Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2022, 08:36 PM   #661
jakka351

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I have an 8 gig RPI4 installed in mine, sans screen now, but the official 7 foundation touch screen is a perfect fit for the Mk1 FDIM fascia. I swapped it back out for a stock unit as endless hours tinkering with raspberry pi settings + boot time became a pain.
jakka351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2022, 08:40 PM   #662
jakka351

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
*And Ford clearly hated Sumitomo.

Yeah, there's a Raspberry Pi version of QNX on github, along with other archives there too... But I've managed to "find" a treasure trove of tools elsewhere - USB network drivers for this device in particular, FTP daemon.. some good stuff. I've got 4 old USB dongles that work, but you just can't buy them anymore - so while I play with them, they are not all that useful anymore in general.
Could the O/S of the mk2 fdim be *easily* ported to run on an Raspberry Pi? - theres a potential easy replacement there for folks with a dead unit and limited funds. I can see there may be some legal issues with that as QNX is a proprietary thing.
Old 23-02-2022, 09:00 PM   #663
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

I run the last LibreELEC Kodi 9 on mine, starts up when I first unlock the car, is ready to "VNC connect" a few seconds after I enter and start the car. ~20 second boot time.

No, there's no easy port, there's 4 in-use serial ports in the FDIM, 2 I2C busses, and a bunch of other peripherals for various things which the Pi just can't support without a lot of work virtualising them. You would be better off starting from scratch.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2022, 09:07 PM   #664
jakka351

Quote:
I run the last LibreELEC Kodi 9 on mine, starts up when I first unlock the car, is ready to "VNC connect" a few seconds after I enter and start the car. ~20 second boot time.

No, there's no easy port, there's 4 in-use serial ports in the FDIM, 2 I2C busses, and a bunch of other peripherals for various things which the Pi just can't support without a lot of work virtualising them. You would be better off starting from scratch.
I think you can have up to 8 serial ports, 8 SPI Devices and multiple i2c buses on the RPi4 - with the compute module. But yes, alot of effort.
This user likes this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 05:16 PM   #665
syco26
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Hey JasonACT, sorry a little off topic but your in box is full.
syco26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2022, 06:58 PM   #666
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

I've deleted up a bunch of old messages now, from a guy who never got back to me after pestering me to help extract firmwares from clusters. Saw he was over in the forscan forum asking about PATS too. Meh.

Forscan's Russian software isn't it? I should probably stop mentioning it now.
Old 25-02-2022, 07:01 PM   #667
jakka351

Quote:
I've deleted up a bunch of old messages now, from a guy who never got back to me after pestering me to help extract firmwares from clusters. Saw he was over in the forscan forum asking about PATS too. Meh.

actually ukrainian I heard yesterday. Development may be slower than usual
Old 25-02-2022, 07:55 PM   #668
jakka351

Quote:

actually ukrainian I heard yesterday. Development may be slower than usual
2 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2022, 01:44 PM   #669
ABS351

Smile Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:

Really was he pestering you or gave assistance I recall?
Lol..looks like you don't require the signal file..someone provided already
ABS351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2022, 02:17 PM   #670
jakka351

Guys guys just be nice, I think the police are here. Oh wait..thats me pewpewpew.
Old 26-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #671
JasonACT
Away on leave

Changing the subject, a few of us are trying to create new customised gauges for the car they're in...

(Excuse the g-force numbers, we're experimenting.)
3 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2022, 05:18 PM   #672
ABS351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteford View Post
I have an ABSfault. Can someone help?
Not anymore..:-) when you have access to the right people at ford :-)
You dirty cause GTF gauges are public.....lol..

Jakka351 bring out the sirens..lol
Old 26-02-2022, 05:37 PM   #673
jakka351

I'm about to buy this fake gtf cluster and disassemble it, will post all relevant data here. The guy wants $600 for it on facebook. Anyone wanna chip in?
Old 26-02-2022, 05:48 PM   #674
ABS351

Jakka for the same price just get the power tune digital dash :-) I got one.. you can pretty much do what ever you want...
https://www.powertunedigital.com/
Old 26-02-2022, 06:44 PM   #675
jakka351

Talking Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABS351 View Post
Jakka for the same price just get the power tune digital dash :-) I got one.. you can pretty much do what ever you want...
https://www.powertunedigital.com/
I already have raspberry pi in my car, I can do pretty much whatever I want with it and it wasnt $800.

