Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Early Falcon Car Club of Qld Inc

Early Falcon Car Club of Qld Inc The Queensland early model Falcon Club.

Old 24-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
xwboss

Default Invisible clubs @ Kedron all Ford day

Apparently we were one of the invisible clubs at the Kedron all Ford day run by the GT owners club of Queenland.

Come presentation time our club and few others never even got a mention that we were there or thanks for coming. Its ok to take peoples money to come in and look at cars supporting the event, but dont thank the owners for bringing there cars.

Out side the the organisers it was a good day, weather held out and there were some very nice cars.

Our club members did us proud there were 16 club members cars and 2 ring ins that joined the club on the day also.

Last edited by xwboss; 24-09-2007 at 11:06 AM. Reason: grammar error
xwboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your club cars were awesome for sure

Hope you don't mind you saying this here but there were things that weren't done by the designated person to do so and that let the GT club down.
Bob Taylor (the guy behind the microphone) spoke to our club President and basically said sorry etc.
I know how hard it can be to make everything run smoothly and when others don't do their job it makes things go belly up pretty fast.

Have a chat to Bob and let him know how you feel. (I can pass on his number or email address if you like).

Hopefully we will all get a mention next year :

Well done to your club display though, certainly a lot of cars in your group on the day.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #3
xwboss

Fiery, Yes could you PM me Bobs email and contact number please.

And i know what you mean about some people not keeping up there end of the deal. I heard Bob announce sarcastically that he would like to thank the help he is getting from GT club members.

However, i still believe Bob could of just said thanks to each club that came, he had a list obviously because there were club signs up for each club.

Also they had trophies for some clubs and not others, did different people organise trophies for different clubs, i don't thinks so. More like a bit of favoritism. Trophie for the best Cobra, it was a nice car but there was only one cobra.

And this was the 25th anniversary of the Brisbane All Ford day.
I would also suggest it may have been the nail in the coffin for the Brisbane
All Ford day.
Especially how there is an all Ford day on the Gold Coast next month and it looks to be well organised.
Old 24-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
xwboss

Default More photos

Old 24-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
xwboss

Default more pics

Old 24-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the XP 2 door with the fox tail is Andrews isnt it? he only just recently purchased it?

he is a friend of Debzillas dad.. and his son an old school mate of mine
hopefully he gets the thing sorted soon!!

was definatly good to see some ol early X series falcons out there!!
all immaculatly presented too!! well done guys
Old 24-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
xwboss

Thanks Blackers, you guys had a great display too.

Your club must be growing at a great rate. Good to see
Old 24-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
xwboss

Default What a line up

Our lineup of cars, best for a longtime

Old 23-10-2007, 08:04 AM   #9
red_hotxr6
Banned

Some very nice presented golden oldies there..maybe with some input from people Bob can rectify some of the little niggling problems, they still have here at Kedron, it would be a shame to see the thing start dying off, or people not start turning up..
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #10
xwboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Some very nice presented golden oldies there..maybe with some input from people Bob can rectify some of the little niggling problems, they still have here at Kedron, it would be a shame to see the thing start dying off, or people not start turning up..

Yeah it would be a shame to see it end.
XR & FPV club, Mustang club and our club EFCC have been speaking to each other about getting on board and helping with the organising. But will have to wait and see if help will be accepted