Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 24-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
Chris
AFF.com.au

Default Drag racing - the real deal

What is the difference between peoples PB and average qtr times??

For example, my old AU was a consistent 13.6 at 106, it did once pull a 13.3 out of the bag, however when i sold the car i advertised it as a 13.6 as I couldn't get it to replicate the faster time.

It frustrated me that i couldn't replicate the 13.3 as it gave be doubts about the cars ability, however the 13.6's continued to roll in.

Any simillar stories??
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 09:40 PM   #2
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris

For example, my old AU was a consistent 13.6 at 106, it did once pull a 13.3 out of the bag, however when i sold the car i advertised it as a 13.6 as I couldn't get it to replicate the faster time.

It frustrated me that i couldn't replicate the 13.3 as it gave be doubts about the cars ability, however the 13.6's continued to roll in.

Any simillar stories??
Well Chris it just shows that the 13.3 was a fluke but with my car nothing is a fluke as mine has ran a 13.6,13.7,13.8,13.9 maybe you should have raced a BA

P.S have another iced tea
Old 24-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Chris should have let someone else have a drive..
i was stuck on a few 13.6's tried something new just got to much wheel spin.....got fed up, threw the keys to Rod 13.4..on his last pass of the night he got one to stick...i didnt get the best out of my ute someone else did 2.06, 60 foot time... i never done one like that and they say in a auto all you do is put your foot down..yeah right..its the OFR magic i tell you, just ask our CEO..lol.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 02:28 AM   #4
rodderz

A lot of people make the mistake of thinking a drag race is just like putting your foot down on a straight bit of road...but most 1st time users will soon realise they are getting times 2 seconds slower than what they expected. The start is the key to getting a good ET...muck that up and your runs stuffed! It's harder than what it seems, and the more power you have the more wheelspin, slower times!

I
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 02:41 AM   #5
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
A lot of people make the mistake of thinking a drag race is just like putting your foot down on a straight bit of road...but most 1st time users will soon realise they are getting times 2 seconds slower than what they expected. The start is the key to getting a good ET...muck that up and your runs stuffed! It's harder than what it seems, and the more power you have the more wheelspin, slower times!

I
And that is exactly where i am at now with the extra HP the car is makin.

Too much w/spin

"Hate it or love,the underdogs on top"
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 02:59 AM   #6
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-P 738
And that is exactly where i am at now with the extra HP the car is makin.

Too much w/spin
Did you get the gearbox fixed?? Im hoping to go down next wednesday.
Old 25-01-2005, 04:22 AM   #7
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Any simillar stories??
I think Rod was in the same boat? He ran one 12.6 and then a heap of 12.9's.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 07:15 AM   #8
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
thats one boat i will take...soon to be a speed boat..

Old 25-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #9
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Well Chris it just shows that the 13.3 was a fluke but with my car nothing is a fluke as mine has ran a 13.6,13.7,13.8,13.9 maybe you should have raced a BA

P.S have another iced tea
Hey Chris, your ET's look like a space shuttle countdown in reverse!!!

is your car slowing down?? stop ricing up your car, the weight is obviously killing it.................haha
Old 25-01-2005, 09:37 AM   #10
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im not sure about my car either, at the last heathcote meet my times were dropping consistantly until the end of the day where I ended with a 13.67 at 105mph. This was the highest mph for the night as well.

Most of the afternoon I was running 14 flat but then began stalling it up properly and the times dropped.
Old 25-01-2005, 10:27 AM   #11
TBO240
Member of 12sec club

it all about trial and error after about 20 to 30 runs im still tring to get the best out of my car.i still think there are a few more tenths to be had,the problem is nutting out how best to get it.which will problaly mean another 20 or 30 runs.
Old 25-01-2005, 11:14 AM   #12
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO240
it all about trial and error after about 20 to 30 runs im still tring to get the best out of my car.i still think there are a few more tenths to be had,the problem is nutting out how best to get it.which will problaly mean another 20 or 30 runs.
your figures indicate a monster of a street car mate, must be beaut on the road ......
Old 25-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #13
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
Did you get the gearbox fixed?? Im hoping to go down next wednesday.
Yeah, g/box all fixed and ready for another beatin.Im thinkin i might get a s/shifter b4 i go down again cause i dont wanna wreck another box.the shift is just too long and with a quick stab on the clutch i can,t get it in fast enough.

Next week sounds the go.

Boys????.

Old 25-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #14
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330

Wonder why he only ran one 12.6, ive done about 30 14.0's but i managed to pull off two 13.70's BTB.

Lets hope we can become more consistent.

