Escape or Mazda MPV / Tribute as a donor?

I guess you know the Jag X type uses the Duratec with a variable valve head- think of the possibilites!