Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-01-2019, 06:52 PM   #151
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: HSV imports Camaro, Silverado...tweeks Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I spotted a blue Camaro today not far from my house in Gordon. They look really good in the flesh IMO.
They do certainly look and SOUND great. Followed one the other day in the Mustang.

The strange thing is the owner had a S550 Mustang before. Perhaps the Australian public is willing to pay 20k more than a Stang to get a Camaro that's put together twice.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #152
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
They do certainly look and SOUND great. Followed one the other day in the Mustang.

The strange thing is the owner had a S550 Mustang before. Perhaps the Australian public is willing to pay 20k more than a Stang to get a Camaro that's put together twice.
Just not that many of them. They are predicting to sell about 1000 of them for the year. Ford sell that many stangs in about a month and a half.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #153
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Shame why dont get the best looking car.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #154
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post

Agree. If I wasn't to go the Mustang route I would certainly favour the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat before the Camero. With the Camero set to arrive, it is possible the Hellcat may follow then causing Ford to bring a factory supercharged Mustang. Wahoo
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2019, 07:27 PM   #155
xeeclipse
Banned

Have you seen the kerb weight on those challengers?? A flying pig, unlike the mustang which cuts an FGX xr8, xr6 sprint a new ******* off the showroom floor.
A bloke had a magnus-son challenger at winton pushing 700hp. 'Mate... it doesn't stop or go around corners for sheet!!'

Last edited by GasoLane; 09-01-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Don't try to avoid the censor
xeeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2019, 08:46 PM   #156
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Just not that many of them. They are predicting to sell about 1000 of them for the year. Ford sell that many stangs in about a month and a half.
And thats probably why, when every man and his dog has a Mustang or could walk into a Dealer and buy one off the lot, whats the price of exclusivity...$20k apparently.

Thats $20k more that 1000 people are prepared to pay each year to avoid being one of the Joneses, and when Joe Bloggs rolls up to a cruise or down the strip in his exclusive HSV camaro with people fawning all over it, that $20k additional outlay will be but a distant memory.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2019, 08:59 PM   #157
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:

Hell yes, this is on my wish list .. If these come to Australia, I'll be putting my name down for 1
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2019, 09:43 PM   #158
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

You can buy the Challenger in Australia now but they make the Camaro look like a bargain.

$180000 for the Hellcat and $350000 for the Demon.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/res...sb=~Price&pg=1
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2019, 10:25 PM   #159
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
You can buy the Challenger in Australia now but they make the Camaro look like a bargain.

$180000 for the Hellcat and $350000 for the Demon.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/res...sb=~Price&pg=1
$100,000 car listed at $350,000 and cannot even be driven on Australian roads? Lol wow. Give me a supercar any day of the week for that price. I'm not even a big supercar fan.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2019, 12:16 AM   #160
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
And thats probably why, when every man and his dog has a Mustang or could walk into a Dealer and buy one off the lot, whats the price of exclusivity...$20k apparently.

Thats $20k more that 1000 people are prepared to pay each year to avoid being one of the Joneses, and when Joe Bloggs rolls up to a cruise or down the strip in his exclusive HSV camaro with people fawning all over it, that $20k additional outlay will be but a distant memory.

That sounds so corny but it’s pretty accurate!
Old 03-01-2019, 01:06 AM   #161
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:

It's much simpler than that.
At $86,000, the HSV engineered Camaro looks like an absolute bargain compared to other import convertors.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2019, 01:17 AM   #162
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
It's much simpler than that.
At $86,000, the HSV engineered Camaro looks like an absolute bargain compared to other import convertors.
Its probably even simpler than that, i doubt the premium is even a consideration.

HSV Camaro, they just want one.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:49 AM   #163
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Its probably even simpler than that, i doubt the premium is even a consideration.

HSV Camaro, they just want one.
Probably but let's hope they want more than just one...
Old 03-01-2019, 02:05 AM   #164
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Probably but let's hope they want more than just one...
Well they'd fork out 90k on each rendition of a fancy tax,i 90k on a limited build sports coupe every 3 years is quite on the cards, that exclusivity will provide reasonable resale.
After the initial hit, the prospect of a 20-30k changeover every 3 years doesn't seem so difficult.
Whether GM offer a factory RHD version and spoil the HSV party will remain to be seen.

Either way, Game on...
Old 03-01-2019, 03:06 AM   #165
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm glad that HSV have products to "remake" and sell and I hope that they expand their range of RHD vehicles.
Ive seen their conversion work and IMO, near on perfect with what you'd expect from factory RHD.

Bent, what i like most about all of this is all the used Mustangs and eventually Camaros that will
come onto second hand market, it means lots and lots of HP cars around at affordable prices.
3 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2019, 03:46 AM   #166
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I'm glad that HSV have products to "remake" and sell and I hope that they expand their range of RHD vehicles.
Ive seen their conversion work and IMO, near on perfect with what you'd expect from factory RHD.

Bent, what i like most about all of this is all the used Mustangs and eventually Camaros that will
come onto second hand market, it means lots and lots of HP cars around at affordable prices.
Agreed, when news of HSV's intentions first surfaced a few people thought it would be some kind of half ****d effort and im not really sure why.
HSV arent silly, they know who their target audience is and what is expected of them to satisfy that crowd, if they get it wrong, they will be exposed.

Its got to be a good thing no matter which side of the fence your allegiences lie.
Its a new era, every Yin needs its Yang, let the fun begin i say.
3 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2019, 12:05 PM   #167
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Agreed, when news of HSV's intentions first surfaced a few people thought it would be some kind of half ****d effort and im not really sure why.
HSV arent silly, they know who their target audience is and what is expected of them to satisfy that crowd, if they get it wrong, they will be exposed.

Its got to be a good thing no matter which side of the fence your allegiences lie.
Its a new era, every Yin needs its Yang, let the fun begin i say.
Rather than half assed, I think the concern was the actual cost after conversion but an article last year,
revealed that HSV actually drove down the change over time from 130-140 hrs to 60-70 hrs.

By being clever, they're actually making a lot more money and providing desirable products
at more affordable prices, I'm sure that other importers would have been charging over $100K

Considering the RHD Ram 1500 is less than $90K, maybe someone could look at F150s..

Last edited by jpd80; 03-01-2019 at 12:13 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2019, 12:47 PM   #168
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Actually spotted one couple of weeks ago in the city. It was parked up so couldn't hear it but you could spot the car people, their necks were snapping looking back
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post