Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 31-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #1
Lisho
Starter Motor

Default Genuine Ford Clear Indicators

The genuine Ford part number for these Ford Focus parts is:

FM5A 13K309 AA5

Cost me ~ $95 including Amber globes. The rubber seal on the indicators is white, not black as I had expected.

I did the rag trick which worked fine but I did manage to scratch the paint a little in the small recess where the indicator sits. This wasn't from the screw driver but from the actual Indicator itself. If you take off the wheel arch cover and press the clip in from the back then I'd say the chances of this happening would be nil (I couldn't be bothered though).

Anyway $100 well spent.

Old 31-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

thankx mate... jsut to let you know unless you have mechanic hands it will hurt like a b!thc doing it via the wheel well....

Otherwise thankx for the info.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

You were robbed. Cost me $65 for Focus ones. Just have to finish the colour coding now.
Old 31-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
You were robbed. Cost me $65 for Focus ones. Just have to finish the colour coding now.
lol you all where robbed. i paid 20 bucks!

got them shipped from the UK. though mine are Crystal ones.

in all fairness they just flash orange when indicating...thats about it... hence why i only spent 20.

Old 31-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
Jess85

LOL i paid nothing for mine
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 AM   #6
Lisho
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
Well there is only one Ford dealer in Darwin so not much choice really (infact there is only one of each dealer of any make of car in Darwin). I also did get the globes as well.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #7
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

You might want to try http://www.fordpartsuk.com/

They are happy to ship to Australia and a few of us have used them several times without issues.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #8
Lisho
Starter Motor

Thanks mate totally forgot about places like that.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #9
Lisho
Starter Motor

I also didn't mind paying so much for the indicators as they were a genuine Ford item.. I was more worried about moisture and stuff seeing what the weather is like up here.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:04 AM   #10
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Didn't mean to sound harsh bro. I thought I was paying top dollar down here in Tas. Best to use genuine parts though I reckon.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #11
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Hey guys Im the poor clod who'll be fitting clear indicators to the Mrs' Fez, and if I chip her paint she'll kill me, how do I go about pulling off the wheel arch cover? Just a set of clips?

I miss the good old days, the old screwdriver trick worked a treat, now you've gotta pull half the car apart to change anything!

I think she got crystal indicators off ebay, should look nice.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 AM   #12
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fantastic_Ford
Hey guys Im the poor clod who'll be fitting clear indicators to the Mrs' Fez, and if I chip her paint she'll kill me, how do I go about pulling off the wheel arch cover? Just a set of clips?

I miss the good old days, the old screwdriver trick worked a treat, now you've gotta pull half the car apart to change anything!

I think she got crystal indicators off ebay, should look nice.
there should be a tutorial on the eurofordclub.com site under 'articles/tutorials' i think its just a matter of undoing some screws in the whell arch and peeling it back till there's enough room to work with. dunno, my indicators were supposed to come 4 days ago...
:
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #13
Lisho
Starter Motor

Where I scratched mine you cannot even see it as it's covered by the indicator. Also just because I scratched mine doesn't mean that you will scratch yours..
Old 08-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #14
Adsy01

I don't understand why you guys are talking about pulling apart the inner wheel arches for?
My ones just slid over a touch then you can just gently pull it outwards as you puch in the clips, no scratches or chips. Just need to be gentle I guess They're just like every other gaurd mounted light on any other mass produced car.

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #15
bru20vt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsy01
I don't understand why you guys are talking about pulling apart the inner wheel arches for?
My ones just slid over a touch then you can just gently pull it outwards as you puch in the clips, no scratches or chips. Just need to be gentle I guess They're just like every other gaurd mounted light on any other mass produced car.
I have to agree with you entirely. Changed mine the other day - 5 mins tops. The only trick is to determine which side of the clip is fixed and which side has some flex. On mine, you slide from left to right to release.

dom
bru20vt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #16
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Hey mate. probably heard of this, but get a thin rag and put that over a flat head screw driver and then use that to pry the old indicators off. should save you from scratching the paint.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #17
Nappa
Impressive...

i dont need them cos my car came form the factory with them, but i would like to put them on my gf's car.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #18
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

yeh, actually dont need to peel back the arches, came off with screwdriver. amazing how such a small thing looks that much better.
came within a week from uk, all up $40 from:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/STYLYZE-Ca...Q3amesstQQtZkm
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:54 PM   #19
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Got the indicators on! Briefly considered pulling off the inner wheelarch cover, but I quickly deemed it too hard. I got the smallest flat head screwdriver I had, wrapped it in a rag and voila! The trick is (as has been said) knowing which end has the clip.

It looks 1000x better than the original amber ones:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=500&page=1
http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=500&page=1
Old 11-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #20
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

does look a thousand times better, loving the ST leather interior on the zetec! really looks great, bet they're bloody comfy too.
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #21
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Thanks Zetec_jim, the ST interior is awesome, hugs your bod well and looks fantastic.