Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-01-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
oneredED
need more boost

Default Question about AJR wheels...

Sorry guys if this is the wrong forum, but i'm assuming a number of the e-series crew have AJR wheels (signatures or whatever) on their cars and can help me out

What i want to know is:
Is the outer lip chromed, or is it polished?

Mine have been down some gravel roads recently, with the dust pooling in the bottom of the rim. Then whilst driving, the dust has then sanded back the "shinyness" so that my rear wheels are now very dull. I want to get 'em all shiny again, but don't know if i should get them chromed, or whether some autosol and some elbow grease will fix them.

Cheers,
Jared
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
XRated
Shoot.

Give some Autosol a crack... Can't hurt... Can it?! :P

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 08:43 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

there polished as far as i know.
not chromed

(i had a look at those rims you have jarred - i was gonna buy em myself only couldnt come up with the goods!)
lucky little sod
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 11:56 AM   #4
galapogos01
eec tweaker

They're polished, i've had two sets of AJR Signatures...

Jared, where did you find that set for sale?

I also have 2 AJR Signature 17s for sale if anyone is interested.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
oneredED
need more boost

I'll give polishing a go then by the sounds of it, hopefully they'll be done by the dyno day.

galapogos, i was very lucky in that a member of the "other" forums was selling these directors (a set of 5!!) for far less than what i would say they were worth (to me), as these happen to be my favourite e-series rim, so i scraped some cash together and well yeah, they look alright :P
I guess i could get the two AJR's you've got for my old girls XR6, and she could run round with stockies on the back all the time and be fully sick haha ;)

Wayne, i didn't know you'd looked at them! I knew quite a few people where interested, but i thought i was the only one who went and had a gander at them. They would've looked mad on the NC too, everyone tells me they look like AMG wheels or "gangsta style" which wasn't exactly the look i was intending on, but meh
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P

Last edited by oneredED; 31-01-2005 at 02:57 PM.
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 06:40 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

i know joel pretty well, we could always swap them for the CSA's he had on the XR (which are on my NC now)

(you paid what i paid for the csa's)
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post