Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #61
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

YesI did click the link..thats why I asked the question is it the MB or the MC Mondeo.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #62
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Good find Apstar. I love some internet rummaging, as it gives up some surprises.

What a **** about the head unit. The Ford PR fluff said 'updated head unit', doesn't look like we'll get the European version, which is a bit of a shame. But we wouldn't get the rear view camera or the sat nav, but still a ****.

Interesting that the Titanium comes with cargo blind and mats as standard. Bit of a worry that we still don't have any idea when they will turn up.

I'm off to see Andrew at Ethridge tomorrow to see the MCs he has and have a chat, so that will give a bit more clarity for me.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #63
Mickmelb

I just looked on the ford site and its updated to the MC now. Interestingly the head unit says DAB which would make it one of the first cars available here with digital radio if its a photo of the Aussie version.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #64
wusyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
I just looked on the ford site and its updated to the MC now. Interestingly the head unit says DAB which would make it one of the first cars available here with digital radio if its a photo of the Aussie version.
Hope that it is not DAB as it will not work here. Aussie uses DAB+.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #65
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I would be very surprised if it came with a digital radio. I'd say it more that Ford Oz has been lazy and been cutting and pasting off the Euro specs.

Hopefully we get an upgraded head unit and not the Sony one that's currently in the cars, but until we see a MC Titanium we won't know what's in it.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #66
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dusty1

The rear camera is listed as an accessory!
Part Number: G0T19H391SBA2
RRP: $657*

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #67
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Interesting. Wonder if that's in the head unit or on the rear view mirror?
Previous:
Old 04-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #68
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It replaces the rear view mirror!
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Satel...apper&site=FOA

apstar
Old 05-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #69
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Spoke to a friend in QLD yesterday.
His local dealer has offered him a MC Titanium diesel....from a boat arriving in 10 days time.

So...It looks like the new model will make it just before Xmas.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #70
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I was at Ethridge yesterday and the last info Andrew had on the shipment was that there was still a stop on the Titaniums. Can't remember if it WA only on wagons. Was it a hatch or wagon?

Interesting to know that the shipment is due about the same time mine was in 2007. Didn't see mine until early January. I think they all come into Melbourne and the. Are shipped by road from here.
Previous:
Old 05-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #71
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sydney cars are dropped off at Port Kembla and trucked to Sydney,stand to be corrected

apstar
Old 05-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #72
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Would have been a hatch, no need for a wagon.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #73
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Sydney cars are dropped off at Port Kembla and trucked to Sydney,stand to be corrected

apstar
yep. all trucked to campbeltown actually, where they get compliance done. then trucked out to the dealerships around nSW

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #74
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do Ford think that all people buying the Mondeo Titanium TDCi wants "Sport Suspension" fair enough on the XR5 but I prefer a suspension thats tuned towards a comfortable ride and on 17" wheels especially with the pathetic roads we have in Sydney hows sport suspension is going to help me along Parramatta road

apstar

ps Thompson Ford Parramatta told me Jan/Feb for the Titanium the salesman agreed with me regarding the Head Unit and that early enquires from potential buyers were disappointed with that and no Sat Nav!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #75
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Titianium ride solution - downgrade to 17" wheels and tyres after purchase.

Might only cost ...
$2000 for genuine 17" wheels (4)
$1200 for tyres (4)

.....prices guesstimated based on XR5 MB wheel $880 and Tyre $380...each. Ouch !!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #76
MOND30
If You Seek AU

I commented on the harsher ride of the Titanium over the Zetec after the test drive, and the salesman said 'nah, it should be the same...'
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #77
Dusty1
Giddy up!

looks like there is an upgraded sound system, but with the same head unit. Titanium gets a subwoofer.

With the stop on the Titanium wagons, they probably won't be here until Feb, and Andrew from Ethridge didn't know anything more than what was written on the Ford Bulletin on 28 October.

