Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
Swaytan
Swaytan

Default New Pics

Hey Guys,

I stopped by Ryda this afternoon after work, just to see how the install was going. I took the following photos with my camera phone, their crap photos but at least their photos.

Here's the sub box (their now using 2x10 inch subs, much better for heavy metal apparently). The thing next to it is the cover, that sits on the back of the rear seats around the amps, so that all the cabling & exposed steel is concealed. The back of the rear seats have also been sound deadened.

This is the RHS inside door handle, next to it is one of the tweeters. The tweeter is actually sunk a little into the door, it looks awesome. Both of the doors have been completely sound deadened.

This is just a random shot from the LHS of the Fez.

Battery connections.

This is the back of the rear seats where the amps are being mounted. Behind that MDF is sound deadening material too, actually the whole boot is deadened. It's a pretty dark shot, but whatever.

So there it is so far, they have been taking their own photos at every step through the install, they'll give me a disk full of em when it's all done. Also the crossover/eq unit is in the glove box slot.

Can't wait...

Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 08:47 PM   #2
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Very very nice, lokks pretty good so far

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
Very very nice, lokks pretty good so far
Cheers buddy, but those photos don't capture the following:

1. How cool it actually looks
2. The workmanship of the installers
3. The look on my face
Old 20-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Hahaha

Good stuff sway! Looking pretty special!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #5
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
Cheers buddy, but those photos don't capture the following:

1. How cool it actually looks
2. The workmanship of the installers
3. The look on my face
I think I can imagine

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks nice. Very strange place to put the tweeters.

Wouldn't deadening the are behind the amps stop some of the bass for coming through to the cabin? I found even just taking out the parcel shelf makes a difference.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 12:09 AM   #7
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
Looks nice. Very strange place to put the tweeters.
Yeah, I originally thought that they were gonna put em up in the head-liner, but yeah. When ya see it in the flesh, it looks like it's always been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
Wouldn't deadening the are behind the amps stop some of the bass for coming through to the cabin? I found even just taking out the parcel shelf makes a difference.
Not entirely sure, but doubt they'd do it if it would.

Speaking as a musician, strategic sound deadening (plugging/baffling) kills distortion. Sub frequencies are also non directional. So just because the subs will be pointed to the rear of the boot which is sound deadened, sub frequency tones move more like ripples in a pond then say a 45 degree angle sweep.

And for as to why they're sound deadening behind the amps, I'd say to just cover the bare metal to stop feedback.
Old 21-06-2006, 12:32 AM   #8
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have no idea what all those are but they sure look good! Now all you need is some good RnB and Rap and you're all set ;)
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 02:13 AM   #9
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I must not have been paying attention before, I assumed you were getting 10in subs originally. They do offer much better rebound for double kick drums and the like. Must say it's looking pretty damn good at the moment. It's making be want to do things with my tax return instead of being responsible and saving it.
Old 21-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #10
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking good Sway, those professional car audio installers really know their stuff dont they, but then I guess like anything else, they're doing that job day in day out so chances are they're bound to be good at it, the only issue I can see from the pics is that tweeter.......it does look rather "exposed".....or is that not the end result?......is there a plastic cover to go over them?........if not....don't want to state the obvious Sway, but you're going to have to be very carefull not to damage them, particularly in the location that they have placed them, obviously it's the perfect location for them to be in relation to the audio performance, but your'e going to be ****ed off if one day ya go to throw your elbow up onto the windows edge as we all do and..........."dent!!".........thats gonna hurt bad.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #11
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Looking good Sway, those professional car audio installers really know their stuff dont they, but then I guess like anything else, they're doing that job day in day out so chances are they're bound to be good at it, the only issue I can see from the pics is that tweeter.......it does look rather "exposed".....or is that not the end result?......is there a plastic cover to go over them?........if not....don't want to state the obvious Sway, but you're going to have to be very carefull not to damage them, particularly in the location that they have placed them, obviously it's the perfect location for them to be in relation to the audio performance, but your'e going to be ****ed off if one day ya go to throw your elbow up onto the windows edge as we all do and..........."dent!!".........thats gonna hurt bad.
I hear what you're saying about elbow damage, luckily having a 14 year history of martial arts has made my elbows/forearms into rocks. But I guess the bruise factor is still a point.
Old 23-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #12
Swaytan
Swaytan

Hey guys, here's some completion pics, the install pics are still coming...

BTW, the cable connecting the sub is intentionally exposed like that, if I need to take the sub out, a few bolts & a clip & it's out...

Will post the install pics ASAP...
Old 23-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #13
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Green Ford badge looks schmick. Install ain't bad either. Ha ha.
Old 23-06-2006, 08:05 PM   #14
Danny
GT4.

Loving the Green Badge! Good work fitting it sway. Even mine is a little bubbly on the edge (due to my crap fitment) lol. Yours is perrrfect!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #15
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Awesome stuff there Sway, Looks like a very good install. My sub box looks exactly like yours but with 12s, Good to see the 6X9 in the rear quarters (like mine) are they a flush fit or is there a slight bump in the middle of the grilles?

The green badges looks hot to. Where are the Aliens?? Couldnt they hand the pounding??
Old 24-06-2006, 02:29 AM   #16
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Awesome stuff there Sway, Looks like a very good install. My sub box looks exactly like yours but with 12s, Good to see the 6X9 in the rear quarters (like mine) are they a flush fit or is there a slight bump in the middle of the grilles?

The green badges looks hot to. Where are the Aliens?? Couldnt they hand the pounding??
Re: the rear speakers, their perfectly flush. The guy remarked that the space in there was is if it was designed specifically for that speaker.

Green badge = awesome, just stuck em on this arvo.

How could I have forgotten the Aliens??! Oh well, the Ryda guys took a whole lot of pics with the Aliens hanging out of the car (one coming out from under the bonnet too).

Couldn't be happier!
Old 24-06-2006, 02:30 AM   #17
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Even mine is a little bubbly on the edge (due to my crap fitment) lol. Yours is perrrfect!
Dude, did you have a few drinks before installing the stickers or something?! Ahahaha, that's awesome.
Old 24-06-2006, 03:35 AM   #18
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Looks good, man. That's a lot of rubber suspension around the subs. The green badge looks the goods too.
Old 26-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #19
FlaminFiesta

mate tahts awesome !!

i know you posted it somewhere but what are the stats on ur install eg cost and parts ?

again loooks awesome, just drop that ***** and stick 18's on it, ****ing hot !
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #20
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminFiesta
mate tahts awesome !!

i know you posted it somewhere but what are the stats on ur install eg cost and parts ?

again loooks awesome, just drop that ***** and stick 18's on it, ****ing hot !
Hey FlaminFiesta,

1x Fusion FP-1402 2 Ch Amp
1x Fusion FP-504 4 Ch Amp
2x Fusion FJL-65C Splits
2x Fusion FPW-1000 Subs with box
1x Fusion FX-50 Crossover
All installation & full sound deadening.

I got an awesome price due to them using my car in Autosalon. In saying that, they'll kill anywhere else for price. And do a bloody good job too.

I'm gonna be putting 17's on, have to be careful with my insurance. I've seen a Fez with 18's, looked too big, but then again it could have been the wheels. And yeah, gonna drop it when I get the new wheels. Cheers mate.
Old 26-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #21
FlaminFiesta

so what would retail price be lol ?
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post