Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default Damaged Fiesta Zetec For Auction - Pickles

Hey guys,

I'm guessing this one was an insurable write - off

Compliance Date02/04
MakeFORD
ModelFIESTA, WP Zetec, Hatchback
DescriptionWHITE, MANUAL, 1.6 ltr, 4 cyl, Petrol, Multi-Point Injected
Registration No No Registration
Odometer0 kms. showing on
Registered Until No Registration
Extras Aircond., P/Steer, R
No. Of Seats5
No. Of Doors3
Log Book No
No. Of Gears 5
Damage DetailsFront - Heavy Panel, Interior - Airbags Deployed
Sale Details

Lot Number 820
MILPERRA (NSW) - SYDNEY: 09/06/2006
Damaged Vehicles - Milperra
20 Woorang St
Milperra NSW 2214

Check it out! www.pickles.com.au

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #2
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"I did the quick search function at the Pickles web site and it came up with this one, completely different car to the one you were referring to Teki."

Compliance Date: 04/04
Make: FORD
Model: FIESTA, WP LX, Hatchback
Description: BLUE, AUTOMATIC, 1.6 ltr, 4 cyl, Unleaded, Multi-Point Injected
Registration No: ZIM687
Odometer: 42,699 kms showing on
Registered Until: 01/06/2006
Extras: Aircond., Airbag Dual, P/Steer, P/Wind Front, ABS, Cent.Lock, CD Player, Radio, Jack, Immobiliser (Fact),
Trim: GREY CLOTH
No. Of Seats: 5
No. Of Doors: 5
Log Book: Yes
No. Of Gears: 4
Damage Details: Bumper Lip Spoiler - Loose/Unclipped, Scratches, Door (Rear Passenger) - Dents, Roof Sedan - Dents, Vehicle Body - Minor Scratches All Over, Stone Chips to Front End, Windscreen (Front) - Minor Chips Evident
Price: $14,950 (GST inc)

Last edited by robjh80; 10-06-2006 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Link not working
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hey Rob - do another search and click the "include damaged vehicles"

This white Fiesta has only one front headlight and bonnet at the front - the bumper, radiator etc etc seem to have disappeared! haha

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 10-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Hey Rob - do another search and click the "include damaged vehicles"

This white Fiesta has only one front headlight and bonnet at the front - the bumper, radiator etc etc seem to have disappeared! haha
I can't find it either, Even with Include Damaged vehicles specified... Can you give me a link?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Bummer - I tried finding it and it is gone! Must have sold! Hmmmmmm... wonder if a wrecker will have it somewhere...

Old 10-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lot Number 820
MILPERRA (NSW) - SYDNEY: 09/06/2006
Damaged Vehicles - Milperra
Pickles have taken the link down as the auction was yesterday...
Old 10-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #7
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Bummer - I tried finding it and it is gone! Must have sold! Hmmmmmm... wonder if a wrecker will have it somewhere...
Sounds like ya looking to get back in a Fez on the cheap Teki, what's the deal huh? :
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Sounds like ya looking to get back in a Fez on the cheap Teki, what's the deal huh? :
Haha never!

I'm actually on the look out for a RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup in French Racing Blue which flipped on its roof sometime last week... was in Sans Sousi near Captain Cook Bridge - made it into the local St George paper... The Leader.

So yea, I was looking for the Renault - but found it interesting, and began looking at other cars! Some of them aren't too damaged either....

Old 13-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #9
crispymk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by '67
Pickles have taken the link down as the auction was yesterday...
I found it still...

Didnt take much to write it off then? Dont you have to do 80% of insured value for total loss?
Old 14-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

And here is what I was looking for... OUCH

Old 14-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #11
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats alot of damage to that clio would hate to have been in that. Know what caused it to flip?

The fez is totalled coz of chassis damage. Would still be good for parts though.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Don't think the Chassis is too badly damaged on the Fiesta - it is more a case of the engine and front panel damage.

What I found weird with the Fiesta is the airbag didn't exactly deploy - it only half came out. And even then, the passenger airbag didn't even come out. What the? That is ALOT of damage for a front airbag not to come off.

The Clio hit a kerb, a tree and then rolled...

Old 14-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #13
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What I found weird with the Fiesta is the airbag didn't exactly deploy - it only half came out. ...
Do they have dual stage airbags? Although I think they still come out fully even if not in a full on crash, just inflate a bit slower??
Old 14-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #14
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im pretty sure they have been (airbags deployed) stuffed back in because the covers have clearly blown some cars(not sure if fez has it) turn off the passenger airbag if no one is in the seat . If not chassis damage the fiesta might just be a case of driving without insurance and not being able to afford the repairs.

Poor little clio
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 11:53 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yea I don't think the Fiesta has dual Stage airbags... and even if it did that airbag looks like it hardly even came out!

Don't think your allowed to have passenger airbags off (ie no seat belt on)... I think all airbags deploy in an accident, if the sensor has been triggered. Ford instance, in a side/rear impact the airbag will NOT deploy. Only in a frontal collision, which that obviously was! I think the Fiesta was an insurable write-off, but it obviously wasn't statutory. Basically, it was too much $$$ to repair it... was cheaper to pay the person the full amount and then sell the car damaged. The reason is due to the airbags deployed - always expensive to fix. Also, the front panels are gone, and it seems the drivers door/chassis area might be damaged. Would be great for a rally project...

As for the Clio - it is sad. Glad my mate made it out alive!

Old 15-06-2006, 12:48 AM   #16
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Yea I don't think the Fiesta has dual Stage airbags... and even if it did that airbag looks like it hardly even came out!

Don't think your allowed to have passenger airbags off (ie no seat belt on)... I think all airbags deploy in an accident, if the sensor has been triggered. Ford instance, in a side/rear impact the airbag will NOT deploy. Only in a frontal collision, which that obviously was! I think the Fiesta was an insurable write-off, but it obviously wasn't statutory. Basically, it was too much $$$ to repair it... was cheaper to pay the person the full amount and then sell the car damaged. The reason is due to the airbags deployed - always expensive to fix. Also, the front panels are gone, and it seems the drivers door/chassis area might be damaged. Would be great for a rally project...

As for the Clio - it is sad. Glad my mate made it out alive!

WP Fiesta DOES have Dual stage airbags, But Up until the WQ. For some reason they took it off the new models (Don't know why).

So yes, those would have been dual stage and probably would have deployed on stage one only. That still doesn't explain why the bag isnt hanging down. It's simple. As Pieoter said, I too reckon they've stuffed the bags back in for Photos of the interior, and to make it look more enticing for parts to a potential panel-o that would buy it.
Old 15-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I guess... So whats up with the passenger airbag then?

Old 15-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #18
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you'll find there are sensors in the seats and most likely there wasn't a passenger in the car, so the airbag didn't go off.

Edit- looks like it has gone off? May have been shoved back in?

Last edited by murcod; 15-06-2006 at 12:49 PM.
murcod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #19
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

the passenger cover is defintly split, so I'm thinking its been stuffed back in, maybe to stop the lubricating powder spreading everywhere.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hey....

Sorry guys - does look like it went off. I thought it was an open envelope... sure does look like one! Weird how the whole cover didn't come off... instead it just split in the middle. I guess it is to minimise injury from the air bag?

Instead of something like this...

Man airbags are HUGE

Old 15-06-2006, 11:56 PM   #21
Danny
GT4.

Yeah, steve most airbags split the plastic in the middle (Its purposely weakened) as I think some of the earlier airbags (like those in the seppo Sh!!tfighters) had the whole cover come off and that was hurting people.

Thats why that happens