I asked about the Territory diesel and he said it will be March.
Previous:
Old 08-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #78
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why do Ford think that all people buying the Mondeo Titanium TDCi wants "Sport Suspension" fair enough on the XR5 but I prefer a suspension thats tuned towards a comfortable ride and on 17" wheels especially with the pathetic roads we have in Sydney hows sport suspension is going to help me along Parramatta road
Well Apstar, the Mondeo suspension situation is more complicated than you might imagine. You do not want the "Sports" suspension unless you live in Germany or handling is a real priority for you. In NZ, all Mondeos with standard suspension are sold with 16" wheels, either steel for the base model or alloys for the Zetec. The sports suspension was an option on the Zetec with 17" wheels or standard with 18" wheels on the XR5.

I fitted a set of Ford 17" wheels last year with Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres to replace the stock 16" steel wheels. The grip was great on smooth roads, but it destroyed the handling on the bumpy, coarse chip seal roads that pass for State Highways in NZ. So I'm now running a set of 16" alloy wheels (MAK from Italy) with Falken F K 452 tyres and am very happy.

So, my conclusion is that the standard suspension was tuned to work best with 16" wheels. And you certainly don't want the Sports suspension with 18" wheels in country Oz or NZ and want a comfortable ride.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #79
Mickmelb

When my niece was working at the motor show for Ford I had her ask the National Marketing Manager and he said same head unit (she told him I thought the current one sucks, got to love feedback) but 9 instead of 8 speakers.
I'll order a Titanium tomorrow still in 2 minds with the colour though Ink Blue or White
Handling over comfortable ride is my preference my current car is way too soft.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #80
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sports Suspension should be an no cost option IMHO that way you get what you prefer but speaking about suspension I took a Citroen C5 for a spin with its Hydractive III+ well proven suspension system WOW talk about smooth ride

apstar
Old 09-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #81
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Received my copy of myFord magazine today first page is a full page ad for the Mondeo wagon and for the Hatch a one page article with a almost full page picture of the Titanium and underneath a few promotion words p.iss weak this really proves how the Mondeo is rated by Ford Australia

apstar
Old 09-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #82
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Received my copy of myFord magazine today first page is a full page ad for the Mondeo wagon and for the Hatch a one page article with a almost full page picture of the Titanium and underneath a few promotion words p.iss weak this really proves how the Mondeo is rated by Ford Australia

apstar
Lucky you. I don't even get it.
Previous:
Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #83
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine just arrived. the hatch page isn't too bad?? i mean it's not a review, so what is there is good. you wouldn't be expecting a brochure type layout surely?? the wagon advert is two pages and the first thing you see when you open the magazine??...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #84
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo_broady
mine just arrived. the hatch page isn't too bad?? i mean it's not a review, so what is there is good. you wouldn't be expecting a brochure type layout surely?? the wagon advert is two pages and the first thing you see when you open the magazine??...
Could have shown pictures of the interior { you know why they didn't ** could have listed fully specs of the engines maybe I should try to scan it and let those that dont get it look for themselves

apstar
Old 09-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #85
Mickmelb

The Ford website now has a 20 page brochure on it with some good pictures. Click on the download brochure under research, sorry im not sure how add a link. If im reading it correctly the Titanium is only available with the diesel.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #86
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

MC Spotted at local Ford dealer in Canberra.

Models parked outside:
1. LX Wagon
2. (???)) TDCI Hatch - no spec-level badge but had better HMI cluster, and no Alcantara interior, so presume at Zetec.

....and I received my myFORD magazine too!!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #87
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
The Ford website now has a 20 page brochure on it with some good pictures. Click on the download brochure under research, sorry im not sure how add a link. If im reading it correctly the Titanium is only available with the diesel.
Mick

Just click on the URL then right click on your mouse select copy and then paste it here like this
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/BlobS...lob&blobkey=id

apstar

Last edited by apstar; 09-12-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #88
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mickmelb..thats how I read it too..
Old 09-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #89
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Thanks for that link.
With the lane departure on the Titanium, that takes the place here the answer/hang up in mine so where is the hang up answer gone?
Previous:
Old 09-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #90
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Thanks for that link.
With the lane departure on the Titanium, that takes the place here the answer/hang up in mine so where is the hang up answer gone?
Dusty
On the HMI look at page 5 you will a picture of the phone symbol better still go to that secure site I posted a page back it shows it much clearer on the main page the first symbol is a + the next is covered up with an orange light then a couple below that

apstar