Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 10-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
Timothy
Starter Motor

Default Cougar ABS Module

G'day all,

My 2000 Cougar's ABS & Emergency light's come on randomly and then stay on... took it to the local ford dealer and they quoted $6,000.00 + for a new abs module,

long story short does anyone know of any trick other than removing the bulbs from the little lights or has anyone been blessed with this expensive fault.

cheers

2000 ford cougar auto

Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
thearrow

My advice firstly would be to take it to an auto electrician and get a second opinion.

If he still says it is faulty let me know and I will do some more research for you.

Regards
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
Timothy
Starter Motor

cheers for that,

I've already tried a few different places and they cant find the fault.
Though as you say I am going to have to try a more equiped auto electrician in a larger town.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
thearrow

I am having a similar problem with my wifes car a Land Rover Freelander and I think it has something to do with the sensors. Have you had any work done on the vehicle prior to this happening because that is what happend with the Freelander.

Took it back to my mechanic and he thinks it is just adjustment of the sensor to get it sitting in just the right place so we are working on it now as it has only happened since he fitted new front CV's on it last week.

If you still can't get it fixed let me know.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
cat1999
blueoval

yes had to have my abs module rebuilt in my 1999 cougar cause i couldnt get a replacement unit it cost $4000 but the caryard I bought the car from had to pay for it cause it was under warranty as well as the fuel delivery module another $1500
sofar the repairs have cost half of what the car did
then I had new tyres fitted but the tyre joint was to lazy to look for key to the lock nut and just chisled them of cost bloody well $500 fix up the guys f*&k up
Tyrepower in Cranbourne so be warned
cat1999 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
Timothy
Starter Motor

yes I have had a sensor replaced when some work was done a year or so ago, I'll test that.. if that doesnt fix it then I'll have to get the module re-built or source one from the UK,

what a pain in the ****
Old 16-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
Timothy
Starter Motor

Cheers, I plan on having a very thorough check and test on the sensors, it there is no faults until I reach the ECU/ABS controller then... I guess I have a faulty controller / module.