Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #1
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Smile bumper lip for au s1 or au fairlanes / ltds.

Happy new year peoples.
I was bored so i fitted the universal silicon rubber bumper lip extrusion to the rear of the fairlane to hide the casm that is under the bumper. Thought it might be useful for anyone thinking the same.

Ebay link :
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/161051422664?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Pics attached.

Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 
Default Re: bumper lip for au s1 or au fairlanes / ltds.

Interesting mate, subtle but effective. Never seen that before on a Fairlane. I wonder what the front may look like with a similar thing. Might Photoshop something up. I scrape my wind deflector all the time though and my car is at rated at AU XR6 height, not sure it'd last long on mine.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin View Post
Interesting mate, subtle but effective. Never seen that before on a Fairlane. I wonder what the front may look like with a similar thing. Might Photoshop something up. I scrape my wind deflector all the time though and my car is at rated at AU XR6 height, not sure it'd last long on mine.
Thanks,
Funny that, Im thinking of taking it off and painting it metallic silver (with an adhesion promoter first).

Then I might do the same for the front, either the whole bottom edge of the bumper, or just the outside corners (a little ricey??).

I just got sick of the 4wd look ride height from the back.
It looks better in real life than the pic.

-Cheers.

PS: I also found a subtle universal PU bob tail style spoiler that may suit too.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Here is my photoshop - not sure I like it:

I've always liked the idea of a subtle lip spoiler for the AU Fairlane, but I also like the subtle "fins" that the rear section has. If you squint enough, you can see it from the rear.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2014, 03:12 PM   #5
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin View Post
Here is my photoshop - not sure I like it:

I've always liked the idea of a subtle lip spoiler for the AU Fairlane, but I also like the subtle "fins" that the rear section has. If you squint enough, you can see it from the rear.
Gee that was fast!

Yeah, not sure if it suits the front as is, I do think the front of a non T series Fairlane needs a little bling though, like daytime running lights or mesh etc on the bumper etc.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #6
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Bob tail spoiler for ba/bf, I think they sell any length.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spoiler-B...#ht_925wt_1119

Old 26-01-2014, 12:27 AM   #7
mif73
CNC fixer guy

I had some extrusion left over so i added some rice styling to the front .

I'm still not sure if i will leave it like that.

Cheers.

Last edited by mif73; 26-01-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #8
kaytonk
Moopheus?

I'm surprised to say it, but I actually quite like the front like that.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #9
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mif73 View Post
Gee that was fast!

Yeah, not sure if it suits the front as is, I do think the front of a non T series Fairlane needs a little bling though, like daytime running lights or mesh etc on the bumper etc.
What about a b series bumper?
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #10
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
What about a b series bumper?
I briefly thought about it but then found the b series bumper also forms part of the grille, so no good.

Im slowly working on a small grille with DRL assembly for the outsides of the bumper.

I will make a few samples on the cnc and see how they look.

Ps: i also wonder how these would look on the outside of the bumper?
They would be very easy to bolt up but not sure how they would look.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/251316052893

Last edited by mif73; 02-02-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:07 AM   #11
joshpettitt
Starter Motor

Hey mate,

Who did your headlights? Looks fantastic

Also, do you live around the Cheltenham area? Saw a Fairlane with the same headlight color and body color the other week just near the airfield. Passed you in my Fairlane and was drooling at the look of it
joshpettitt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #12
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpettitt View Post
Hey mate,

Who did your headlights? Looks fantastic

Also, do you live around the Cheltenham area? Saw a Fairlane with the same headlight color and body color the other week just near the airfield. Passed you in my Fairlane and was drooling at the look of it
Ta,
I painted them myself, also painted my dad's futura years ago, they have a similar construction, there is a thread somewhere here about painting au headlight bezels, the only hassle is the clear lenses over the indicators, the tabs break no matter how careful or or slowly you try to remove them, and the chrome coating on the bezel needs to be rubbed back with a scotch pad etc because if you breath on it, it will flake off.
Dont use Sika flex to seal it up as you wont be able to open it back up again, use a butyl mastic rubber type goo which does not harden instead (clean up with wax and grease remover).
You could buy a damaged headlight from a wrecker and practice your skill.

A limited edition fairlane called millenium was released in 2000 with the black lights, they are rare, also the the T series had body colour lights.

It most likely wasn't my car you saw as it is no where near drool worthy, it's more like something you see in your periphery and just ignore.

I will probably open mine up again this winter to fix up a few imperfections, possibly a colour change to body colour or dark grey, and fit day time running light leds inside somewhere.

If you want, you can watch me break mine so you can do yours??

cheers, Andrew.

Old 19-11-2020, 09:44 PM   #13
spooka
Starter Motor

My DIY TL50 on my LTD
spooka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post