Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-10-2005, 01:19 AM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Question New Fiesta at the SYDNEY MOTOR SHOW

Have any of you seen it?! ITS DISGUSTING! OMGGGGG... ok, the dash wasnt too bad, but very busy and less classy IMO. The speedo stops at 210 as well.... (yea, i know our car doesnt do either speed!). Um, the interior in the LX is so girly it is laughable! Swirls all over the interior... very odd! In the time i was there, i heard two people asking about the current shape and how long they still had to get one new! hahahahhaha

Also, oddly, there was no Zetec on the stand, and no-one had any idea about it. Do you think we might be getting a ZetecS?!

Another thing, the bug eyes at the front look UGLY looking from where the front door is. They poke out so much. A nice feature on the Ghia was a silver highlight on the steering wheel. Also, the exterior moulds on the LX where in light grey, not black. Stood out more...

OH, and the rear light cluster, doesnt look too bad, but the round reflectors at the bottom just look odd on a squarish car.

Very odd.....

BUTTTTTTTT, i must admit i love the front bumper/fog lights.... and i opened the bonnet and all the headlight screws and where the grill attaches to the car are the same.... so im pretty sure its just a straight change.

OHHHHHHHHH, and aquarius is no more! Jeans blue and some other colours are here to replace it.... and also, it seems that the Flare colour is back.... i could have been wrong, but i know the Aquarius is GONE. Straight, seems to be a popular colour

(sorry i didnt get pics... left the digi at home, and it was too late to head back home!)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 15-10-2005 at 01:26 AM.
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 03:43 AM   #2
0xyg3n

I have a spec sheet of the UK facelift and it doesn't list aquarius or flare. Not really a fan of the facelift the headlights are way to big they should of made them similar to the rallyeconcept. Not really a fan of the interior either but some of the new gagets sound interesting like the automatic climate control and rain sensitive wipers.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Dont think either car at the motor show had the Climate Control..... apparently the aussie version is different headlights, bumpers and dash. That is IT. And different colours and seat designs.

I hate the headlights... they poke out like bug eyes.... very honda Jazz like.... but worse!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 15-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #4
FlaminFiesta

glad i got htis one then phew hehe, well be a select few with this model yay ! hehe (select few thousand maybe)
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 06:56 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

euro design GONE... korean look, back again!

Old 15-10-2005, 07:38 PM   #6
marcosambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
euro design GONE... korean look, back again!
Which one sells in australia?

think about it...
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #7
Danny
GT4.

Also it does not look Korean. I dont know where the hell you're pulling that from.

Black bezelled Bug eye headlights set back in a modern clear lense. Tell me other cars that share the same design cue hmmm, BMW e35 5 series and the new ones, BA/BF XR's, Focus Mk2. I reckon stop being so critical of the design mate, its a good evolution of the Fiesta into something that looks more like a baby focus (The Mk2), those heddies look mean and loads more modern. The interior is a welcome change from hard plastic tupperware box too.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Um, what black bezelled? Also.... it is bug eyed. Look at it from the side and close to the car... it shows how much it protrudes from the car. Im just saying that i think its getting rid of its clean lines.

UM, i just meant korean refering to the Festiva days.....

Old 16-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

god forbid the day the Fiesta is ever facelifted to anything that resembles the Festiva
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 03:36 AM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosambrose
Which one sells in australia?

think about it...
Ok, lets all tell Ford to start making echo lookalikes.... that is certain to sell!

Hell, i know i would buy one!

Old 17-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #11
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Um, what black bezelled? Also.... it is bug eyed. Look at it from the side and close to the car... it shows how much it protrudes from the car. Im just saying that i think its getting rid of its clean lines.

UM, i just meant korean refering to the Festiva days.....
The lights are tinted black inside with a circular headlight bezel and clear lenses to cover it. Its more modern, looks more sporty, and brings the fiesta into the latest automotive fashions. Show me a pic of a korean econobox being sold here today with similar design cues please.
Old 17-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Where is the black bezel?

http://www.profileshadestructures.co...-1033-full.jpg

Old 17-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Ive seen it... it is crystal clear... only the ST has the black bezel....

Old 17-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #14
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
anyone gotta better picture than my rushed effort?
Old 17-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #15
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

i took about 30pics of the new fez should have some up soon
Old 18-10-2005, 03:20 AM   #16
Danny
GT4.

Ok, So Teki you have seen the Aussie spec model. This is the ONLY pic ive seen of the new fez so far before you wer so kind as to post your pic from the motorshow.

Having looked at the pic, Now can you see why I would think that the healdights are tinted black with the circular bezel (bezel meaning the scolloped bit surrounding the main driving light...)?

I'm not gonna argue with ya mate, I got better things to do, but that was the impression I got from this photo. The aus spec one comes (obviously from your pic) with clear lights only until ST arrives.
Old 18-10-2005, 11:09 PM   #17
joshf2
striped

well, the new car definately has a nicer front bar

i spose the only other thing i liked from it is the analogue fuel gauge

the trim looked a bit off, the headlights were terrible, and the tailights were worse.

i did like the lil shiny bit on the steering wheel of the ghia tho
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 11:15 PM   #18
FlaminFiesta

hmm im still not sure, but i keep eharing baotu the zetec s and im thinking WOW gimme gimme hehe
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 11:29 PM   #19
joshf2
striped

p.s. did anyone who went see the pagani zonda?
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 12:26 AM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
well, the new car definately has a nicer front bar

i spose the only other thing i liked from it is the analogue fuel gauge

the trim looked a bit off, the headlights were terrible, and the tailights were worse.

i did like the lil shiny bit on the steering wheel of the ghia tho
Thought it was only me! Omg, the interior trim was all wavy lines! Ew. Front bar is nicer. Lights are screwed... im sorry, but the round just doesnt work on a square car. The front headlights poke out, and the rear reflectors on the bumper ruin the clean lines

Old 19-10-2005, 01:23 AM   #21
Danny
GT4.

Must admit I hate the taillights and the round reflectors on the rear bumper.
I do like the one piece bumper/grill set up and the tinted headlights (On the pic posted above)...