Can you change the powertune digital bootsplash? if you cant do it via the settings options can show you how to, its a raspberry pi virtual linux filesystem operating under both EXT4 and NTFS protocol decreptions. Pretty standard stuff.

It's fairly easy to do if you know what to make up of it.
Old 26-02-2022, 07:46 PM   #676
ABS351

Nice one, yeah it's pretty much a Rasp Pie.
You can change the boot screen, got access to the file structure.

Decided to go down this path, neater and pretty much design anything.
Old 27-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #677
ABS351

Quote:
You’ve become so advanced, I think you should apply.

Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic Engineers
https://www.seek.com.au/Job/55964817/?cid=ios-share

Wow..engineer you are...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...composer=false
2 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2022, 04:52 PM   #678
jakka351

Quote:
I made that image actually.
Old 27-02-2022, 05:12 PM   #679
jakka351

Exclamation Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Also....

I am Jack Whiteford
Old 27-02-2022, 05:21 PM   #680
jakka351

I am Faultcode C1245
Old 04-03-2022, 07:00 PM   #681
JasonACT
Away on leave

FG2 ICC "recore" package archive that should be extracted to an empty FAT32 USB stick, preferably with a blinky LED.

https://github.com/Jasoroony/Ford-Fa...ain/repair.zip

Upon inserting the USB stick into the ICC, waiting a bit, and pressing the "Recore" button in the ICCComms.exe program, all factory packages installed on the unit will be copied off the unit and onto the USB stick. Once this is done, a log file will be generated with a list of all corrupt files. On a working unit, this list will be empty - and you will be left with a good backup of the software installed. Non-nav units should take ~20 minutes (should you not have a working unit, and can't see the progress on the screen). Nav units will take about an hour. Blinky USB LEDs may stop once the copy is done, but it's still doing the log/corruption-check at that point, so give it ~20 minutes more. There is no need to reset the ICC when finished, so this process is "safe" to run on a broken unit which has never lost battery power.

Upon inserting the USB stick into the ICC some time later, waiting a bit, and pressing the "Recore" button, it will detect that the backup is already there, and it will check all the files on the unit, any corrupt ones found will have the USB version checked and if it matches the version's manifest checksum on the unit, it will be copied back to the unit to repair the corruption. The copied file on the unit will then be checked again & copied again if it still has problems - up to 15 times, in an attempt to find a good spot in the flash memory.

I've written the program this way (I.E. check the USB copy version) so it won't put garbage or someone's attempt to "upgrade" certain files, on the unit. It will only repair using the correct files. If a repair was made, and it looks successful (none got to 15 retries) it will reboot automatically.

This supercedes the information in this link:

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=6584353

But all the same warnings apply, I take no responsibility for your failed units should that happen, but this is as safe as I can make it.
5 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2022, 07:15 PM   #682
jakka351

Thumbs up Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
FG2 ICC "recore" package archive that should be extracted to an empty FAT32 USB stick, preferably with a blinky LED.

https://github.com/Jasoroony/Ford-Fa...ain/repair.zip

Upon inserting the USB stick into the ICC, waiting a bit, and pressing the "Recore" button in the ICCComms.exe program, all factory packages installed on the unit will be copied off the unit and onto the USB stick. Once this is done, a log file will be generated with a list of all corrupt files. On a working unit, this list will be empty - and you will be left with a good backup of the software installed. Non-nav units should take ~20 minutes (should you not have a working unit, and can't see the progress on the screen). Nav units will take about an hour. Blinky USB LEDs may stop once the copy is done, but it's still doing the log/corruption-check at that point, so give it ~20 minutes more. There is no need to reset the ICC when finished, so this process is "safe" to run on a broken unit which has never lost battery power.

Upon inserting the USB stick into the ICC some time later, waiting a bit, and pressing the "Recore" button, it will detect that the backup is already there, and it will check all the files on the unit, any corrupt ones found will have the USB version checked and if it matches the version's manifest checksum on the unit, it will be copied back to the unit to repair the corruption. The copied file on the unit will then be checked again & copied again if it still has problems - up to 15 times, in an attempt to find a good spot in the flash memory.

