Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 04-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
FumDuk

Default Sydney peep's please help

Hey guys, i got up this morning to inspect her in daylight, i think its the clutch on the front of the a/c compressor...

does anyone know of a wreckers with cougar parts?

i'm freaking out, if it breaks off the belt will go lose and kitty will cook pretty quick, and i leave for another 10 hour's drive back to bendigo tomorrow morning, god i hope she makes it.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
thearrow

If you are really worried about it just take the belt off, it will mean your aircon won't work bit it should not affect anything else.

When you get home get your mechanic to check it and then check out Mercury/Cougar at http://www.rockauto.com/ and look for the part, register, buy and you will have the part in less than a week.

You should be OK running without the belt.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
pcperfection
Cougar

Hey FumDuk, got some feelers out for you right now, should have some info for you in 20min, text me your mob # as I will be going out in 30 min (3pm) 0425253631

Cheers
Mark
pcperfection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
FumDuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrow
If you are really worried about it just take the belt off, it will mean your aircon won't work bit it should not affect anything else.
Hey, the belt goes around more than just the A/C, otherwise yeah, that would be sweet, thanks anyway mate :P
Old 05-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
FumDuk

Cool falling out of love ...

Hey Mark, I really appreciate your help while I was in Sydney.
Here is the story. I drove for ages before the a/c completely packed it in and seized up, maybe 500ish km’s. Thanks to Mark assuring me the water pump run’s on an independent belt my only option was to follow thearrows advice and remove the belt so the engine could turn, the major drawback I figured would be the alternator not charging the battery, so I stopped along the way and grabbed a spare so I could swap it out and keep moving if needed. Lucky I did, 100km’s further the battery run out, lights flashing and beeping she rolled to a halt, 10 min’s to swap and we were moving again. (Side note, OMG she’s heavy without power steering). Ok, so now I have another problem, my current battery only got me 150ish km’s after removing the belt, and I have 200 km’s to go, so what do I do... hike it, only to get another speeding ticket : ( but we made it, phew, now to order a new compressor... I feel so lucky, and so unlucky at the same time ...
Old 05-12-2008, 11:40 PM   #6
pcperfection
Cougar

Good to hear you made it back with out too much drama, might be a idea to get the ALT checked
to while your mucking around with batteries etc after hearing you saying your headlights are a little dim.

Cheers
Mark
pcperfection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post