Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #31
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryday
Bwaaahahahahaha!!!

I wish my EF XR8 would to 200+ ... It hits 194 and then the tailshaft feels like it's going to come thru the floor!!!
Bless the two-piece tailshaft! :
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #32
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
Thats easy, 199,000 people to share 1.3Million km2 of land where 75% of the population lives in very remote areas and 25% live in remote areas.

Compare that to NSW were 6.8million people share 800,000km2 where 95% of the population live in Major Cities.

Cram lots of people into a small place and per capita the crash rate is superior (over a given time). It doesn't mean that all NT drivers are any better, there just isn't any inocent people to take out when you wrap your Ford around a Roo at 160kmh.
Roos are only a problem at night. With the exeption of some of the gravel roads out here, the roads are very good. It is quite safe to travel at 160K or faster in the right conditions. I am not saying that NT drivers are better than any other state, but I suppose we are more experineced at high speed long distance travel..... And that is the beauty of living out here, we are not sharing everything with 6.8 million other bogans...... And all the "government" that goes with it. If the revenue that has been collected over the last 20 years from fuel tax had been spent on roads, we would all be driving on autobahn type roads. But instead the "government" has spent it on a welfare system that has a thirst that can never be quenched.

I can almost predict when the next road fatality occurs out here.(excluding community cars that are over loaded with bald tyres doing 140 on a dirt road, and the driver most likely drunk) It will be the start of the tourist season (winter) we will get an in flux of over seas and interstate drivers that simply are not experienced at driving at anything over 100k trying their hand on the un restricted roads. They will tare out of here at dusk for an overnight trip to darwin, or the rock or down to Adelaide.... THEY will wrap themselves around a roo, camel,donkey,cow or something. It all comes back to attitude and experience. And most of all, common sence.

Cheers all.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post