I've written the program this way (I.E. check the USB copy version) so it won't put garbage or someone's attempt to "upgrade" certain files, on the unit. It will only repair using the correct files. If a repair was made, and it looks successful (none got to 15 retries) it will reboot automatically.

This supercedes the information in this link:

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=6584353

But all the same warnings apply, I take no responsibility for your failed units should that happen, but this is as safe as I can make it.
Ford no fixy, JasonACT fixy.
5 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2022, 09:51 PM   #683
jakka351

Cool Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Just a couple of engineers, hanging out having some fun...
I gOt mY bAcheLoRs DeGrEe oN eBaY.
Old 05-03-2022, 10:06 PM   #684
jakka351

Lightbulb Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Changing the subject, a few of us are trying to create new customised gauges for the car they're in...

(Excuse the g-force numbers, we're experimenting.)
Somebody needs to do a tribute to sumitomo and the mk2 ICC failure issue.
in the form of a new background/splash image. Maybe then Mick will change the banner.

I volunteer.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:02 PM   #685
JasonACT
Away on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakka351 View Post
I gOt mY bAcheLoRs DeGrEe oN eBaY.
I got mine at ANU, in science. But I'd agree with you Jakka, it wasn't as much fun as it was scepticism, when it couldn't easily be reproduced, when I had done it all before in any case.

My only real gripe though, is that the unit in the photo was stuck on the splash screen a day earlier, before being "repaired" by my latest software. Something not really conveyed in the post you quoted.

I'm fairly content though, a high-series and two mid-series units are now confirmed as repaired by it. But all of them did have the latest software package installed on them, which by luck is what is available from my github repo - so... Perhaps an easier fix than some may experience, until more backups are sent to me - and I update the github repo.
Old 06-03-2022, 03:52 AM   #686
jakka351

I wanted to ask about booting from USB, I couldn't find the F12 key to tap on the ICC, but I (assume) this would be easy as long as you have root terminal access? Could a unit with corrupt memory use a USB drive with the OS on it to bypass the corrupted memory, or is the boot instruction actually in that memory?

Also I am thinking that there are some hidden menu's that would only be known about by the component manufacturer. (and probably some guys in lynbrook, vic) Specifically I know there is radio diagnostics, but I am guessing there may be more. 0x6FC transmits data to the FDIM which displays the data in the 6FC message.

Thats all I know so far. Maybe the guys in Lynbrook could fill in the blanks. I know they're reading this.

Coincidentally, I believe 0x6FC is 1788 in decimal, and this is an Australian car...so I am hoping there is some sort of easter egg there.
Old 06-03-2022, 03:57 AM   #687
jakka351

Wink Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
I got mine at ANU, in science. But I'd agree with you Jakka, it wasn't as much fun as it was scepticism, when it couldn't easily be reproduced, when I had done it all before in any case.

My only real gripe though, is that the unit in the photo was stuck on the splash screen a day earlier, before being "repaired" by my latest software. Something not really conveyed in the post you quoted.

I'm fairly content though, a high-series and two mid-series units are now confirmed as repaired by it. But all of them did have the latest software package installed on them, which by luck is what is available from my github repo - so... Perhaps an easier fix than some may experience, until more backups are sent to me - and I update the github repo.
Sumitomo have no ragrets....not even one LittLe Letter
Old 06-03-2022, 11:35 AM   #688
JasonACT
Away on leave

The i.MX31 can boot from USB, Serial, SD and Flash but the circuit board is hardwired for Flash boot. Also, due to the hardware bug in the USB peripheral and the way the software driver on the unit is written, where it turns off USB when sleeping, I don't think it would work without a lot of re-engineering.

SD boot is a possibility, but it would require a lot of work also, you'd need to rebuild the initial file system (the read-only one) so it included the SD driver. I don't have the boot sector either, that would load the IFS, so there is a lot missing and not much chance of getting support for a chip more than 15 years old now.
Old 06-03-2022, 12:56 PM   #689
steve101

Quote:
Just a couple of engineers, hanging out having some fun... https://www.fordforums.com.au/attach...2&d=1646469519
how can i add this
Old 06-03-2022, 02:56 PM   #690
jakka351

|
|
|
v