Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-01-2024, 02:48 PM   #1
toyota lexcen

Default time to get new mondeo

Hi,

have run up 320K on 2013 Mondeo LX petrol 2.3L

looks like have gearbox leak or engine leak

been to drive the 2017/18 diesel and petrol version

the petrol seems just as flat as my current car but familar with servicing petrol

having never had diesel, can i service car at home, DIY?

thanks for any info
toyota lexcen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2024, 06:40 PM   #2
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: time to get new mondeo

Absolutely, routine servicing is just fluids and filters. I pay someone to change the fuel filter as I hate diesel!

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2024, 06:49 PM   #3
toyota lexcen

thanks

is the fuel filter in the tank?

this wont be driven like my 2013 petrol, maybe 10,000kms a year
toyota lexcen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2024, 01:37 AM   #4
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

No it's on the front of the engine on the LHS (if u are standing in front of the car looking at the engine) very simple job probably take u all of 10mins. The diesel seems to be a very nice little engine & is fairly easy to service(I've only just got mine had it a few weeks now & very happy with it) although mine has the H.P fuel pump oil leak(HP pump mount gasket)mine also needs the fuel line replaced from the filter head to the HP pump as some numptie has broken the lock on the connector the line to the filter head (the connector has a little plastic tang on it that needs to be lifted to release its lock on the filter head) use a little flat blade screw driver or a seal pick ,it doesn't require much effort to release it-if u don't u will brake it & then u will need a new fuel line(the connector & its parts aren't sold separately & u can only buy a complete line) although I'm looking for second hand parts as I believe I may be able to repair it but good luck trying to find them, so I'll probably have to replace the complete line.
goz007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2024, 06:01 PM   #5
AlanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota lexcen View Post
Hi,

have run up 320K on 2013 Mondeo LX petrol 2.3L

looks like have gearbox leak or engine leak

been to drive the 2017/18 diesel and petrol version

the petrol seems just as flat as my current car but familar with servicing petrol

having never had diesel, can i service car at home, DIY?

thanks for any info
Bear in mind the diesel will have a dual clutch transmission. I
They have the more durable wet clutch type which are reliable enough although it's extremely important to do fluid and filter changes on schedule, which I believe is 60,000km.

I wouldn't necessarily trust a Ford dealer to do this BTW. They seem to have worked out the billing part pretty well,
but don't seem to have figured out the bit where they actually raise the car and do the fluid change.

There are numerous videos on YouTube showing how, it's not difficult but takes a little while.

There's a YouTuber called Alan Howatt who has done a ton of videos on routine maintenance as well as major jobs on mk4 and 5 Mondeos. He maintains a taxi fleet of them.

Last edited by AlanM; 16-01-2024 at 06:11 PM.
AlanM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: