Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 25-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
marcusturbo

Question Front Windscreen Busted

MB TDCi Titanium

I got in my car tonight and now have a very large crack across half the windscreen, emanated from a small chip.

My question is, are both the Rain & Light sensors in that small black box just behind the rear view mirror? As O'briens only have the rain sensor noted down.

Has anyone else had to replace the windscreen and if so was it easy and if not why not???

Old 25-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Front Windscreen Busted

Yes, combined Rain and Light Sensor.

I would price up a genuine screen from Ford first, then see what O'briens charge. Assuming you are going through insurance?

I would always go genuine first if available, even if you have to contribut an extra $100 to the price...

And yes, O'briens can install a genuine screen.
Ford will just deliver to them directly.

Chat to your insurance company also and see if they are felxible...
Old 25-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126
Yes, combined Rain and Light Sensor.

Chat to your insurance company also and see if they are felxible...
Windscreen with some companies for Mondeo are not covered as general insurance I had to get separate insurance due to the light & rain sensor was told basic windscreen will be covered as part of cover e.g. no sensors don't know how the rear vision mirror is attached I assume its glued on!!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
marcusturbo

Thank guys. The guy from O'Briens phoned Ford and asked about the light sensor, saved me the job. The part number they had was the correct one but now they know there is a light sensor as well.

Car is insured with QBE and we have free windscreen XS. All they said on the phone was to do everything through O'Briens, nice one, job done.

So far impressed with both companies. Lets see what happens on Friday when he fits the new window.
Old 27-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the windscreen replaced under similar circumstances after a Queensland road trip. The O'Brien's (via NRMA) guy came to the office and sorted it all. Never an issue since.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post