Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 12-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
daphne
Starter Motor

Default Cougar: Lower Arms/Bushes

G’day all. This is my first post!

I have a gorgeous 2000 Cougar Eibach, and at the moment I’m looking at replacing the Lower Arms (as the bushes are worn). Any recommendations on a good place from where I might be able to source the arms for much cheaper than what my dealer is quoting… or even better, has anyone had any experience with finding anyone to manufacture the bushes? I’ve gone out hunting for after-market bushes and I’ve got a resounding “no” from everywhere!

Cheers. Daphne.

daphne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
Thunderbird

Try the USA or the usafordsp.com, we had some from them & I think another member too they were cheaper here.
Maybe you could be get some Urathane bushes lathed out if desparate.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
thearrow

I have just replaced mine but now have found out that what has caused the bushings to wear is the fact that the front struts have worn out and that is the REAL problem.I have just ordered some form the USA and will get them fitted next week (will advise the total cost).

You can't replace the bushings you have to replace the whole control arm I got mine from here and they privide a good service at a good price.

https://pontiworld.com.au/usafordsp/...6c455ae84d0ee3

When you replace the struts on an Eibach you can't use the standard ones because the car is lowered it puts to much stress on them. You must get adjustable struts.

How do I know all this...because I am a happy Eibach owner.

Post some pics Daphne so we can check out you ride.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
bunter
F.T.F Member

i also got both lower conrol arms and upper caps and cap bearings for my wifes cougar from the same place last year, a good place to deal with.

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Ebony Black 2000 V6 Ford Cougar
bunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
Thunderbird

Default wrecked Cougar

EDIT: SORRY..for jumping in ... this thread was not meant to be here.. but heck...might help..!

.. ?? been offered a 99 Cougar that hit probably a pole or something fairly hard in the LH front.., Windscreen is not cracked but LH door does not open & glass broken with weather damage now inside., airbag deployed, Rear is good. does not run or presume it cant anyway as the LH wheel is about 30cm away from where it should be. They want $2500 for it.. Anybody out there up to date with wrecking values..?
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
thearrow

Can't help you with values but as there are not many around then I can't see the wreck being worth much, however if you wanted to fix it I could help you out with getting the parts from the USA.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post