Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 17-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
Seaton

Default Koni shock setup for drags.

Hi guys,
Going to take the FG XR6T back to WSID next week,
I have run it once before, ran a 12.8 then 12.7 @ 109mph 100% stock everything.
Since then I have lowered the car, and on the street it's much harder to launch, seems to go up in wheelspin a lot easier, then a couple of weeks ago I fitted some Koni red adjustable shocks,
My question is, will it help get off the line if I put the rears on the stiffest setting, As it is only adjusting the rebound, I'm not going to change the front as its too much work to pull them out, but the rear is easy if its going to benifit the 60ft at all. Hoping it will help squat off the line for longer.
Thanks!

Seaton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Simon is a worthy recipient, his willingness to share  knowledge here for Forum Members and his wealth of knowledge. He has made himself available not only through the Forums but allowing members to contact him by mobile as required 
Default Re: Koni shock setup for drags.

all you can do is set them on a medium settting and try one way if it gets worse go back and go the other way