Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 18-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
Ross W
Starter Motor

Default KH laser radio wiring diagram

G'day
I just bought my first car, a 94 KH laser, and I am in the process of putting a new sterio in. But I'v hit a problem, the wiring diagram thats in my repair manual does not match whats in my car.
I was hoping that somebody hear would have the correct wiring diagram, or know what colour wires are what.

Ross W is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

best take a picture if you can of the wires
the wrong advice might blow the unit
Old 20-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
Ross W
Starter Motor

Its ok i worked it out, used one of those current reading things to find the power, and a 9 volt battery to find the speakers. It was a bit of work, but it worked a treat.
Ross W is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #4
tigger68au
Starter Motor

Unhappy KH Stereo Wiring

Hi, You said you worked out the wiring? what was it, I too have bought a second hand '91 Laser and someone already took out the raidio, but did not rewire the rear so I do not know which ones these are. If you colud let me know, I would be very happy.
tigger68au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
kristeabo
Starter Motor

Do you still have this info? Would be greatly appreciated if you do.
kristeabo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
MungoDragons
Starter Motor

Default Re: KH laser radio wiring diagram

Just removed the factory radio/cassette from my KH Laser and want to replace it with a Kenwood as a 350,000K birthday present. I'm not afraid to cut and join wires if I have an accurate wiring schematic to go by but I'm attracted to the idea of a plug-n-play solution like the Aerpro harnesses I've seen in the auto shops. They don't seem to have one specific to the Laser though and I'm wondering if the same vintage Falcon had the same wiring. The picture shows the socket I'm trying to match - anyone done this and know what I need?
Thanks,
MD
MungoDragons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi The plug shown is the same as an eb falcon radio/cassette and the next set of plugs back are the same as EF/EL and most mazdas and lasers with the "FMS' (ford-mazda-sanyo) head unit.

if you want to cut the wires and join them the colours in the adaptor are
B+ Green/Yellow
Acc+ Blue/White
Dial light+ Red/Black
Earth Black
FL+ Orange or Orange/Green FL- Orange/Black
FR+ Gray or Gray/Green FR- Gray/Black
RL+ Pink or Pink/Green RL- Pink?black
RR+Blue/Red RR- Blue/Black
Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote

Last edited by foxtrot3; 27-01-2013 at 11:15 PM.
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
MungoDragons
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: KH laser radio wiring diagram

Thanks foxtrot - that's very helpful - much appreciated!
Old 21-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #9
MungoDragons
Starter Motor

Just to close this off I finally did the deed and took advantage of a sale at SuperCheap to pick up a Kenwood KDC-U453. I invested $22 and grabbed two AerPro harnesses - Kenwood to ISO and ISO to EF/EL falcon.

As it turns out the smaller of the two existing EF/EL sockets in the car didn't fit the corresponding AerPro plug (the larger one was fine) so I had to transplant the small car plug (which I had removed) onto the AerPro harness using Foxtrots wiring guidance and all is now good. Worked a treat.

MD