Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-01-2005, 01:32 PM   #1
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Default AU led dash mod

I tried the dash mod on the site worked fine an everything just got a suggestion. Using allen keys I damaged the dash getting it out. For some reason my dash is in there mighty tight each time i put it back in takes alot of force to remove it again. First time I tried it I actually got the allen keys up and had a hold of the dash : but i soon figured out what was wrong.

My suggestion was a new way of getting out the dash. If you pull out the fuse box (near hood release) and look up there on the top left hand side you can see a big gap. You get a wopping big screw driver put it up there and leaver the cluster out. If you get a torch and look up there you can see the back of the cluster.

I found this was a much better way of getting out the cluster and much easier.

Though im not sure about all other Au's but mine must of been made by a vacume machine and everything is put in extremely tight.

Hope this info is of some use.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When i did work exp at metro we actually were servicing my mums AU and the guy gave me the job of getting the cluster out to change the bulb on the LCD, he told me to remove the fuse panel and get a big screwdriver up behind there and push it out. It worked a lot easier than trying to pull the bitch out (which i had done a few times before that).
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 04:17 PM   #3
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

My brother works for ford and showed me that way of doing it, works much easier then using allen keys.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 11:40 AM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Send this suggestion to Casper - I'm sure he will include it in the doco on AUFalcon . com - it's a damn good suggestion!
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post