Old 25-01-2005, 01:46 PM   #15
TBO240
Member of 12sec club

Quote:
your figures indicate a monster of a street car mate, must be beaut on the road ......
it doesn't feel like a monster .....the wife drives it 90% of the time,it can be driven around very sedatlly but when you put the foot down it gets up and boogies.
Old 25-01-2005, 02:20 PM   #16
SpoolMan

Hi Steve, hows your boys? costing you heaps i bet.
you still have a better time to come you have a good mph..

Old 25-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #17
TBO240
Member of 12sec club

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Hi Steve, hows your boys? costing you heaps i bet.
you still have a better time to come you have a good mph..
hi mark
all going well hope to get down to the track in a coulpe of weeks let the goood times roll.
Old 25-01-2005, 03:01 PM   #18
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

13.60, 13.61, 13.7, 13.7 all in a row at Heathcote. Best is usually 13.8 at calder .. it all depends on how the gearbox is feeling. Miss a gear and look at 14.4 ( which ius what Motor got for their efforts with a perfectly functioning GB )
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 03:12 PM   #19
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

PB.13.850@102.95,13.9,13.9,14.01, still aiming for that 13.50, hopefully the hurricane headers might get me a bit closer to that.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 03:40 PM   #20
rodderz

At calder i usually hover around 13.6's...at heathcote i have trouble getting traction it's more like 14's lol

Next time there I'll take a leaf out of Jeff's book and drench the crowd in tyre smoke!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2005, 11:14 AM   #21
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
At calder i usually hover around 13.6's...at heathcote i have trouble getting traction it's more like 14's lol

Next time there I'll take a leaf out of Jeff's book and drench the crowd in tyre smoke!
thats a fun act ... but damn it's expensive :
One of these days I might get some better headers for it and see what difference that makes ... and a cat back for some decent noise
Old 26-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #22
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Well my pb was a 13.8 at calder with about 15 runs that night but it all helps when you get traction and now l have a new pb of 13.6 at heathcote goto love that concrete 60"

Chris there is nothing rice on my car as l have taken it off (rear spoiler) and still have the Oval badge front and rear haven't replaced it with a jap badge yet maybe that is something for the turbo boys to do....LOL......
Old 26-01-2005, 11:26 PM   #23
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
thats a fun act ... but damn it's expensive :
One of these days I might get some better headers for it and see what difference that makes ... and a cat back for some decent noise
hi Jeff, you dont need mods 13.6 with a small cai...
with a few mods on that time we would all be chasing you i think...

Old 26-01-2005, 11:32 PM   #24
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
hi Jeff, you dont need mods 13.6 with a small cai...
with a few mods on that time we would all be chasing you i think...
with my luck the times would get slower :
Old 27-01-2005, 08:48 AM   #25
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Well my pb was a 13.8 at calder with about 15 runs that night but it all helps when you get traction and now l have a new pb of 13.6 at heathcote goto love that concrete 60"

Chris there is nothing rice on my car as l have taken it off (rear spoiler) and still have the Oval badge front and rear haven't replaced it with a jap badge yet maybe that is something for the turbo boys to do....LOL......
Mate, dont change the topic and have a cheap shot at the turbo boys, I dont dress my car up in black and play cowboys and indians late at night with my "sorry you cant be in our little club because your car is blue) club.

I want that wing back on your car, or a dress on that fat arsed falcon of yours. AND NOT A 4 FOOT TALL BILLET ALLOY ONE

no prawn crackers for you. come back 2 years
Old 28-01-2005, 12:34 AM   #26
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Mate, dont change the topic and have a cheap shot at the turbo boys, I dont dress my car up in black and play cowboys and indians late at night with my "sorry you cant be in our little club because your car is blue) club.

I want that wing back on your car, or a dress on that fat arsed falcon of yours. AND NOT A 4 FOOT TALL BILLET ALLOY ONE

no prawn crackers for you. come back 2 years
not changing topic Mate , as now as l write this l am putting blitz,pioneer,and other performance stickers on the front guards Chris as you told me to do as l think that it was a great idea and also have put purple neons under the car.

Thanks again for the idea CHRIS.

P.S Fortune cookie is always better to eat Sinsay say
Old 28-01-2005, 09:14 AM   #27
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
not changing topic Mate , as now as l write this l am putting blitz,pioneer,and other performance stickers on the front guards Chris as you told me to do as l think that it was a great idea and also have put purple neons under the car.

Thanks again for the idea CHRIS.

P.S Fortune cookie is always better to eat Sinsay say

Right, thats it........................

you just crossed the line at accusing me of prefferring a rice dish over a cold pie and a warm beer. Its war.

you aint so orsm, and i'm gonna show your missus those pictures of you and your car that you tried to buy off me for 10 grand.
Old 28-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #28
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Just thought I would put my 2 bobs in.
My ute does consistant 1.85 60 footers and 13.3 to 13.5 at heathcote with the best times in the high 13.2's. It is strong and reliable I wish I could just have a one off fluke of a 12.9999.

Cheers........Kev

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT